Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, they do. But that doesn’t mean you live life like normal when a contagious virus is in the country.

I’m not advocating for a continued shutdown, and I’ve made that clear. But this thing isn’t a “scam.” I roll my eyes at comments like that.

You guys enjoy the evening.
Sorry...you're a good dude...I am just frayed at this point.

There is no good solution tbh. Dems probably want us to be out of a job so we can be reliant on Dems stimulus payments and handouts... Then they're the heroes and they get votes.
That is the plan...self destructing the economy to get their way. I hope it backfires..they are all traitors of the American people.

I find it a little disheartening that I hear Christian people so casually willing to sacrifice old people. It's just old people, right?

Reactions: vols 30
I find it a little disheartening that I hear Christian people so casually willing to sacrifice old people. It's just old people, right?
So sick of this argument. As someone who is caring for 2 elderly parents and keeping them safe as best I can .. other less vulnerable people going back to work has zero effect on me keeping my parents safe.

So sick of this argument. As someone who is caring for 2 elderly parents and keeping them safe as best I can .. other less vulnerable people going back to work has zero effect on me keeping my parents safe.

I wasn't making an argument. I was commenting on those who continually justify the deaths because they are old.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
100% political

I wish people would do research. Clay is a smart guy but twists his arguments sometimes. Ohio, Florida, and Iowa are what I would call purple states. Ohio is opening up restaurants and hair salons this week and had phased in other things previously. Florida and Iowa basically reopened with TN. Vermont and Maine are very blue states and are loosening restrictions, and Maine opened hair salons before TN did. New Hampshire, a blue state, allowed elective surgeries last week and opened salons this week. Rhode Island, which had more positive per capita than Massachusetts, just began allowing some retail open. Minnesota is allowing some curb side pickup at retail stores.

Sure, NY, Cali, Pennsylvania, Illinois, and Michigan are going to be slow to reopen because they legitimately have problems in highly populated areas. It’s all about population, which not coincidentally means it’s more of a blue state.

For all the crap that Bill Lee got, I thought his approach was pretty sound. 89 counties reopened, and let the more populated ones (with an individual health department) to decide on their own.

Some on here and around this country are not fully grasping the nuances on recording a death exclusively COVID-19 when there are underlying serious pre-existing medical conditions. Like I said, even Birx doesn't believe the CDC's numbers.

Example: I may have a serious underlying medical condition of hemophilia where my blood does not clot well if at all. I get injured in a normally survivable car accident and am not attended to quickly enough, so I bleed out and die. What caused my death, the hemophilia or the car accident or both? Traditional recording of the cause of death would always note hemophilia as the primary cause with a notation that I was in a car accident. If I did not have the hemophilia, I would live because it was a survivable car accident.

The same applies for recording COVID-19 deaths. If there are no underlying pre-existing conditions and the person tests positive for the disease and dies, it is a COVID COD. If a person has any number of other underlying conditions that could cause death and the person contracts COVID-19 and eventually dies; it is disingenuous to state a COD of only COVID-19. The primary reason is that another catalyst could have also contributed to the COD of a person with pre-existing conditions such as flu, asthma, allergic reaction, etc.; yet they do not record one of those as a contributing cause, only when it is COVID-19. This is what is happening in many blue states.

Depending on the seriousness and complexity of the underlying conditions, the COD should be either the pre-existing, or, a combination that includes the COVID; as it is in all other situations. Add in that in NY there were hundreds, perhaps thousands of deaths during the worst period where they did not even test for COVID-19. It was assumed, noted as the COD, body bagged and buried. Pre-existing conditions were not even considered. How many of those patients had the flu, an allergic reaction, asthma with pre-existing conditions? No way to know. Strange how the trend line charts show flu just mysteriously disappearing as COVID-19 was starting to blow the roof off.

Accuracy in diagnosis and recording is important if a country is serious about protecting the lives of its citizens. To not have a universal standard for doing so that has a strong penalty for violations is ludicrous. The impact of bad numbers has multiple, far reaching, serious consequences.

EDIT: I know about NY because we have family on Long Island. A nephew and his wife. His wife is an attorney and judge who is pregnant and self quarantined due to the pregnancy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Some on here and around this country are not fully grasping the nuances on recording a death exclusively COVID-19 when there are underlying serious pre-existing medical conditions. Like I said, even Birx doesn't believe the CDC's numbers.

Example: I may have a serious underlying medical condition of hemophilia where my blood does not clot well if at all. I get injured in a normally survivable car accident and am not attended to quickly enough, so I bleed out and die. What caused my death, the hemophilia or the car accident or both? Traditional recording of the cause of death would always note hemophilia as the primary cause with a notation that I was in a car accident. If I did not have the hemophilia, I would live because it was a survivable car accident.

The same applies for recording COVID-19 deaths. If there are no underlying pre-existing conditions and the person tests positive for the disease and dies, it is a COVID COD. If a person has any number of other underlying conditions that could cause death and the person contracts COVID-19 and eventually dies; it is disingenuous to state a COD of only COVID-19. The primary reason is that another catalyst could have also contributed to the COD of a person with pre-existing conditions such as flu, asthma, allergic reaction, etc.; yet they do not record one of those as a contributing cause, only when it is COVID-19. This is what is happening in many blue states.

Depending on the seriousness and complexity of the underlying conditions, the COD should be either the pre-existing, or, a combination that includes the COVID; as it is in all other situations. Add in that in NY there were hundreds, perhaps thousands of deaths during the worst period where they did not even test for COVID-19. It was assumed, noted as the COD, body bagged and buried. Pre-existing conditions were not even considered. How many of those patients had the flu, an allergic reaction, asthma with pre-existing conditions? No way to know. Strange how the trend line charts show flu just mysteriously disappearing as COVID-19 was starting to blow the roof off.

Accuracy in diagnosis and recording is important if a country is serious about protecting the lives of its citizens. To not have a universal standard for doing so that has a strong penalty for violations is ludicrous. The impact of bad numbers has multiple, far reaching, serious consequences.

EDIT: I know about NY because we have family on Long Island. A nephew and his wife. His wife is an attorney and judge who is pregnant and self quarantined due to the pregnancy.

I’m not sure how someone truly knows all of this unless you know the specific circumstances of someone’s death. There are also reports of people dying at home who were never tested because tests were at a premium.

However, in my line of work, your very case about hemophilia is called the egg shell doctrine. The car accident is very relevant, and if a person is at fault for the accident, then he is liable for the wrongful death. You take a victim as he lies. Generally, people who have underlying conditions can recover just as much in damages as those who do not as long as you prove that the accident caused the death. But for the accident, the person is still alive, and it is exactly the same with Covid-19.

As I said earlier, roughly half of American adults either have high blood pressure or are obese. I can’t say scientifically, but I would venture to guess that most Americans over 40 have either had a major surgery, take medication for something, or have an underlying medical condition. We are all human. As I have stated, I am a healthy 40 year old with never having stayed a night in a hospital in my life. I have run/walked 150 Miles in the last 6 weeks. Yet I have high blood pressure, and it’s most likely genetic. I have no doubt that someone would report it as an underlying medical condition.

Sure, it has hit nursing homes. But there is story after story of 40, 50, 60 years old who died and were not on their death bed this year.

I hate that it’s turned political. I am all for opening. But I work in an industry that is very susceptible right now. It’s all about population centers. Rural areas are fine. It’s all about trying to control the highly populated areas.

Last edited:
That is the plan...self destructing the economy to get their way. I hope it backfires..they are all traitors of the American people.

Whoa McGill, you're getting way over the top when you start calling people traitors because of their party affiliation and because they have policies different than yours. Tammy Duckworth lost her legs flying a helicopter in combat, is she a traitor? No responsible politician of either party is purposely trying to destroy the economy. Besides, the stimulus plans so far have passed a Republican controlled Senate and a Republican President. So it's not a case of one party doing what it wants.

Whoa McGill, you're getting way over the top when you start calling people traitors because of their party affiliation and because they have policies different than yours. Tammy Duckworth lost her legs flying a helicopter in combat, is she a traitor? No responsible politician of either party is purposely trying to destroy the economy. Besides, the stimulus plans so far have passed a Republican controlled Senate and a Republican President. So it's not a case of one party doing what it wants.
There are traitors among them. They will betray the common Americans interest to get what they f'n want...I don't care what they have done before...they are traitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back