Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reliability of them has got my attention. I know a few people that have about 175k miles and never had an issue. Plus the mods I want are slicker on the tundra. Amen about the fuel mileage, it’s trash. I’ll attach the tundra I’m interested in. I can’t find an F-150 at a decent deal, and to be honest I want the roush package. I need something with a 2-3 level so I can pull my boat and see it.
That’s sweet! And the color scheme I want. Dream truck’s always been a Raptor, but I don’t like the cab/bed ratio. The Tundra’s I like don’t skimp on the bed in favor of the cab...and vice versa. And they appear more streamlined.

The reliability of them has got my attention. I know a few people that have about 175k miles and never had an issue. Plus the mods I want are slicker on the tundra. Amen about the fuel mileage, it’s trash. I’ll attach the tundra I’m interested in. I can’t find an F-150 at a decent deal, and to be honest I want the roush package. I need something with a 2-3 level so I can pull my boat and see it.
If I'm towing a boat I'm going Ford all the way. Their towing features are awesome. The ecoboost out performs the V-8 (5l, coyote, same motor as the mustang gt). If you get the towing package, it has the integrated brake module and all these features like downhill brake assist. Toyota trucks are fine vehicles but there is a reason they are the most popular trucks on the road.

That’s sweet! And the color scheme I want. Dream truck’s always been a Raptor, but I don’t like the cab/bed ratio. The Tundra’s I like don’t skimp on the bed in favor of the cab...and vice versa. And they appear more streamlined.

I'm obviously concerned somewhat with fuel mileage since it will be my daily driver. But whether I go with the Tundra or F-150, I will level it and put a set of wheels similar to whats in that pic. I have had people tell me the 22 MPG of the ford is BS, and it's more along the lines of 17 with a level and keeping it below 70. Of course these tests are done on flat surfaces at 65. I fell in love with the Ford XLT Roush package. Sweet a** truck without the insurance rape. If you've never seen them check them out. I actually went to buy one last week at a Ford dealer. They attempted the "bait & switch" tactic. Wanted to add $13,750 to the price for the roush package in addition to the advertised price.

If I'm towing a boat I'm going Ford all the way. Their towing features are awesome. The ecoboost out performs the V-8 (5l, coyote, same motor as the mustang gt). If you get the towing package, it has the integrated brake module and all these features like downhill brake assist. Toyota trucks are fine vehicles but there is a reason they are the most popular trucks on the road.

I'm scared of the 3.5 Eco. My buddy almost got killed by this thing. Apparently if you are in a high humidity environment, the inter-cooler condensates. When you hit passing gear, It sucks that moisture into the injectors causing a misfire and the truck goes into limp mode. He was almost ran over on I40. I couldn't imagine that happening to me with a 7,000# boat behind me. He called the manufacture. They basically said we know of the problem, but we don't have a fix.

I'm obviously concerned somewhat with fuel mileage since it will be my daily driver. But whether I go with the Tundra or F-150, I will level it and put a set of wheels similar to whats in that pic. I have had people tell me the 22 MPG of the ford is BS, and it's more along the lines of 17 with a level and keeping it below 70. Of course these tests are done on flat surfaces at 65. I fell in love with the Ford XLT package. Sweet a** truck without the insurance rape. If you've never seen them check them out. I actually went to buy one last week at a Ford dealer. They attempted the "bait & switch" tactic. Wanted to add $13,750 to the price for the roush package in addition to the advertised price.
My F-150 guzzles the petro...can’t see the Tundra being worse. When I bought my daughter her Kia Soul, they tried to slap on that snake oil gap insurance for an additional $5000...really desperate.

I'm scared of the 3.5 Eco. My buddy almost got killed by this thing. Apparently if you are in a high humidity environment, the inter-cooler condensates. When you hit passing gear, It sucks that moisture into the injectors causing a misfire and the truck goes into limp mode. He was almost ran over on I40. I couldn't imagine that happening to me with a 7,000# boat behind me. He called the manufacture. They basically said we know of the problem, but we don't have a fix.
My nephew has the ecoboost and he loves it. I have the v-8 and it's a beast. Gots a mean roar behind it too. I have a 3" leveling kit on it as well. Mine has all the bells and whistles. That birds eye view is cool. Projects an image as if you were above of the whole truck. It has cameras all around the truck so you can see if you are going to bump something. The trailer towing package is awesome, it even tells you when a light is out on your trailer.

Last edited:
Reactions: T Dog
My F-150 guzzles the petro...can’t see the Tundra being worse. When I bought my daughter her Kia Soul, they tried to slap on that snake oil gap insurance for an additional $5000...really desperate.

Why is dealing with a dealership so fricking ridiculous? After 4 hours of BS, you finally move along to paperwork, and then you go into the round of BS add ons they hammer you with. Extended warranties are scam, so is all of the other BS they sale. I will say GAP is a very good product if you are at 120% or higher LTV. But people need to buy it from a credit union for $400 instead of getting raped at the dealer.

Yea, they like to drink. I average 15mpg. It will do slightly better on highway trips.

My nephew has the ecoboost and he loves it. I have the v-8 and it's a beast. Gots a mean roar behind it too. I have a 3" leveling kit on it as well. Mine has all the bells and whistles. That birds eye view is cool. Projects an image as if you were above of the whole truck. It has cameras all around the truck so you can see if you are going to bump something. The trailer towing package if awesome, it even tells you when a light is out on your trailer.
What year and model do you have? What fuel mileage are you getting as well?

*Edit I see you told Butchna.

I'm obviously concerned somewhat with fuel mileage since it will be my daily driver. But whether I go with the Tundra or F-150, I will level it and put a set of wheels similar to whats in that pic. I have had people tell me the 22 MPG of the ford is BS, and it's more along the lines of 17 with a level and keeping it below 70. Of course these tests are done on flat surfaces at 65. I fell in love with the Ford XLT Roush package. Sweet a** truck without the insurance rape. If you've never seen them check them out. I actually went to buy one last week at a Ford dealer. They attempted the "bait & switch" tactic. Wanted to add $13,750 to the price for the roush package in addition to the advertised price.
Buy the truck then buy a POS car that gets you there and back for the gas mileage. That's what I do.

Reactions: T Dog and BAJAvol
Whay do ya'll think of the Ram diesel
That was all my father-in-law would buy for the longest time but now he is switching out the engines to powerstrokes in all 3 of his trucks, I think because he is bored to be honest.

If they are still putting the cummins in them, it's probably a solid truck. Just not a fan of the Ram cab config
As far as I know they are still doing Cummings. The newer ones have really improved design in cab. Lonestar edition with turbo diesel ismy dream truck.

Which model has all of those features like the moon roof. Is that lariat and up?
It's a Lariat with the fx4 package. I don't know of an option it doesn't have. Another cool feature is the adaptive cruise. You set the cruise and it will slow down and speed up as other vehicles in front of you do. You can even set the following distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back