'21 Recruiting Forum: Official Bowling Green Pregame/Game Thread

About what I expected. I’m not as down as others.

The biggest problem to me is what happens to this offense when one play goes wrong and the whole drive gets out of sequence.

Still don’t think this is a bowl team but the biggest gain is between Week 1 and Week 2 so we’ll see.
We’re lucky Vandy and USC suck.

Lol. Outside of the 2nd quarter BG has under 100 yards and 0 points. Tennessee has over 400 yards and 38 points. Our dline, oline, secondary, RB’s has all played well and limited mistakes. Milton is 2 miss throws and a drop from the score being 52-6 with over 600 yards
A drop? There were Atleast 3 I can think of off the top of my head.. our WRs have to play better

We’re lucky Vandy and USC suck.
For sure.

Pitt will probably be the difference. If we win next week, I think Heupel can keep the team competing. If we lose, we’ll be 3-7 headed into the final two games and all bets are off.

My biggest surprise tonight was how bad the receivers looked.

So we won by 32 lolol (1 pt shy of the original 33 pt spread) despite being -2 in TOs and missing some easy backyard pass and catches.

I'd say that's a dang good day. Tons more to work on. This will be a year of progress.

Defensive adjustments were great. Penalties were very low for the most part. For game 1 going from slow tempo to 90 plays/game...that's just incredible.

To me, ultimately, the fundamentals looked really good. That's big for Game 1. Keep moving forward...

We got a lot to get fixed before the Pitt game or we are dead, Sure hope Milton gets his act together.
Milton is not the only problem. Excessive penalties against an outmatched opponent. Major problems with execution as a team. A defense that made a mediocre Qb look good at times.

A drop? There were Atleast 3 I can think of off the top of my head.. our WRs have to play better
Oh ik there was more than 1, not gonna include every single mistake. Just 3 plays and the boards changes from melting down to calling Milton a heisman dark horse and Huepel the next Kiffin

Reactions: ACvol3

VN Store

Back