'19 Recruiting Forum: Official Georgia State Pregame/Game Thread

What really was disturbing to me was the defense. We can't stop fricking GA state. What hope do we have a stopping an SEC offense that can run? And BYU has a pretty decent QB by the way.....

I am in shock. I have to agree with LWS. The UT program is done. It is rotten to the core...no fight..no will..no give a damn.

The coaches, who have all been good teachers their whole careers...forgot how to coach football...they all suck.

The players....suck...for whatever reasons..they are just awful...and none of them look like they have any f's to give.

And we, the fans suck...because 15 years of being humiliated and betrayed has made us bitter, miserable and hateful..I will admit it.

I have come to the conclusion that we are just going to be the dregs of the SEC from now on, not even worthy of being called mediocre.

We will be lucky to win four games.

I am in shock. I have to agree with LWS. The UT program is done. It is rotten to the core...no fight..no will..no give a damn.

The coaches, who have all been good teachers their whole careers...forgot how to coach football...they all suck.

The players....suck...for whatever reasons..they are just awful...and none of them look like they have any f's to give.

And we, the fans suck...because 15 years of being humiliated and betrayed has made us bitter, miserable and hateful..I will admit it.

I have come to the conclusion that we are just going to be the dregs of the SEC from now on, not even worthy of being called mediocre.

This sums it up pretty well... really sad...

If any of you can, go watch the Memphis / Ole Miss game from this morning. Memphis' defense had fight/grit/determination. And that was a unit that was even worse than ours last year.

I would love to tell you you're overreacting and they'll turn it around . I can't I agree with this.

What sucks the most is it seems Pruitt used this game as a glorified practice the first half

And the second half....how many drives in a row did we see the same o-line? 2? Maybe 3? Burrell struggled. LBs were lost. We blitzed the whole first half. Second half we tried it again, they did quick outs to TEs and RBs. Our LBs were out of position the entire 3rd q. So poorly prepared. Just so disappointing.

And the second half....how many drives in a row did we see the same o-line? 2? Maybe 3? Burrell struggled. LBs were lost. We blitzed the whole first half. Second half we tried it again, they did quick outs to TEs and RBs. Our LBs were out of position the entire 3rd q. So poorly prepared. Just so disappointing.
LBs are the main reason gast ran up the score. Kept making the wrong choice in the read option (they always have RB) and just could not for the life of them fill a hole in the line

Reactions: franklinpence
This sums it up pretty well... really sad...

If any of you can, go watch the Memphis / Ole Miss game from this morning. Memphis' defense had fight/grit/determination. And that was a unit that was even worse than ours last year.

Ole Miss was terrible. Memphis defense is probably better, but...Memphis has a problem at QB. I’m not sure they will be as good as some National guys thought.

Remember how your dumbass thought LB was a bigger concern than OL and DL heading into this season?

Something something rocks and glass houses.

You literally had Jeremy banks playing LB in a close game...... he has no idea how to play that position. How is that not a bigger concern? Lol

You literally had Jeremy banks playing LB in a close game...... he has no idea how to play that position. How is that not a bigger concern? Lol

The best hope (unlikely that it is) is that they thought they could roll out the ball and win, so they played a lot of people to get experience for SEC play.

The most likely explanation is that our coaching staff is grossly incompetent and there is serious effort issues with both coaching and players for whatever reason

Also nothing pisses me off more than some milquetoast post game press conference where you act like you lost to some equally matched opponent and they just had better execution, etc.

This is ****ing Georgia State. First sentence should be how this is top to bottom inexcusable and Tennessee should never lose to a team like Ga State

The best hope (unlikely that it is) is that they thought they could roll out the ball and win, so they played a lot of people to get experience for SEC play.

The most likely explanation is that our coaching staff is grossly incompetent and there is serious effort issues with both coaching and players for whatever reason

Yea effort is key. I got flamed for blaming the last two games effort on Pruitt last year but it looked like the same team.

It also looks bad that we have signs on our practice field talking about how hot it is in Gainesville then we go out and get drug by Ga state.

Reactions: JacketVol
Yea effort is key. I got flamed for blaming the last two games effort on Pruitt last year but it looked like the same team.

It also looks bad that we have signs on our practice field talking about how hot it is in Gainesville then we go out and get drug by Ga state.
There was a conference by Pruitt recently where admitted they were going to start watching tape for both Ga St and BYU and maybe even Florida as well. It was slightly bizarre.

The extra gaps comment makes me angry too. They basically read a zone read over and over with options mixed in. That’s pretty basic football. The defense being unable to line up is inexcusable. There is no explanation for that. I do not understand why the media does not ask these very basic questions

There was a conference by Pruitt recently where admitted they were going to start watching tape for both Ga St and BYU and maybe even Florida as well. It was slightly bizarre.

The extra gaps comment makes me angry too. They basically read a zone read over and over with options mixed in. That’s pretty basic football. The defense being unable to line up is inexcusable. There is no explanation for that. I do not understand why the media does not ask these very basic questions

Agree. We should’ve been able to just sit in the base defense and just stop that play all day. We really missed bituli in that aspect.

Reactions: jakez4ut

They can’t line up because they are rotating to get cross trained and no one is mastering a position. Layer on top of that, units not consistently playing together in practice the two weeks leading up to game day. It’s a recipe for on field chaos.

Reactions: JacketVol

VN Store

Back