Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

They were already carrying. They aren’t going to wait on a law to carry their pistols.

All that law did was give law abiding citizens the freedom to carry.
If you haven't been down here the past few months you have no idea how bad it is now. Every gas station you have young kids with visible guns on their hips. But carry on

If you haven't been down here the past few months you have no idea how bad it is now. Every gas station you have young kids with visible guns on their hips. But carry on
There’s nothing wrong with that as long as your of age (21+) and don’t have a felony on your record. It’s just as illegal as ever if you are a kid

Last edited:
unless you're active duty military, it is against the law for anyone under 21 to possess a handgun in Tennessee unless under direct supervision of someone who is 21 or older while hunting or at a range. A big part of the problem is the underage people with handguns. Sadly, there are far too many people who are willing to be a straw purchaser for these kids. I spend a fair amount of time in gun shops and I've seen it multiple times. A middle-aged woman who doesn't know jack about guns comes in and shows her phone to a guy at the counter, saying I want one of these. The guy at the counter asks the right questions. The woman gives the right answers. The purchase cannot be denied without creating claims of discrimination. The woman goes home and leaves the gun under a seat in her unlocked car. The next morning, the gun is gone and gets reported as stolen. The woman probably thinks she's doing the right thing because whoever she bought it for "needs protection" from someone else whose mama bought him a gun.

I've lived in Memphis for about 8 years now and i'm happy to continue living here. Yes there are some very bad areas to avoid but for the most part but i love the city and the people who live here. Also, not a chance i'd go live in Nashville where 60% of the people are from out of state, the traffic is ridiculous, and everything is extremely overpriced. Nashville is honestly the last place i'd choose to live in in Tennessee.

Yeah they use to keep them hid in there pants pockets or waist. I have never been to Memphis but I have seen many of Their finest. Worked in STG for several year, killing has been happening in Memphis a long time and will continue to get worse. Street have taken over the youth.

You cannot law your way to treating other humans with love, respect and dignity. In particular, but not exclusively, Christians know this.

The government, its enforcers, laws, schools, employers, etc. will never be adequate substitutes for parents being involved parents, communities providing safety and opportunity, and nations honoring their citizens with respect and dignity.

Yeah they use to keep them hid in there pants pockets or waist. I have never been to Memphis but I have seen many of Their finest. Worked in STG for several year, killing has been happening in Memphis a long time and will continue to get worse. Street have taken over the youth.
I wish that they would take the motto black lives matter to heart and quit slaughtering each other. I will never understand their murderous hatred for each other over petty stupid stuff.

I've lived in Memphis for about 8 years now and i'm happy to continue living here. Yes there are some very bad areas to avoid but for the most part but i love the city and the people who live here. Also, not a chance i'd go live in Nashville where 60% of the people are from out of state, the traffic is ridiculous, and everything is extremely overpriced. Nashville is honestly the last place i'd choose to live in in Tennessee.
Great. You can stay in Memphis and I’ll stay in Nashville. Nashville is great😂

I like both but I lived in Memphis most recently a few years ago. Never felt unsafe. Everyone knows the areas to avoid or where you might need to know your surroundings more.

My dad lives in the Nashville area and all he talks about is the crime increasing. And he was born and raised in Nashville.

Basically, every city has crime. And it’ll be mostly concentrated in the more economically challenged areas of the city.

Reactions: Cactus Jack
Just like with Dolph and whoever shot at him in Charlotte. 100 rounds missed their target, could have gone into homes, other businesses, other cars. And these are usually armor piercing that go through/into everything.

Even today, 50 shots by several different shooters. Broad daylight. In a business in a neighborhood, on a busy road.

The youth today in low income are misled and damn near brainwashed to not value LIFE. Not theirs, not someone they dislike, not the others in their proximity or community. What's the point of next year? Month? Week? These are deep-rooted and complex issues that have no easy answers and few experts that can speak intelligently about it. It's a shame that this is happening in America.

But I'd like to talk about airplane tracking, fixing the SEC schedule, Enki's bets, and how bad Vanderbilt basketball is.
There was a program called Camp Apollo at Land Between the Lakes. The premise was that inner city youth believe their life doesn’t matter. The kids were referred to the program by ministers, judges, etc when they first got into trouble. They were taken out of that environment and sent to Camp Apollo for a year or so and learned about the interconnection of life using the natural, outdoors there - there was a lot more to it but I’m already tldr. 🙂 The program measured success based on % of kids that went back to their home environment, stayed out of trouble, and graduated from high school. I think the % was in the 90s at that time. I don’t know if the program still exists.

1637261320401.gif

100%. Left Nashville in 2011 after growing up there and moved to Knoxville. Will never live there again. Memphis is underrated and gets a bad rap.

Parts of Memphis are ok........I'd still like to sell it to Mississippi.

It seems like I have this discussion every time it comes up. I was raised in Shelby County (not Memphis proper) and chose to raise my family here. There is a zip code in Shelby County that is one of the wealthiest in the state, along with two school districts that are the best in the state. Just like every city- there are good and bad parts.

ed02c745733718f38cfc5836e2163903.jpg

VN Store

Back