'21 Recruiting Forum: Official Bowling Green Pregame/Game Thread

The o line and running backs success last night could be misleading. Easy to run against a defense selling out for the pass.

Oh I agree completely. Still, I think you gotta give credit where it's due and take away some positives. We took advantage of the looks they gave us on the ground. There's no question, though, that we won't be able to dominate next week or in SEC play like we did in this game. Minus Tennessee Tech, that's the worst front 7 we will play this season in all likelihood.

I would bet Heupel’s biggest beef is Milton stopped taking what the offense gives him in the passing game. And I say it that way intentionally - this offense is built on a one read system because it goes so fast.

It seemed to me Milton got in trouble when he started to freelance and it lead to slow/bad decisions and bad throws.

If they can clean that up this offense will look far more consistent.
First quarter he was nailing those 7 yard sideline passes. You're right he abandoned those for the splash plays later.

Reactions: Catbone
This. Huepel was very agitated talking about it during his presser. Milton will have to fix that or he won’t be playing very long.
Milton will be getting early wakeup calls all week. This is not new news. Heupel sad last night that we had some problem with QB play. Anyone who saw the game and anything about football knows the problem.

Last edited:
He was sitting behind multiple NFL draft picks at WR at USC and last year….well you know, Pruitt

So injuries and not good enough to play and Pruitt (despite Callaway/Jennings/Palmer making enough plays to get drafted).

Keep it up and you’ll have more excuses for his lack of production than he has receptions in his career.

I don’t dislike the player and I’m certainly rooting for him. Just sayin I never got the hype and I don’t expect him to do much this year.

So injuries and not good enough to play and Pruitt (despite Callaway/Jennings/Palmer making enough plays to get drafted).

Keep it up and you’ll have more excuses for his lack of production than he has receptions in his career.

I don’t dislike the player and I’m certainly rooting for him. Just sayin I never got the hype and I don’t expect him to do much this year.
Pruitt is a valid excuse. He Chernobyl’d the damn program. When he actually got playing time and got targeted later in the season he was good.

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
Milton is not the only problem. Excessive penalties against an outmatched opponent. Major problems with execution as a team. A defense that made a mediocre Qb look good at times.

Since Milton is the QB it is vital he gets fixed. If that is possible. He isn't playing any better than he did in MI. BG scored 6 points total of 219 yards. There are always things on both sides of the field that need to be fixed but we were talking about Milton.

Last edited:
Not sure about BG. They had some nice catches. They may end up better than last year.

I've seen Bama look pretty pedestrian against lesser opponents in the first game. We'll get better.
It’s really impossible to project much of anything based on bowling green. We got a sneak peak, but we’ll start figuring out what we have next week.

Reactions: SSVol and NMVol
Complete shot in the dark on the score here, but I’ll say the Vols overcome some sloppy play and pull away in the second half to win comfortably.

Vols-45
Other guys-13

I nailed it on the margin of victory here. What do I win? Is there a Waffle House gift card in this for me?

It’s really impossible to project much of anything based on bowling green. We got a sneak peak, but we’ll start figuring out what we have next week.
It does not help that BG was only rushing 3 and dropping 8 on half of the plays. It seems they would have rather let us run the ball to shorten the game

With it being the first game under a new coach and a completely different offensive system, there will probably be a lot of kinks to work out. Luckily we get to work those out against BG. As long as the game is never in question past the 1st quarter I’ll be satisfied.

48-16
Nailed the spread. Listen to this man haha

VN Store

Back