Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
What
Do I need to own a star to be an astronomer? But that guy with 26 kids in Knoxville (he set a record) I guess he is then the expert by your logic. What a terrible argument. Hell, most parents actually read books by the experts, not the other way around.

Just read the meta-research. Or bury your head in the sand and make ad hominens. Your choice.
is the research based on?

I can sympathize with that. On the other hand, I’m becoming a parent this very week. Everyone we know that has already had a kid wants to offer up unsolicited advice and it’s really starting to get annoying lol
Take everything with a grain of salt, remember you’re parenting a younger version of yourself basically. You’ll figure it out, some stuff that works for people won’t work for you or your kid.

Reactions: Volbucky
One day when you have a kid you will look back upon this and agree with me. It is the most humbling and enormous responsibility to raise a responsible child. There is no set path that works with all kids either. You don’t whip them all the time but there’s a time and place where you need to punish them.

I don't doubt it, but I won't ever hit, smack, or spank them. It negatively affects them.

What

is the research based on?

Plenty of varying studies ranging from the 50s onward. I would say read meta-reaearch. Otherwise you have hundreds of studies. But it's out there. Been well known for decades. Not even a debate at this point, the results were decidedly one sided. Spanking does no long-term good for the child, it's just easiest for the parents to do and get immediate results.

Plenty of varying studies ranging from the 50s onward. I would say read meta-reaearch. Otherwise you have hundreds of studies. But it's out there. Been well known for decades. Not even a debate at this point, the results were decidedly one sided. Spanking does no long-term good for the child, it's just easiest for the parents to do and get immediate results.

I asked what were these studies based on.... not that they did studies.... most studies are biased towards the person doing the studies opinionand are nonsense....I have raised for healthy well adjusted kids using spanking as a deterrent..... it has no negative effect at all on my kids

Guys, it's time to take this conversation to a different thread. I personally am sick and tired of getting constant notifications on a thread about a Tennessee recruit and find that there are 10 more posts of people arguing/bickering. Please.

Edit: Thanks, mods.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Similar to my story.
I wanted a shot at WR and was highly encouraged to be a spectator.

I tried out for basketball in high school. After about 5 minutes, the coach put his arm around my shoulder and said " son, I believe you'd be better off in the football coaches office...it's just down hall".

At least I tried lol.

Lost cause.

Why because two people can't agree?

He's not entirely wrong. Neither am I.

People that are selected to those types of games are "All-Americans"

Under Armour All-American
Army All-American
It's a more recent way of rewarding players with those type of accolades.
Just like
Prep-Star, USA Today All-Americans from back in the day.

Jesus...

The way your looking at I as if those games are meaningless. It's A REAL THING.
Bryce Brown
Eric Berry
Chris Donald
Rico McCoy
Etc..were all Army ALL-AMERICANS.

Why because two people can't agree?

He's not entirely wrong. Neither am I.

People that are selected to those types of games are "All-Americans"

Under Armour All-American
Army All-American
It's a more recent way of rewarding players with those type of accolades.
Just like
Prep-Star, USA Today All-Americans from back in the day.

Jesus...

The way your looking at I as if those games are meaningless. It's A REAL THING.
Bryce Brown
Eric Berry
Chris Donald
Rico McCoy
Etc..were all Army ALL-AMERICANS.
Yer*

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back