Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

I’m no saint nor do I ever come bible thumping in here then proceed to degrade people in the next post. Sorry for calling it out :)

Every time you use the phrase "Bible thumping" you are being offensive. While that may just be what you are, it doesn't add to your credibility as one to call out another.

Every time you use the phrase "Bible thumping" you are being offensive. While that may just be what you are, it doesn't add to your credibility as one to call out another.
In what sense? Because calling a spade a spade is offensive? Genuinely curious. I haven’t taken one shot at a Christian besides McGill for their beliefs. And that’s because of how he acts, not his religion whatsoever

In what sense? Because calling a spade a spade is offensive? Genuinely curious. I haven’t taken one shot at a Christian besides McGill for their beliefs. And that’s because of how he acts, not his religion whatsoever

The term "Bible thumper" is demeaning. Either you see it or you don't.

McGill was in a prison ministry, if I recall. Pretty sure he spent some time there too, or certainly narrowly missed the chance. He wasn't the Pope. Fine, he probably isn't paying as much heed to "avoid course language" as you might hope, but I trust his values and I know his heart, and I'd rather have a man by my side that I've seen fail, than pretenders who act like they haven't. Why don't you let it go.

McGill was in a prison ministry, if I recall. Pretty sure he spent some time there too, or certainly narrowly missed the chance. He wasn't the Pope. Fine, he probably isn't paying as much heed to "avoid course language" as you might hope, but I trust his values and I know his heart, and I'd rather have a man by my side that I've seen fail, than pretenders who act like they haven't. Why don't you let it go.
I appreciate it...somehow I have really managed to cause a few guys to have apoplectic fits everytime they see me post. I don't know why they don't ignore me like I have ignored them. It is ridiculous that they will continue to bash their head on a silent wall that doesn't giva💩 what they think. I don't answer to them, I don't care what they think...my only guess is that they are committed to the cause of causing the board to turn on me...good luck with that.

I have a lot of folks on VN that I consider friends that understand and accept me, and I do respect their opinion though I often disagree...such as yourself.

I appreciate it...somehow I have really managed to cause a few guys to have apoplectic fits everytime they see me post. I don't know why they don't ignore me like I have ignored them. It is ridiculous that they will continue to bash their head on a silent wall that doesn't giva💩 what they think. I don't answer to them, I don't care what they think...my only guess is that they are committed to the cause of causing the board to turn on me...good luck with that.

I have a lot of folks on VN that I consider friends that understand and accept me, and I do respect their opinion though I often disagree...such as yourself.
You ain’t got anything to apologize for!

It’s clearly not about cuss words lol you ever seen my posts here? My entire point of calling him out was the degrading of people constantly yet claiming to be this great Christian now days (not his past). I don’t think you are wrong with your critique of me, but I also don’t think I’m wrong with mine of him. A wise man once said, “if you get offended by someone calling you out on the truth, you might have an ego problem” so to each their own but if ya gonna talk it, then walk it

You ain’t got anything to apologize for!
Well...sometimes I have..if I ever cross the line when arguing and I make it personal, I will usually apologize. I really try not to do that, but I do have a temper...🤷‍♂️ so sometimes I have had to apologize.

I am not apologizing to any of these jerks that hate and berate me personally for no good reason that I can see..they can kiss my fat old crusty redneck ass.

Well...sometimes I have..if I ever cross the line when arguing and I make it personal, I will usually apologize. I really try not to do that, but I do have a temper...🤷‍♂️ so sometimes I have had to apologize.

I am not apologizing to any of these jerks that hate and berate me personally for no good reason that I can see..they can kiss my fat old crusty redneck ass.
I don’t hate you at all lol. I went at you like I would do a personal friend. I’m a self aware smart ass but I don’t do any ass kissing😂

Reactions: #1GatorHater

We “old” guys gotta stick together. Nothing wrong with apologizing when warranted. I do the same. Some onVN just like to stir the pot because they have nothing else to do and can hide behind a screen. Im probably the easiest person to find on here, minus a couple. I don’t hide. ;)

I know a lot on the board live in Memphis. What is going on specifically there?
A rapper that is a regional/national star, that has also had a presence in the community in Memphis, was gunned down picking up food from his favorite local cookie shop for his mother. Two cars full of shooters pulled up and shot 50+ times, which is clearly a hit.

Police will find cooperation next to impossible to come by. Long standing rivalries in the area. People are angry and frustrated, looking to retaliate.

Powder keg situation.

Last edited:

Not safe in Memphis. Sad situation, scary times.

Sad day for Memphians, he got killed right outside the neighborhood I grew up in. Donated a lot to families here, including 200+ turkeys every thanksgiving. Probably wasn't smart to drive his camo Lambo through Orange Mound/south memphis but didn't deserve to die. True Memphis legend, RIP.

Edit: killed 5 min down the road from the Liberty Bowl

Last edited:
Sad day for Memphians, he got killed right outside the neighborhood I grew up in. Donated a lot to families here, including 200+ turkeys every thanksgiving. Probably wasn't smart to drive his camo Lambo through Orange Mound/south memphis but didn't deserve to die. True Memphis legend, RIP.
It’s surreal it happened. We’ve been bumping Dolph for like 5 years in middle TN and just have saw him grow in popularity year over year. Literal King of Memphis in the rap game imo and there’s been quite a few good ones

Memphis is so full of hate, you absolutely have to leave once you obtain a certain amount of success. I hate it's like this but it is what it is. I lived in Nashville for 3 years from 15-18 and it was so much better from a life stand point. Only reason I came back is because my 10 year old son. His Mom graduated Belmont Grad school and for some dumb reason went back. I waited a full year but eventually decided it was selfish of me to make him grow up there without me.
Oh yeah I know. Two of my best pals grew up in Memphis and went to MTSU, which they’ve stayed in Murfreesboro because they want nothing to do with that madhouse over there. It’s crazy

Reactions: BigSteve09
So I am not familiar with this "Young Dolph", but I read he was 36. At what point is a rapper supposed to drop the adjective from his name? I mean, he wasn't old, but he wasn't young anymore either. Also, parents still name their children "Adolph"? Seems strange.

Anyway, prayers for his family. Never understood why rappers feel the need to kill each other. Does this mean Young Dolph's people will now target the rival guy they think is responsible? Not familiar with this "Yo Gotti" either, but is that who they assume is behind the shooting? Saw where he was suspected of a previous shooting of Young Dolph.

Sad. Just read something that said he was there picking up cookies for his mom. This world really does suck sometimes.

So I am not familiar with this "Young Dolph", but I read he was 36. At what point is a rapper supposed to drop the adjective from his name? I mean, he wasn't old, but he wasn't young anymore either. Also, parents still name their children "Adolph"? Seems strange.

Anyway, prayers for his family. Never understood why rappers feel the need to kill each other. Does this mean Young Dolph's people will now target the rival guy they think is responsible? Not familiar with this "Yo Gotti" either, but is that who they assume is behind the shooting? Saw where he was suspected of a previous shooting of Young Dolph.

Sad. Just read something that said he was there picking up cookies for his mom. This world really does suck sometimes.
Young Dolph is practically known as Dolph by all his supporters/listeners.
Dolph and Gotti have had beef for YEARS and one of Gotti’s guys that’s signed to his label, named Blacc Youngsta, was the one that he and his crew put 100 bullet holes in Dolph’s suv back in the day. Dolph was also shot in Cali by Gotti’s crew. So yes, that crew is suspected again but Soulja Boy and Dolph have also had beef recently that was out of control. Now, I’d bet Dolph’s boys will certainly retaliate (speculation they have already shot up Blacc Youngsta’s grandma house after Dolph died). There will be a war in Memphis for the foreseeable future I would imagine

Young Dolph is practically known as Dolph by all his supporters/listeners.
Dolph and Gotti have had beef for YEARS and one of Gotti’s guys that’s signed to his label, named Blacc Youngsta, was the one that he and his crew put 100 bullet holes in Dolph’s suv back in the day. Dolph was also shot in Cali by Gotti’s crew. So yes, that crew is suspected again but Soulja Boy and Dolph have also had beef recently that was out of control. Now, I’d bet Dolph’s boys will certainly retaliate (speculation they have already shot up Blacc Youngsta’s grandma house after Dolph died). There will be a war in Memphis for the foreseeable future I would imagine
Why bring this other guy's grandma into it? That should be out of bounds. If they want to shoot each other up, that's on them, but leave the families out of it IMO.

Yea Yo Gotti and Dolph are pretty much the two big dogs in the rap game from Memphis. All the up and comers either sign with on or the other from here. It's a natural rivalry that spilled over to bloodshed over the years. One is from North Memphis, the other is from South Memphis so it's a natural hate there. Dolph is on record saying he slept with Yo Gotti's baby mom's so as one would imagine that won't end well.

Reactions: #1GatorHater
Why bring this other guy's grandma into it? That should be out of bounds. If they want to shoot each other up, that's on them, but leave the families out of it IMO.
It’s all intertwined in the culture they live brother. They operate in the a few of the same ways cartels do, just less organized

VN Store

Back