Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
it makes complaining about what you see to be fiscal irresponsibility disingenuous. You don't actually care about misplaced money, you care when you think Dems do it.
Spoken like a true dem as you don't care when the dems do it as long as the dems get their way. Yet to hear you critical of any part of dems nonsense. Fairly confident if the roles were reversed that you would be very critical of any republican blockage.

Reactions: Vols4us
Spoken like a true dem as you don't care when the dems do it as long as the dems get their way. Yet to hear you critical of any part of dems nonsense. Fairly confident if the roles were reversed that you would be very critical of any republican blockage.
But doesn't that go the other way too? Where is the Tea Party that was loud and visible during President Obama's time in office? They've been quiet as a church mouse these last 3 years. Makes me think they were protesting something else....

Doing it during a literal pandemic seems
worse to me...

its not. in actuality, neither trumps golfing nor the kennedy center grants keep anymore money from going to small businesses. a number was picked, negotiated, and settled on without a thought for deficit spending. at this point its not a zero sum game anymore.

Last edited:

dug-in partisan accuses fellow dug-in partisan of being partisan.

its not. in actuality, neither trumps golfing nor the kennedy center grants keep anymore money from going to small businesses. a number was picked, negotiated, and settled on without a thought for deficit spending. at this point its not a zero sum game anymore.
Not to be politically motivated or anything & definitely not trying to argue a point of any kind, but Trump doesn’t really have to have any of his golfing paid for. He owns a butt ton of golf courses. He golfs for free and stays in his own hotels rent-free. 🤷‍♂️ But anyways, carry on!

Reactions: InVOLuntary
dug-in partisan accuses fellow dug-in partisan of being partisan.
LOL if you think I am a dug-in partisian. Don't think you will find any posts praising trump from me as I want the best for Americans now and that is getting a stimulis package for them. More a libertarian as I think foreign aid should be drastically cut. Both sides are at fault here and hold equal blame. Riddle me this, how did the Dems have a 1400 page bill ready to go on Monday is they were not planning this? This is polical backmail pure and simple as the expense of the american worker

LOL if you think I am a dug-in partisian. Don't think you will find any posts praising trump from me as I want the best for Americans now and that is getting a stimulis package for them. More a libertarian as I think foreign aid should be drastically cut. Both sides are at fault here and hold equal blame. Riddle me this, how did the Dems have a 1400 page bill ready to go on Monday is they were not planning this? This is polical backmail pure and simple as the expense of the american worker
I am sure the 1400 page bill was piggy backed off of the bill that the house passed a week ago, before MM decided the Senate needed a break.

Not to be politically motivated or anything & definitely not trying to argue a point of any kind, but Trump doesn’t really have to have any of his golfing paid for. He owns a butt ton of golf courses. He golfs for free and stays in his own hotels rent-free. 🤷‍♂️ But anyways, carry on!

100% false. the trump org charges the federal government (our tax dollars) for lodging, food, etc for secret service and staff every time he visits one of his properties. a watchdog group that has been documenting this approximates the total to be around $109m from taxpayers based on FOI requests. if trump went to properties he didn't own and paid market value, it'd still be a giant waste of money, but at least he wouldn't be putting taxpayer money in his own pocket.

Trump Golf Count Cost Breakdown:

• AF1 flights to Mar-a-Lago: $47,288,000
  • AF1 flights to Bedminster: $18,375,500
  • Costs to Bedminster, Palm Beach: $17,437,192
  • Cost to guard coast off Mar-a-Lago: $21,476,000
  • Luxury car rental in Turnberry, Scotland: $1,260,139
  • Cost of stay at Trump Turnberry, Scotland: $68,800
  • Total cost of staying in Doonbeg, Ireland: $3,600,000
Total Cost: $109,505,631

But doesn't that go the other way too? Where is the Tea Party that was loud and visible during President Obama's time in office? They've been quiet as a church mouse these last 3 years. Makes me think they were protesting something else....

Uh, perhaps you forgot the Lerner led partisan IRS attacks on the Tea Party nonprofits during that time. Which undermined the donations and increased the legal expenses. Just one of several prongs of attack that imploded that movement.

100% false. the trump org charges the federal government (our tax dollars) for lodging, food, etc for secret service and staff every time he visits one of his properties. a watchdog group that has been documenting this approximates the total to be around $109m from taxpayers based on FOI requests. if trump went to properties he didn't own and paid market value, it'd still be a giant waste of money, but at least he wouldn't be putting taxpayer money in his own pocket.

Well that’s a totally different thing altogether. I digress 😂

Uh, perhaps you forgot the Lerner led partisan IRS attacks on the Tea Party nonprofits during that time. Which undermined the donations and increased the legal expenses. Just one of several prongs of attack that imploded that movement.
You say you are a Libertarian, but you have A LOT of right wing talking points. I mean, it is uncanny....totally a coincidence.
All those things you say were investigated and cleared.

Edit wrong person.

Last edited:
You say you are a Libertarian, but you have A LOT of right wing talking points. I mean, it is uncanny....totally a coincidence.
All those things you say were investigated and cleared.

Edit wrong person.

I could tell.

Those are not talking points. Yes, I am a conservative. No, I am not a Republican or a Democrat or a Libertarian. I am an independent thinker who has studied the issues and the government inner workings. I do not need a political party to tell me who to support or what I should think/believe about issues. I have lobbied on the state level and in DC for the industry in which I worked. I have sat on the Board of a PAC in my past. I received no compensation for any of it. Did it to help improve our industry for the employers and employees. I have my own litmus tests for the platforms of parties and the people who serve in office.

The IRS scandal with Lerner in that administration was one of the ugliest, worst abuses of power up to that point I have ever witnessed. People fear the IRS and their ability to destroy everything a person or org has built. All she and her cronies did was confirm they would do so for no legitimate reason, just for politics.

I could tell.

Those are not talking points. Yes, I am a conservative. No, I am not a Republican or a Democrat or a Libertarian. I am an independent thinker who has studied the issues and the government inner workings. I do not need a political party to tell me who to support or what I should think/believe about issues. I have lobbied on the state level and in DC for the industry in which I worked. I have sat on the Board of a PAC in my past. I received no compensation for any of it. Did it to help improve our industry for the employers and employees. I have my own litmus tests for the platforms of parties and the people who serve in office.

The IRS scandal with Lerner in that administration was one of the ugliest, worst abuses of power up to that point I have ever witnessed. People fear the IRS and their ability to destroy everything a person or org has built. All she and her cronies did was confirm they would do so for no legitimate reason, just for politics.
The IRS was not targeting any particular groups, however you can not claim to not be involved in politics to receive a tax free status and then be involved in politics and then cry about it. That is like a criminal crying because they are arrested doing crime.

The brainwashing has gone to a new level. Smh. Thanks for bringing the facts.

bir18g.gif

Reactions: VOLSONLY
The IRS was not targeting any particular groups, however you can not claim to not be involved in politics to receive a tax free status and then be involved in politics and then cry about it. That is like a criminal crying because they are arrested doing crime.

That's not true at all and you know it. The lawsuits that have been settled and won years later by those same groups tell a far different story. Tip of the iceberg below:

Tea Party Groups Targeted by Lerner's IRS Receive Settlement Checks

But hey, keep spouting nonsense you nothing about.

An extra 25 million for House of Representatives salaries and expenses.

75 million for NPR and PBS.

What in the actual blue hell??
100 million wasted IMO. Wish they would defund NPR and get rid of that waste of time. H Rep’s worthless as well. PBS I am meh about, not a fan of much except Nova.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back