'20 Recruiting Forum: Official Kentucky Pregame/Game Thread

UK beat Missippi St 24-2. This sounds good until you realize Missippi ST threw 6 ints. 24 points with the help of 6 turnovers is awful offense, and Pruitt has proven he can shut down 1 dimensional offensives. Unfortunately I think our offense continues to struggle as we try to fix what was exposed against UGA. We will win this game. 20-13 VOLS.
9-2 Vols. Cimaglia has a breakout game.

I was frustrated, aggravated, and agitated with the second half of the Georgia game. Then I recalled how Missouri and Vanderbilt were regularly taking us to the woodshed even worse. We ain’t where we want to be, but we ain’t where we were. We are moving in the right direction. Now let’s have Kentucky be who they always are and accept a comfortable 24-7 win.

you just can't let GA beat us twice.

i think this week it's probably a good thing we play at noon.

i think we come out a bit pissed off and frustrated, and smack UK around a bit....not always pretty, but defense makes a couple of big plays....we come out and get physical offensively....and it think somebody has a break out game offensively.....may not be a ball carrier/skill guy...but somebody asserts themselves on offense, and makes an impact.

TN 33
UK 18
1602543623002.gif

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
Don’t really care about the score. I think we’ll win by a TD or so.

Anyway, we HAVE to see another QB in this game. Someone needs to be ready. The fact no other QB has gotten snaps - even if you think JG has been good - is baffling.

Sounds unlikely judging by Pruitt's comments and the way he kept in JG vs Missouri.

Anyway, we HAVE to see another QB in this game. Someone needs to be ready. The fact no other QB has gotten snaps - even if you think JG has been good - is baffling.
Especially when this year is a gimme.

A little concerned Kentucky will follow UGA’s blueprint and blitz the hell out of JG. They won’t be as successful at it, but they don’t need to be in order to force a turnover or two and swing the game. I’m back in see it to believe it mode with our QB, so I think we see a lot of close, low scoring games from here on out, as JG has only put more than 24pts on the board once in his career vs SEC opponents.

Tennessee 24
Kentucky 17

Kentucky doesn't have 5* secondary like Georgia, so if they load the box against the run, then they risk the long ball.

I noticed Maurer moved up to #2 on the depth chart, so he must be doing better and getting healthier. I believe Strout was the #2.

Hope we don't have a hangover...my "Whatever is the worst thing can happen..will happen to us" BVS has been fully activated now
Don't think we will. We had that same chance vs mizzou after a late emotional week 1 win and came out firing.

This doesn't seem to be a team that will let emotions get in the way week to week. We are veteran in the right spots and will take care of business, though maybe it's a bit ugly.

VN Store

Back