Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I was interested in your take considering (I assume) the massive amount of medical bills/insurance you have to pay.

On one hand I believe the government should stay out of healthcare. On the other hand, I believe every citizen should be taken care. Obviously both likely aren’t possible

I heard something the other day and it was “pick 2 of these 3 things: universal healthcare, affordability or quality care.” All 3 likely isn’t possible
Yeah, that does seem to be the unfortunate case. Invol knows that I have zero political leans, it's not about that. I just have a faith (or lack of) in humans.
I've known some really hard workers in my day but I've just never seen accomplishments that rival greedy people working for their own self benefit or advancement.
For-profit entities just generally produce more, regardless of their less than noble interests.

And yeah, that's coming from someone whose financial life has been destroyed by that same system.

I've always had the personal stance of take care of the ones that can't by no reason of their own and the rest would take care of itself. I believe a significant portion of the people that don't pay for their own healthcare through insurance is not because they can't it's because they won't. I know people that bitch and moan about it being able to afford healthcare but they always have the latest iPhone and are driving a nicer car than me.
I know the exact kind of people that you are talking about but "most" depends on who you are around.
In the construction industry, I used many subcontractors and around mostly laborers. *Most of them have $40 tracphones from Walmart and not enough money or insurance for proper preventive care, much less any real health issues.

They represent a larger percentage of the population than many realize. And I think my personal situation is a fair example.
Worked hard my entire life, built my own small business, had success.
Did everything I was supposed to do, including the rainy day nest-egg. Our current healthcare system ripped through those accomplishments and savings in months.. months. And with ease.

Now, despite working for a company for much, much less money, all for better insurance options. And cutting expenses everywhere, I'm returning from the hospital because I can't even cover medications.
Don't qualify for assistance because I "make too much".
Ironically, they don't include medical expenses when figuring whether or not you qualify for MEDICAL assistance.

Like you, I'm skeptical of social healthcare but promise, our for-profit system is also very, very broken. Imo anyways.

One reason our healthcare is so expensive is that Americans pay a large portion of R&D for the whole world. We innovate, and pass on those cost to Americans because the market, to this point, has absorbed it. Other countries either can't afford the higher cost or refuse to pay them. There's a lot wrong with our system and this is part of it. Having our government take control of our healthcare system will be a complete disaster as it's already shown with Obama care.
Yes and don't forget the bang up job they have done with the VA.

Yeah, that does seem to be the unfortunate case. Invol knows that I have zero political leans, it's not about that. I just have a faith (or lack of) in humans.
I've known some really hard workers in my day but I've just never seen accomplishments that rival greedy people working for their own self benefit or advancement.
For-profit entities just generally produce more, regardless of their less than noble interests.

And yeah, that's coming from someone whose financial life has been destroyed by that same system.

I know the exact kind of people that you are talking about but "most" depends on who you are around.
In the construction industry, I used many subcontractors and around mostly laborers. *Most of them have $40 tracphones from Walmart and not enough money or insurance for proper preventive care, much less any real health issues.

They represent a larger percentage of the population than many realize. And I think my personal situation is a fair example.
Worked hard my entire life, built my own small business, had success.
Did everything I was supposed to do, including the rainy day nest-egg. Our current healthcare system ripped through those accomplishments and savings in months.. months. And with ease.

Now, despite working for a company for much, much less money, all for better insurance options. And cutting expenses everywhere, I'm returning from the hospital because I can't even cover medications.
Don't qualify for assistance because I "make too much".
Ironically, they don't include medical expenses when figuring whether or not you qualify for MEDICAL assistance.

Like you, I'm skeptical of social healthcare but promise, our for-profit system is also very, very broken. Imo anyways.
I'm not talking about you or people like you that have tried and are trying to make ends meet. I'm talking about the ones that could work or do work and don't have their priorities in order. I think if the ones that don't try quit being a burden to society, it would make it much easier for those that truly need help.

I'm not talking about you or people like you that have tried and are trying to make ends meet. I'm talking about the ones that could work or do work and don't have their priorities in order. I think if the ones that don't try quit being a burden to society, it would make it much easier for those that truly need help.
I know man, that's why I started my reply with "I know the people that you're talking about".

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Help me decide Toyota Tundra or Ford F-150. Either would be 2017 or newer. Ford would be the 5.0

always credit, never debit
I’ll add to this. At an atm or pump, grab the plastic card reader cover and give it a slight twist and tug. A skimmer will pop right off. Also look above to see if there’s any over hang above the key pad. If there is, feel for a camera

Ford. Tundras have gone down last few years. Power is less and gas mileage is not as good
The reliability of them has got my attention. I know a few people that have about 175k miles and never had an issue. Plus the mods I want are slicker on the tundra. Amen about the fuel mileage, it’s trash. I’ll attach the tundra I’m interested in. I can’t find an F-150 at a decent deal, and to be honest I want the roush package. I need something with a 2-3 level so I can pull my boat and see it.

Attachments

• B9A2F89F-3A70-469A-BFDD-1FB8BB0E6284.jpeg
    B9A2F89F-3A70-469A-BFDD-1FB8BB0E6284.jpeg
    273.6 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: butchna
Help me decide Toyota Tundra or Ford F-150. Either would be 2017 or newer. Ford would be the 5.0
Always do the "cost of ownership" comparison online. Covers regular repairs plus some other, often forgotten details.
Unless the Tundra has issues (not that familiar) guessing Toyota will come out on top. They usually do anyways.
Handy info to have.

Reactions: Devo182
I just traded my Tundra for a F-250 super duty. Tundras are great trucks, you can’t go wrong with them and they last forever. I just needed the towing power of the 250.

Tundra and it’s not close!! I bought a 2010 last April with 106k miles on it. Love it. Unless something drastically goes wrong with it while I own it, I probably will always go with a Tundra in the future if I’m able.

Reactions: BAJAvol and butchna
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back