'19 Recruiting Forum: Official Mississippi State Pregame/Game Thread

If Maurer passes for 300 yards go ahead and build the freaking statue. We haven't seen that around here in a long time. Man, I've forgotten what its like to have great QB play.

But I'm with you on the team. I think we have some momentum coming out of that GA game, even with the loss. I think the players believe in Maurer.
in this regard, i think there was a reason for all the well wishing from the players to fans as well.

My orange colored glasses go on with this one.

Vols 28-24

I would like to see a sustained run game coupled with short passes to JJ and DWA. Fling it downfield a few times, and no turnovers. Stop the run on D. Force their Freshman QB into some mistakes.

Vols.

Reactions: UTSuave’
With our lack of depth, I feel like building an early lead will be paramount. I don’t like our odds of winning the 4th quarter with many teams... could be wrong.

Reactions: UTSuave’
My prediction is Miss St. brings a ton of trailer trash to Knoxville.
I went to a game in Starkville.
The cowbell thing is like fingernails on a chalkboard.
They should be banned.
That whole ”ring responsibly” idea that the SEC told them to do is like your girlfriend telling you “just the tip”. Never happens. 😈

I went to a game in Starkville.
The cowbell thing is like fingernails on a chalkboard.
They should be banned.
That whole ”ring responsibly” idea that the SEC told them to do is like your girlfriend telling you “just the tip”. Never happens. 😈

This made me laugh...

Giving up a touch under 5 a carry if we don’t commit to running it til they stop it we deserve to lose.

If Maurer has a good game we should win here. Run the ball keep the Defense fresh and don’t screw it up Chaney.

Mauer looks more like a freshman and makes a few more mistakes. MSU will do what others have done and take the run game away and make Mauer beat them. Can Mauer beat them? That's the question. Defense struggles again. Vols lose another tough one.

MSU 28
Vols 17

I'll believe the Vols can win an SEC game when they win an SEC game.

Giving up 4.57 a carry on defense if we don’t run it til they prove they can stop it consistently then we deserve to lose.

We’re getting a lot better up front run blocking so I have confidence the Vols so well. Don’t screw it up Chaney

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Eric Gray=Breakout game
i think the thing that scared them about Gray was his pass protection. forget what game it was, but he was supposed to pick up a blitz...and he did...sort of...he got run over on the way to a hit on the QB....

i still wonder about getting him and chandler on the field at the same time....? gray is to good not to see the field more.....hopefully we get back to seeing him out there this week. high hopes for that kid...he moves really well in small spaces.....cuts on a dime.....and can burst out of it....surely they can get him the ball more.....

i think the thing that scared them about Gray was his pass protection. forget what game it was, but he was supposed to pick up a blitz...and he did...sort of...he got run over on the way to a hit on the QB....

i still wonder about getting him and chandler on the field at the same time....? gray is to good not to see the field more.....hopefully we get back to seeing him out there this week. high hopes for that kid...he moves really well in small spaces.....cuts on a dime.....and can burst out of it....surely they can get him the ball more.....

I still wonder what could have been had Georgia not hit the back of his foot when he split the defenders...

VN Store

Back