Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to just be contradictory, but I think that was actually the point Jesus was making, that we try to put sins on a continuum, that at least I am not committing adultery or murdering, when the reality is that to God it is all rebellion...
Well, you can look at it how you choose but there is no god of mine that views murder or raping children the same as cussing. If thats your God, that is your right.

Pfft.
You being a preacher has no business being mentioned during a debate. Does help with scrolling tho 😏.

Casting stones is bottom of the barrel to me personally.

Comments, likes etc., also raises the question with me, "who in a position to pass judgment?". Heck, even I can answer that one.

VN pulpit riding mixed with stone casting, well.. back to football.
Eh..we all like to skip rocks sometimes 🙅‍♂️

Reactions: chargervol
Yeah...but I wish that I had never let that be known. This is the only place that I can just be a guy. I don't talk or think like those jerks think I should I reckon, you are a supposed to be some sissy milquetoast that never gets angry or human..the problem is that I am a very dedicated, but extremely flawed country boy redneck that was a scumbag drug dealer sinner decades ago. I don't think I am much different than Peter...but whatever...I am what I am to this point.
You got any drug stashes left? Asking for a friend....

Reactions: gainesvol82
Yeah...but I wish that I had never let that be known. This is the only place that I can just be a guy. I don't talk or think like those jerks think I should I reckon, you are a supposed to be some sissy milquetoast that never gets angry or human..the problem is that I am a very dedicated, but extremely flawed country boy redneck that was a scumbag drug dealer sinner decades ago. I don't think I am much different than Peter...but whatever...I am what I am to this point.
Nothing sissy milquetoast about it! Jesus cleared the temple with a whip, He definitely was not sissified!

Eh..we all like to skip rocks sometimes 🙅‍♂️

Oh, no doubt. But I don't mean opinions on varying subjects. I specifically mean using the holy word to judge someone, which entails breaking that very word in the process.

No matter the particular subject, I have a real issue with hypocrisy. But, I'm imperfect also and no doubt, guilty myself at times.

Oh, no doubt. But I don't mean opinions on varying subjects. I specifically mean using the holy word to judge someone, which entails breaking that very word in the process.

No matter the particular subject, I have a real issue with hypocrisy. But, I'm imperfect also and no doubt, guilty myself at times.
Welcome. Come on in.

I didn't design him.
See, thats the beautiful thing about America. ISIS cant make me believe what you believe or what you think I should believe. I am free to believe what I want. And if you think raping children is the same as cussing you probably need help, quite frankly.

But, thats your right.

See, thats the beautiful thing about America. ISIS cant make me believe what you believe or what you think I should believe. I am free to believe what I want. And if you think raping children is the same as cussing you probably need help, quite frankly.

But, thats your right.
Bro, you are totally missing what i'm saying. I don't think raping = cussing. I think they are equally offensive to a God who is completely holy. Not the same, and not as simple as you are boiling it down to be. But think what you want, I guess.

Bro, you are totally missing what i'm saying. I don't think raping = cussing. I think they are equally offensive to a God who is completely holy. Not the same, and not as simple as you are boiling it down to be. But think what you want, I guess.
I'm not trying to be a jerk...i apologize.

I just dont see it that way.

Reactions: WarMachine
Welcome. Come on in.
Must. Resist. The. Urge.

giphy.gif

Reactions: WarMachine
I think most of you guys are saying the same basic thing, just from a different perspective. Consider:

(Jesus of Judas) John 19:11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

I think if you consider these words of Christ, you can reasonably conclude that not all sin is equal.
However, the punishment for sin remains the same.

Further, think of sin throughout the course of our lives like this: If I don't murder or rape, yet I lie, I'm guilty (not of murder or rape, but rather) of the whole law:
James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

So then, we understand that all sin is not the same, yet all sin brings the same condemnation.

Technically, going to Heaven or Hell is not about sin or no sin ... It's about whether or not we believe on Jesus Christ, and the Blood that He shed on Calvary to pay for our sins, and accepting Him as our Lord and Saviour.

Well, I'm not trying to debate, nor participate in one ... just leaving a little food for thought,

I didn't design him.
Ah, but see you are - by setting attributes and descriptions of an undefinable being, you are by necessity putting limitations on that being.
if God, the alpha and the omega, is indeed limitless then he could just as easily be a cussing jokester as a prude.

I think most of you guys are saying the same basic thing, just from a different perspective. Consider:

(Jesus of Judas) John 19:11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

I think if you consider these words of Christ, you can reasonably conclude that not all sin is equal.
However, the punishment for sin remains the same.

Further, think of sin throughout the course of our lives like this: If I don't murder or rape, yet I lie, I'm guilty (not of murder or rape, but rather) of the whole law:
James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

So then, we understand that all sin is not the same, yet all sin brings the same condemnation.

Technically, going to Heaven or Hell is not about sin or no sin ... It's about whether or not we believe on Jesus Christ, and the Blood that He shed on Calvary to pay for our sins, and accepting Him as our Lord and Saviour.

Well, I'm not trying to debate, nor participate in one ... just leaving a little food for thought,
Thats what I was trying to say. Just not nearly as well as you, sir.

Thank you

Reactions: preacherwebb
Ah, but see you are - by setting attributes and descriptions of an undefinable being, you are by necessity putting limitations on that being.
if God, the alpha and the omega, is indeed limitless then he could just as easily be a cussing jokester as a prude.
Counterpoint, what if he stated what we should think about himself by speaking in human language and having it written down for the record?

Have you ever thought of making your life into a book or movie? Bet you have some real stories.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I can respect that. I just don't love the idea of you lumping me in with ISIS who will murder you.
No, no, no....thats why I apologized.

I was just illustrating that we are all free to believe what we want and should be thankful to be able to have a discussion without fear.

I did not intend to compare you, yourself, to ISIS.

Welcome. Come on in.

I'm mostly proud of myself on that one. (Slowly shifting the conversation back) what happened PSU or even what I personally think Meyer has helped cover up...
Oh I will absolutely "judge" them, it will just always be based on my opinion and my words. But I honestly don't believe I've ever used THE word during my imperfection. At least I hope not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back