'21 Recruiting Forum: Official Bowling Green Pregame/Game Thread

If we didn’t look like complete **** in the 2nd and scored once or twice. I don’t think anyone would be complaining about tonight.

We move way too fast on offense to make mistakes. Can’t gas our oline.

Overall, I had more fun watching the game tonight then I did at any point the previous 3 years.

They need to fix our 2nd string LBs…. There was a big drop off when Banks and Mitchell came out…. Honestly I liked the 3rd team guys better than our 2nd team guys.

So we won by 32 lolol (1 pt shy of the original 33 pt spread) despite being -2 in TOs and missing some easy backyard pass and catches.

I'd say that's a dang good day. Tons more to work on. This will be a year of progress.

Defensive adjustments were great. Penalties were very low for the most part. For game 1 going from slow tempo to 90 plays/game...that's just incredible.

To me, ultimately, the fundamentals looked really good. That's big for Game 1. Keep moving forward...
Here’s the take

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Oh he definitely could have played a much better game. But he’s a miss throw or two and a drop from this board claiming he’s a heisman contender

I think he showed potential but needs to make quicker decisions and be more aggressive running the ball. There was a few times they dropped the spy into coverage and he had room to run and didn’t, a few times he missed a guy in the flats and over the middle but missed them cuz he was looking for the deep bomb

Can Huepel fix it? We shall see

He showed he can work through his progressions, has a helluva an arm and can be a damn good runner when he wants to
He just..."misses"...too many plays to run this offense cleanly. He is not a gamer...he just isn't. I hope he can get better, but he looked no better tonight than he did with a broken hand.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
If we didn’t look like complete **** in the 2nd and scored once or twice. I don’t think anyone would be complaining about tonight.

We move way too fast on offense to make mistakes. Can’t gas our oline.

Yeah. 2nd qtr was dog **** but besides that we played well enough. If we had score even once in the 2nd qtr we would feel much better.

Solid QB play would have put up 50+ points against BG. Unfortunately, one game into the 2021 season and QB play is still holding back the offense. I understand it's very early in the season with a new coaching staff, but Milton is an upperclassman and wasn't very effective throwing the ball. I really didn't see anything else too concerning yet. This team could be pretty solid if they can get good QB play...frustrating not to see it today.

It’s a win!

giphy.gif

Sorry…but I figured #2 should have a chance to celebrate sometime.

Self Reported. 🤣

Milton is not the only problem. Excessive penalties against an outmatched opponent. Major problems with execution as a team. A defense that made a mediocre Qb look good at times.

We did not have excessive penalties. We had no pre-snap ones that I recall, and the two holds on Carvin were iffy.

Their game plan was to throw it quick to avoid pressure. DL played pretty well.

Also a shoutout to our "middle 8" game. That's where Pruitt failed...right before and right after the half. Especially vs Ga St. Went from shaky to disaster real quick. But CJH just buckled up and got us going. Also love the hail marys at end of half...why the heck not?!? Freebie! Banks made great adjustments and TOTALLY shut them down in the 2nd half.

We left nothing to question. Success in Game 1!

Milton seems to have all the physical tools but not much feel for the game. He seemed hesitant, indecisive, and conspicuous when going through reads.

Expected for Milton and all our guys. This offensive system is about polar opposite of what everyone on the roster has ever played. It’ll take time to feel comfortable with it

Milton's play fell well below my expectation, but aside from that, everything went pretty much according to script tonight. Plenty of things that we need to improve upon, particularly in the passing game, but tonight wasn't as bad as what some believe imo.

Reactions: ugg and Enki_Amenra
I also liked that even on the last drive we were executing the offense. No slowing it down to just run out the clock. Always trying to score.

IJLVLpZQuS4z6.gif

Solid QB play would have put up 50+ points against BG. Unfortunately, one game into the 2021 season and QB play is still holding back the offense. I understand it's very early in the season with a new coaching staff, but Milton is an upperclassman and wasn't very effective throwing the ball. I really didn't see anything else too concerning yet. This team could be pretty solid if they can get good QB play...frustrating not to see it today.

WRs have to help him.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Solid team play. Two or three drives were stopped by players other than #7.

He will transfer and play at a school next year that likes pocket passers. He obviously is not what Heupel wants in his offense. His UT career really never got started. Too bad , because he was all Tennessee for many years from what I read on VN.
I don't know why they won't give him a chance.

VN Store

Back