Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa McGill, you're getting way over the top when you start calling people traitors because of their party affiliation and because they have policies different than yours. Tammy Duckworth lost her legs flying a helicopter in combat, is she a traitor? No responsible politician of either party is purposely trying to destroy the economy. Besides, the stimulus plans so far have passed a Republican controlled Senate and a Republican President. So it's not a case of one party doing what it wants.

Responsible being the key term here. There are definitely a few irresponsible politicians wanting to see the economy wrecked if it means destroying capitalism. And that is their own words.

Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s chief of staff Saikat Chakrabarti admitted recently that the true motivation behind introducing the Green New Deal is to overhaul the “entire economy.”

Chakrabarti said that addressing climate change was not Ocasio-Cortez’s top priority in proposing the Green New Deal during a meeting with Washington governor Jay Inslee.

“The interesting thing about the Green New Deal, is it wasn’t originally a climate thing at all,” Chakrabarti said to Inslee’s climate director, Sam Ricketts, according to a Washington Post reporter who attended the meeting for a profile published Wednesday.

“Do you guys think of it as a climate thing?” Because we really think of it as a how-do-you-change-the-entire-economy thing,” he added.

The Green New Deal, proposed earlier this year by Ocasio-Cortez and Senator Ed Markey (D., Mass.), would transition the U.S. economy entirely away from fossil fuels within ten years while simultaneously providing a federal jobs and healthcare guarantee. It would also, according to its proponents, advance “social, economic, racial, regional and gender-based justice and equality and cooperative and public ownership.

All told, the proposal will cost up to $93 trillion in new government spending over ten years, according to a recent report by the conservative American Action Forum.

Green New Deal is not really about climate change

And let's not forget Pelosi tried to sneak some elements of the GND into the first relief package. I haven't seen any signs of a responsible politician among the current Democrat leadership. If that had been the case we would have seen the House focused on getting things done for the country rather than pushing an impeachment witchhunt, especially after their big spiel when trying to take back the House during the 2018 midterms was 'bipartisanship'.

fear mongoring. was watching the today show earlier, and they had some lady on answering viewer questions about what to do or how to handle situations now that things are opening back up...and it was mundane stuff like kids playing or going to a restaurant/mall etc...

and she closed the thing out by saying "and remember, any time you leave your home, you are going to be at risk" and it was the tone she said it in that made it stand out.

i was like REALLY? but the media is not fear mongoring....just reporting "the news"...lol.

just don't leave your house.....cause if you do.....it's basically over.

I’m not sure how someone truly knows all of this unless you know the specific circumstances of someone’s death. There are also reports of people dying at home who were never tested because tests were at a premium.

However, in my line of work, your very case about hemophilia is called the egg shell doctrine. The car accident is very relevant, and if a person is at fault for the accident, then he is liable for the wrongful death. You take a victim as he lies. Generally, people who have underlying conditions can recover just as much in damages as those who do not as long as you prove that the accident caused the death. But for the accident, the person is still alive, and it is exactly the same with Covid-19.

As I said earlier, roughly half of American adults either have high blood pressure or are obese. I can’t say scientifically, but I would venture to guess that most Americans over 40 have either had a major surgery, take medication for something, or have an underlying medical condition. We are all human. As I have stated, I am a healthy 40 year old with never having stayed a night in a hospital in my life. I have run/walked 150 Miles in the last 6 weeks. Yet I have high blood pressure, and it’s most likely genetic. I have no doubt that someone would report it as an underlying medical condition.

Sure, it has hit nursing homes. But there is story after story of 40, 50, 60 years old who died and were not on their death bed this year.

I hate that it’s turned political. I am all for opening. But I work in an industry that is very susceptible right now. It’s all about population centers. Rural areas are fine. It’s all about trying to control the highly populated areas.

Missed the mark, counselor. It's OK, most do. I agree on the hating that it is political. However, as in your profession we all live with the facts on the ground. Our nation is at war on multiple fronts. Fact.

I could care less who is at fault and neither does the doc. He/she cares about what the COD is and records accordingly. In many blue states he/she has been given an order from the state and/or hospital to record the COD as COVID-19, period. That's documented and in evidence. The only question that needs resolved is whether the hemophilia (previous example), which actually caused the death, and the COVID-19 should be listed together on the death certificate. If they are listed together the statistics need to reflect it - not be coded strictly as a COVID-19 death. Which is what is happening in many blue states.

As previously stated, if no test for COVID-19 is made, how can the doc legitimately list a COD of COVID-19? He/she can't. It's as invalid as Fauci's "anecdotal" statement about lack of a trial in therapeutics. How can medical researchers, scientists and statisticians who analyze the data and model make life affecting accurate decisions and assumptions with faulty data? One modeler says 2.2 million deaths, then adjusts downward and downward after the panic sets in while the more sinister calculate the best ways to game the system for cash and power. Look what is happening in LA County today. Shutting down for 3 more months when a population of 10 million people has experienced only 1500-1600 deaths that are coded like stated in the paragraph above. That's not science - that's politics and abuse of power for personal and corporate gain.

All of that is a huge flaw in government and the law. Which is my point, not whether COVID is real and who it affects. Fauci claims there is only anecdotal evidence of hydrochloroquine working on COVID-19, discounting docs on the ground using it, while out of the other side of his mouth in 2005 states how excited he was that chloroquine was working great on SARS/COVID at that time. The source of the data from his 2005 statement was as he served as Director of the NIH. Turns out the host cell receptor is the same from then as well as now. Why the change in attitude about the inexpensive, proven med today? We know why.

Fauci knew about HCQ in 2005 -- nobody needed to die

I am not questioning COVID-19 as a serious disease. I am questioning the recording of same as the primary or only COD. From the data that is then recorded all of our lives are affected now and forever more.

Your blood pressure issue I am sorry to hear about. My wife struggles with it as do many in my family and friends. It doesn't kill you. It contributes to what will kill you if treatment for it is not successful. So if you were to die (please don't) from a heart attack induced by high blood pressure or a reaction to your BP meds while having COVID-19 antibodies in your system, should the COD be listed as COVID-19? We know the answer to that. A contributor, possibly. The primary COD? Nope. Yet, it would be coded COVID-19 in states where the statistical abuse is occurring.

And with that I retreat to my currently boring, no sports life.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
fear mongoring. was watching the today show earlier, and they had some lady on answering viewer questions about what to do or how to handle situations now that things are opening back up...and it was mundane stuff like kids playing or going to a restaurant/mall etc...

and she closed the thing out by saying "and remember, any time you leave your home, you are going to be at risk" and it was the tone she said it in that made it stand out.

i was like REALLY? but the media is not fear mongoring....just reporting "the news"...lol.

just don't leave your house.....cause if you do.....it's basically over.
It’s pathetic

I'm and old person (68) and I am wholeheartedly in favor of opening the country back up. I'll take my chances.

We are close to the same age, I'm 66. 100% agree. Live free of die. You cannot hide from stuff that will kill you. Our bodies were designed with immunity systems built within that depend upon on us being in the world around us. If we take care of them well with common sense, we will get the most out of them before it is our time to hit the dirt.

MY wife was deemed an "Essential Employee" back when all this started. Wasn't allowed a day off for the last two months. We are trying to plan a week at the beach vacation. We've waited to book something to see how things looked with this COVID-19 restrictions and stuff. Waited to the point finding a home where we wanted to go was becoming difficult. Having to schedule around my son's schedule (UT student taking summer classes), his girlfriend's schedule (Student at another college and she's a student athlete so she has to go back earlier), and all the working adults schedule's. We finally found one home that meets our criteria. Come to find out, my wife's employer would make her quarantine for two weeks upon return from vacation, out of state. And, the quarantine would come out of her vacation. So for a one week vacation she has to use three weeks. I told her to tell them it was none of their business what she did on her time. If they wanted her to quarantine then they should fit the bill. It's total bull ****.

I'm and old person (68) and I am wholeheartedly in favor of opening the country back up. I'll take my chances.

Again...I'm not offering a position on whether we should or should not open the country (FTR, I'm generally in favor). I'm saying it's appalling that professing Christians are using "it's only killing old people" as a justification for why it isn't an issue. Fine line between that and euthanasia or between that and killing the unborn, both which are viewed negatively by Christians.

Open or don't, but don't use "it's only old people that are dying" as a justification.

MY wife was deemed an "Essential Employee" back when all this started. Wasn't allowed a day off for the last two months. We are trying to plan a week at the beach vacation. We've waited to book something to see how things looked with this COVID-19 restrictions and stuff. Waited to the point finding a home where we wanted to go was becoming difficult. Having to schedule around my son's schedule (UT student taking summer classes), his girlfriend's schedule (Student at another college and she's a student athlete so she has to go back earlier), and all the working adults schedule's. We finally found one home that meets our criteria. Come to find out, my wife's employer would make her quarantine for two weeks upon return from vacation, out of state. And, the quarantine would come out of her vacation. So for a one week vacation she has to use three weeks. I told her to tell them it was none of their business what she did on her time. If they wanted her to quarantine then they should fit the bill. It's total bull ****.
It'S nOt AbOuT pOwEr

We are close to the same age, I'm 66. 100% agree. Live free of die. You cannot hide from stuff that will kill you. Our bodies were designed with immunity systems built within that depend upon on us being in the world around us. If we take care of them well with common sense, we will get the most out of them before it is our time to hit the dirt.

I no longer even have a strong immune system, as I have to suppress mine with meds, so I know I am high risk. But it doesn't matter.

It'S nOt AbOuT pOwEr
It's so stupid. Some arbitrary line to draw. We're ok if we go to Nashville, not being out of state but we can't go to a very isolated beach in Florida? So stupid. And to think these people are paid ridiculous salaries to make these decisions. I told my wife that it was none of their business where the F we went on our own time. I told her to just say we were staying home. I think someone would have a decent lawsuit if they tried to enforce that. If they want to quarantine her fine, just don't make her take vacation. Let her stay at home like 75% of her lard ass co-workers have done the past two months.

There is no good solution tbh. Dems probably want us to be out of a job so we can be reliant on Dems stimulus payments and handouts... Then they're the heroes and they get votes.

Truth. It’s all about risk management. Be respectful of others. Wear your mask. Keep your distance. Stay home if you’re sick. And slowly integrate back into society. A complete shutdown for the duration of eternity isn’t the solution.

Again...I'm not offering a position on whether we should or should not open the country (FTR, I'm generally in favor). I'm saying it's appalling that professing Christians are using "it's only killing old people" as a justification for why it isn't an issue. Fine line between that and euthanasia or between that and killing the unborn, both which are viewed negatively by Christians.

Open or don't, but don't use "it's only old people that are dying" as a justification.

That's a fair. statement It would also be nice if the Left would stop saying conservatives want people to die if we say we want the economy to open back up. And I am not directing that at you; just that I have seen too many msm pundits make such statements.

Just tell them she is taking a week off for a staycation at home.

I think its weird she is deemed essential, there aren't very many here that are. I just don't understand why anyone needs to know her business when she isn't at work.

I think its weird she is deemed essential, there aren't very many here that are. I just don't understand why anyone needs to know her business when she isn't at work.
But the big bad germs may get her and then she would be putting the entire world at risk by going back to work

Her job is to process stuff that keeps others safe in a radiation contamination potential. As long as reactors are reacting, people can be exposed.

Her job is to process stuff that keeps others safe in a radiation contamination potential. As long as reactors are reacting, people can be exposed.

Yeah I guess they are firing right now, they are doing a lot of covid research using the reactors. Sucks, but still they don't need to know where she goes on vacation.

I find it a little disheartening that I hear Christian people so casually willing to sacrifice old people. It's just old people, right?
Wow...it is a lot disheartening to me to see so many people not giving a crap how many millions if peoples lives are ruined just so they can exist...I am high risk so don't start that dumb crap with me.

So sick of this argument. As someone who is caring for 2 elderly parents and keeping them safe as best I can .. other less vulnerable people going back to work has zero effect on me keeping my parents safe.
Exactly...and my dad is a 75 year old diabetic with heart issues and he is just sick of it. He thinks it is insane what we have done.

Responsible being the key term here. There are definitely a few irresponsible politicians wanting to see the economy wrecked if it means destroying capitalism. And that is their own words.

Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s chief of staff Saikat Chakrabarti admitted recently that the true motivation behind introducing the Green New Deal is to overhaul the “entire economy.”

Chakrabarti said that addressing climate change was not Ocasio-Cortez’s top priority in proposing the Green New Deal during a meeting with Washington governor Jay Inslee.

“The interesting thing about the Green New Deal, is it wasn’t originally a climate thing at all,” Chakrabarti said to Inslee’s climate director, Sam Ricketts, according to a Washington Post reporter who attended the meeting for a profile published Wednesday.

“Do you guys think of it as a climate thing?” Because we really think of it as a how-do-you-change-the-entire-economy thing,” he added.

The Green New Deal, proposed earlier this year by Ocasio-Cortez and Senator Ed Markey (D., Mass.), would transition the U.S. economy entirely away from fossil fuels within ten years while simultaneously providing a federal jobs and healthcare guarantee. It would also, according to its proponents, advance “social, economic, racial, regional and gender-based justice and equality and cooperative and public ownership.

All told, the proposal will cost up to $93 trillion in new government spending over ten years, according to a recent report by the conservative American Action Forum.

Green New Deal is not really about climate change

And let's not forget Pelosi tried to sneak some elements of the GND into the first relief package. I haven't seen any signs of a responsible politician among the current Democrat leadership. If that had been the case we would have seen the House focused on getting things done for the country rather than pushing an impeachment witchhunt, especially after their big spiel when trying to take back the House during the 2018 midterms was 'bipartisanship'.
Traitors...and the people that vote for them are traitors.

Reactions: Vols4us
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back