Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol uhh tn sales tax was 7% last I remember. How many states have income tax above 7% for the average person?? TN is very burdensome for the lower and middle classes and retirees.

I moved my reply to the off-topic, but I agree with you. Sales tax is among the most regressive there is. Not even close. It takes a larger percent of income from the lower and middle classes than the those in the upper class, which to me, makes it extremely regressive.

I moved my reply to the off-topic, but I agree with you. Sales tax is among the most regressive there is. Not even close. It takes a larger percent of income from the lower and middle classes than the those in the upper class, which to me, makes it extremely regressive.
How burdened are criminals and tourists? They also pay taxes with sales tax

Reactions: InVOLuntary
My point is that the poor folks pay a higher percentage of their income for sales taxes than rich folks. I like flat taxes, myself, but that is likely another discussion.

I like a mixture of flat tax and sales tax. I do not like the convoluted tax system. Just ridiculous. But to the guy who thinks taxation is theft is just living in fantasy. I do however think it’s criminal to make private businesses the tax collector. That’s bovine scatology.

You can't do one size fits all in a republic of 50 states. What works for Tennessee will not work for Iowa. Sales taxes as the primary driver works well in TN due to the tourism industry. The primary way to increase buying power of the less advantaged is through real wage growth with low inflation - which is happening.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back