Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoken like a millennial that has never had a kid.

Do I need to own a star to be an astronomer? But that guy with 26 kids in Knoxville (he set a record) I guess he is then the expert by your logic. What a terrible argument. Hell, most parents actually read books by the experts, not the other way around.

Just read the meta-research. Or bury your head in the sand and make ad hominens. Your choice.

No you millennials take the cake for being pathetic.
old.jpg

Spoken like a millennial that has never had a kid.

To be fair, tons of research exist to suggest corporal punishment is actually detrimental. It’s my personal belief that the reference to “spare the rod” in the Bible is metaphor for consequences in general. Parents/guardians that think they are doing their children favors by sparing them from consequences are actually doing them a great disservice, perhaps a greater disservice than appropriately spanking them.

I got cats bro. They live well and I don't beat them.

Well I had grand and glorious ideas about parenting. Then 30 years ago I had the first kid with my ex. What you think you know about parenting and the reality of parenting are vastly different things. We had two girls, and yes they are harder for that part of the discussion. Now I have 5 total in a blended family and a couple are boys. Experience is the best teacher and on the job training as a parent is like no other job.

PS: Pretty much always had cat’s, (some dogs thrown in for good measure) never beat them, just pampered them. Currently fur child is laying here beside me right now. Better pet her ‘cause I am sure she thinks me typing this is a poor use of my hands when I could be petting her instead.

Do I need to own a star to be an astronomer? But that guy with 26 kids in Knoxville (he set a record) I guess he is then the expert by your logic. What a terrible argument. Hell, most parents actually read books by the experts, not the other way around.

Just read the meta-research. Or bury your head in the sand and make ad hominens. Your choice.
One day when you have a kid you will look back upon this and agree with me. It is the most humbling and enormous responsibility to raise a responsible child. There is no set path that works with all kids either. You don’t whip them all the time but there’s a time and place where you need to punish them.

Reactions: hooter vol
People blaming a generation for their behavior without taking responsibility for having raised them is ridiculous and hypocritical

Life is typically more comfortable for each successive generation, it is only natural then that each generation as a whole is a bit softer than the preceding one. And although a natural regression, it is not necessarily a healthy one for society.

Last edited:
Reactions: CreiveHallVol
To be fair, tons of research exist to suggest corporal punishment is actually detrimental. It’s my personal belief that the reference to “spare the rod” in the Bible is metaphor for consequences in general. Parents/guardians that think they are doing their children favors by sparing them from consequences are actually doing them a great disservice, perhaps a greater disservice than appropriately spanking them.
Absolutely you don’t want to whip them all the time. Corporal punishment is saved for the worst offenses. I think I’ve whipped my oldest son maybe four times in his life.

Spoken like someone that doesn’t know anything about the guy.

Sick of this anti-millennial crap. It gets old. The previous generation sucked every bit as much.
Honestly I could care less what generation you’re from if you try to give advice on parenting without being a parent it’s one of the most annoying things on earth.

And honestly I kind of like some of this generation since I’m raising four that are part of it. Still is fun to make digs at you guys for some of the morons that are part of it.

Reactions: CreiveHallVol
Honestly I could care less what generation you’re from if you try to give advice on parenting without being a parent it’s one of the most annoying things on earth.

I can sympathize with that. On the other hand, I’m becoming a parent this very week. Everyone we know that has already had a kid wants to offer up unsolicited advice and it’s really starting to get annoying lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back