Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel judged.

giphy.gif

Craziest thing.
With all I went thru and the acceptance of death, something awesome came from it all. Not being judged.

Oh, people can try. Try so hard to justify their right to do so. Haha.

Win the court of public opinion? The court that has seen a flat earth or the acceptance of slavery? Not impressed.

You can do it for yourself, to bolster that sense of self righteousness but..sorry. nothing here.

Sounds weird, I'm sure. But it's a feeling of no matter how hard they try, you've found a state beyond their reach. And not sure how it happens but you know it's true... you just do.
For any that haven't found it, it basically a never ended feeling of this.

giphy-23.gif

My favorite scripture is "let every man seek out his own salvation thru fear and trembling". We all have different backgrounds, culture, life experiences, hardships, full blown heartaches, moments of great joy and times of total despair, this all effects how we view and experience the world, his own salvation, if you have to question what you have done or said then you have sinned, ask for forgiveness and do better next time, God didn't make such a diverse creation and expect us all to live by some rigid guideline, what I see as your sin may not be for you but the minute I say something you do is a sin that's the sins that I will be judged by, his own salvation, judge not should you be not judged, believe in God have compassion, humility, and empathy for your fellow man this is what the scriptures are IMHO God Bless

Craziest thing.
With all I went thru and the acceptance of death, something awesome came from it all. Not being judged.

Win the court of public opinion? The court that has seen a flat earth or the acceptance of slavery? Not impressed.

You can do it for yourself, to bolster that sense of self righteousness but..sorry. nothing here.

Sounds weird, I'm sure. But it's a feeling of no matter how hard they try, you've found a state beyond their reach. And not sure how it happens but you know it's true... you just do.

View attachment 261180
1581557486081.gif

Reactions: chargervol
Craziest thing.

View attachment 261180

Showoff.

Craziest thing.

View attachment 261180

Charger, you are an inspiration. Very happy for you and your family.

Just don't ask me to put any bets down on you in an arm wrasslin competition....unless it's against Daddy Long Neck.

Charger, you are an inspiration. Very happy for you and your family.

Just don't ask me to put any bets down on you in an arm wrasslin competition....unless it's against Daddy Long Neck.

Haha.
Thank you.
As much as I joke about it, I'm back around 180 now. Which obviously isn't huge but at 5'10 and no body fat to speak of, it's a heck of a comeback from 118.

Lets bump this thing and get some more donations flowing boys. No time to loose momentum. Lets keep reaching for our goal of 10K here.

If we are not there by kick off in Nashville I will issue another challenge on game day so stay tuned.

This little girl needs our help.
First post from this thread.

AV is a hell of a guy

I was 5'4 and 145 pounds as a freshman in high school. My sophomore year I was 6'2 and 125 pounds....man my legs ached constantly that year.

Now I'm 223 from tacos, buffalo chicken pasta and sitting in an office all day. Damn, I need to hit up Nick but an 8 hour work day, 2 hour commute, giving the wife attention and helping 2 kids with homework makes it hard to do more than some pushups and sit ups.

I was 5'4 and 145 pounds as a freshman in high school. My sophomore year I was 6'2 and 125 pounds....man my legs ached constantly that year.

Now I'm 223 from tacos, buffalo chicken pasta and sitting in an office all day. Damn, I need to hit up Nick but an 8 hour work day, 2 hour commute, giving the wife attention and helping 2 kids with homework makes it hard to do more than some pushups and sit ups.

I'm a little worried what will happen if I'm cleared to work again. I basically eat 4 or 5 bites of food slowly, every 30 to 45 minutes or so. Spend the in between time very uncomfortable but at least not unbearable with all the meds.

Mostly all healthy food but I probably consume way more than the average person. It's just not processed like other peoples. My body might only absorb half of the calories/nutrients.

Found a protein powder that you sprinkle on any food to help rebuild the muscle, which was most of my weight. Had to triple the amount tho and that was on top of all the white meat chicken, lean steak, etc..
But I basically can't stop eating, then recovering long enough to accomplish much.
Kind of a pain in the arse but it beats wasting away, hands down.
Don't recommend that at all. Nope, nu uh.

I'm a little worried what will happen if I'm cleared to work again. I basically eat 4 or 5 bites of food slowly, every 30 to 45 minutes or so. Spend the in between time very uncomfortable but at least not unbearable with all the meds.

Mostly all healthy food but I probably consume way more than the average person. It's just not processed like other peoples. My body might only absorb half of the calories/nutrients.

Found a protein powder that you sprinkle on any food to help rebuild the muscle, which was most of my weight. Had to triple the amount tho and that was on top of all the white meat chicken, lean steak, etc..
But I basically can't stop eating, then recovering long enough to accomplish much.
Kind of a pain in the arse but it beats wasting away, hands down.
Don't recommend that at all. Nope, nu uh.

Praying that by the time you are ready to go back to work there has been some kind of breakthrough that will give you full healing and a normal life.

No matter what, you have experienced a test that I'm certain has given you a better perspective on life than many ever achieve and you have hopefully gotten to see how genuinely good people can be....especially Volunteer fans.

You are blessed to have a wife who stood with you through this. Have a buddy who just went through a battle with cancer and ended up with a colostomy bag. His longtime girlfriend left him just days into his struggle.....truly sad.

Praying that by the time you are ready to go back to work there has been some kind of breakthrough that will give you full healing and a normal life.

No matter what, you have experienced a test that I'm certain has given you a better perspective on life than many ever achieve and you have hopefully gotten to see how genuinely good people can be....especially Volunteer fans.

You are blessed to have a wife who stood with you through this. Have a buddy who just went through a battle with cancer and ended up with a colostomy bag. His longtime girlfriend left him just days into his struggle.....truly sad.

Oh wow.
No I definitely feel blessed on that part. The hardest part was when things looked inevitable and watching her try to be brave. I could tell she was terrified.

I did tell her once that I didn't think it fair she have to go thru this and offered to go. Thought she was gonna beat the crap out of me for bringing it up, haha.

But it's worked out well for her at least for now. The discomfort isn't enough for anyone to see, including her. And while I might be limited on trying to go somewhere and work, I can do enough at home (while eating 😄) to make her life much easier.

For that and all those here that helped me reach this point, I am grateful beyond words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back