'21 Recruiting Forum: Official Bowling Green Pregame/Game Thread

Tee Martin has some crappy games too, we had a stable of backs and an awesome DL. Looks familiar. Relatively nowhere near the same caliber… but some good ingredients. I thought our passing game left a lot out there but looking back it seems like we only threw to Tillman or Hyatt. Payton and Fant are sleeping giants for the offense IMO. Got to get them the ball.

Reactions: nesbuddha66
We did not have excessive penalties. We had no pre-snap ones that I recall, and the two holds on Carvin were iffy.

Their game plan was to throw it quick to avoid pressure. DL played pretty well.
Let me rephrase. We had penalties which killed 2 or three drives and some penalties and dropped balls stopped our momentum early in the 2nd Qtr. That is not on Milton.

Tee Martin has some crappy games too, we had a stable of backs and an awesome DL. Looks familiar. Relatively nowhere near the same caliber… but some good ingredients. I thought our passing game left a lot out there but looking back it seems like we only threw to Tillman or Hyatt. Payton and Fant are sleeping giants for the offense IMO. Got to get them the ball.
Hyatt might see a lot less time if he keeps dropping passes. Payton is just as fast and isn’t afraid of contact.

They each h as d a couple of targets but need more. Jacob Warren was better than I expected, especially in the run game.

Love the adjustments Tim Banks made and Garner’s influence on stopping the run is evident.
Obviously the pass game is what needs the most work. Combo of WR and QB play. On replay it was easy to see guys were open and then not hitting the open deep throw a few times. All correctable. Hyatt has to catch the ball.

Expected for Milton and all our guys. This offensive system is about polar opposite of what everyone on the roster has ever played. It’ll take time to feel comfortable with it
I’ll give you a like because you’re actually making sense. Most of the posters in the RF tonight needs some critiquing on their posts, needs some work and I worry about them going forward in the season and maybe they need a backup poster to take over for them. (And I’m being nice).

We scored 38, shouldve been 52 or so. We had 471 total yards, 326 rushing. . . no need to pull the fire alarm at all. . .
View attachment 391713
If we had this same stat line with last years staff, we’d been doing cart wheels in the street… 471 yards of offense with only two or three completions in the second half.. we’re not going to win big this year obviously, but we’re gonna get better

VN Store

Back