Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
MY wife was deemed an "Essential Employee" back when all this started. Wasn't allowed a day off for the last two months. We are trying to plan a week at the beach vacation. We've waited to book something to see how things looked with this COVID-19 restrictions and stuff. Waited to the point finding a home where we wanted to go was becoming difficult. Having to schedule around my son's schedule (UT student taking summer classes), his girlfriend's schedule (Student at another college and she's a student athlete so she has to go back earlier), and all the working adults schedule's. We finally found one home that meets our criteria. Come to find out, my wife's employer would make her quarantine for two weeks upon return from vacation, out of state. And, the quarantine would come out of her vacation. So for a one week vacation she has to use three weeks. I told her to tell them it was none of their business what she did on her time. If they wanted her to quarantine then they should fit the bill. It's total bull ****.
Same for me and my wife. We're thinking of going to Isle of Palms, SC in June.

I see this type of post often, why do u watch those channels? Don't u get Fox? If a particular channel causes u distress why not just avoid?
they've got to stay angry....if they don't have anger, what else do they have? They have a republican president, senate, and supreme court. Yet they are angry. 75% of the US population identifies as Christian, yet they build the narrative that they are a persecuted group. They scream for states rights, but when states make decisions that they don't like, they protest in the streets with guns. It appears to be mental illness to me....always playing the victim.

Reactions: barrylee
They will get what they deserve...screw em.
What I mean by this ^^ is that if those stupid whack job liberal commie states want to self impose the death penalty on their sports programs..then they deserve what they get...screw em all.

Sick of the wackos steering the ship. 🤬

they've got to stay angry....if they don't have anger, what else do they have? They have a republican president, senate, and supreme court. Yet they are angry. 75% of the US population identifies as Christian, yet they build the narrative that they are a persecuted group. They scream for states rights, but when states make decisions that they don't like, they protest in the streets with guns. It appears to be mental illness to me....always playing the victim.
You make me want to puke 🤮

I comprehended you just fine...just another virtue signaling jerk.

If you believe that it is virtue signalling to call out those who justify their position by saying "it's only old people", then I don't know what to say. I'm not making a case to not open; I'm in favor of opening. I'm saying that you should never use the words "it's only old people" in your justification for doing so.

Yeah I guess they are firing right now, they are doing a lot of covid research using the reactors. Sucks, but still they don't need to know where she goes on vacation.
Yea, I'd tell them it was none of your business. I'll be more than happy to stay home but it's on your dime, I'm not using vacation. It's stupid anyway. What does some arbitrary line have to do with anything? Like I said, we could go to Nashville, the epicenter for Tennessee with a huge percentage of the cases in Tennessee and be fine but heaven forbid we go to a beach in Florida. Morons being morons, trying to flex and justify their salary.

What I mean by this ^^ is that if those stupid whack job liberal commie states want to self impose the death penalty on their sports programs..then they deserve what they get...screw em all.

giphy.gif

Yes, we know. You hate everything. It’s 90% of what you post about.

If you believe that it is virtue signalling to call out those who justify their position by saying "it's only old people", then I don't know what to say. I'm not making a case to not open; I'm in favor of opening. I'm saying that you should never use the words "it's only old people" in your justification for doing so.
I agree, but almost nobody really feels that way, so it seems like you are pointing that gun on the whole of us that believe we need to let er rip....which is total bullcrap.

Pun not intended.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
I am fried jake...not even gonna deny it, I may really end up in the pokie if one more virtue signaling fool gets in my grille.

I need to get away and chill, but thanks to the shi*heads in charge of all the great places to visit..I can't yet.

💣💣💣💣💣💣💥🤯🤯🥴

where can't you go? Aren't the national parks open again?

I agree, but almost nobody really feels that way, so it seems like you are pointing that gun on the whole of us that believe we need to let er rip....which is total bullcrap.

Pun not intended.

Opening is likely the lesser of evils, but anyone who specifies a demographic as part of the justification, is wandering over into dangerous territory. Replace "old people" with another demographic that is disproportionately affected, like "black people". How does that sound now?

Sometimes there is just no good decisions to be made and you try to take the lesser bad of the two. When you balance a 30's type depression and all the chaos and fabric of life being tore apart against the deaths of COVID-19 , there is just no correct answer. We are yet to know the full death ratio of this virus. Getting accurate information seems to be impossible. I for one am for opening things back up, and yes I am 72 years old. I will figure out how to protect myself as much as possible. If you go into a 30's or worse type depression , I fear for the welfare of this nation with all the issues we currently face.

They scream for states rights, but when states make decisions that they don't like, they protest in the streets with guns. ....always playing the victim.

You mean like being told by their state they can't go out and provide for their families? How dare they protest that.

Sometimes there is just no good decisions to be made and you try to take the lesser bad of the two. When you balance a 30's type depression and all the chaos and fabric of life being tore apart against the deaths of COVID-19 , there is just no correct answer. We are yet to know the full death ratio of this virus. Getting accurate information seems to be impossible. I for one am for opening things back up, and yes I am 72 years old. I will figure out how to protect myself as much as possible. If you go into a 30's or worse type depression , I fear for the welfare of this nation with all the issues we currently face.
I will be 68 in July and completely agree. Upto the individual to protect themselves. When the Lord decides to take you, it is time regardless of the circumstances.

I will be 68 in July and completely agree. Upto the individual to protect themselves. When the Lord decides to take you, it is time regardless of the circumstances.
I decided a long time ago , that I was only going to die once. I have seen people live in fear of the shadows their whole life. That is just not the way I roll.

MY wife was deemed an "Essential Employee" back when all this started. Wasn't allowed a day off for the last two months. We are trying to plan a week at the beach vacation. We've waited to book something to see how things looked with this COVID-19 restrictions and stuff. Waited to the point finding a home where we wanted to go was becoming difficult. Having to schedule around my son's schedule (UT student taking summer classes), his girlfriend's schedule (Student at another college and she's a student athlete so she has to go back earlier), and all the working adults schedule's. We finally found one home that meets our criteria. Come to find out, my wife's employer would make her quarantine for two weeks upon return from vacation, out of state. And, the quarantine would come out of her vacation. So for a one week vacation she has to use three weeks. I told her to tell them it was none of their business what she did on her time. If they wanted her to quarantine then they should fit the bill. It's total bull ****.

Headed to HHI for two weeks in early-mid June with the kids and grandkids. I am concerned I will have to self quarantine because I ate too much seafood and in particular, Crab Cakes Benedict and Shrimp 'n' Grits indoor at restaurants where we will most likely not be socially distant. Add in that I may sit on the sand on the beach instead of just walking. Things are not looking good for my future if Fauci is correct. lol.

My son-in-law (who is going) is in law enforcement and they have no silliness like what your wife is experiencing. His boss said to have fun and come back rested and ready to go.

You mean like being told by their state they can't go out and provide for their families? How dare they protest that.
But it's up to the states. States right is states rights. Elections have consequences. You get what you vote for. If there were say, a centralized government with competent leadership in charge, we may not be dealing with a smorgasbord of different rules from state to state. We all move in the same direction at the same time is better than everyone doing theoe own thing. At the end of the day we are all neighbors and what affects one affects us all sooner or later. No one is immune from this.

But it's up to the states. States right is states rights. Elections have consequences. You get what you vote for. If there were say, a centralized government with competent leadership in charge, we may not be dealing with a smorgasbord of different rules from state to state. We all move in the same direction at the same time is better than everyone doing theoe own thing. At the end of the day we are all neighbors and what affects one affects us all sooner or later. No one is immune from this.
72AC27F3-D2FE-411B-8E29-FE002F1FC64B.gif

There is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all for a country like the US. Some European countries have more in common with each other than some states within the US do.

Literally no one has said that but continue

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back