Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shaved mine once 6 years ago and I'll never do it again. Looks like when you shave a dogs arse.
Lol, my husband had just grown a beard right before our first date. I mentioned I liked it. He's not shaved it off in 37 years. He's says it is because I said that. I suspect it's because he's afraid to.

Lol, my husband had just grown a beard right before our first date. I mentioned I liked it. He's not shaved it off in 37 years. He's says it is because I said that. I suspect it's because he's afraid to.
My wife looked at me and grimaced when I shaved mine. That can’t be good, right? So I’m growing it back out as quick as possible

Can someone explain to me why Knoxville is so damn high on everything. Every time I have to purchase an expensive item, I end up driving 4+ hours to save at least $5,000. Bought my current truck in North Augusta, SC. Bought my boat in Louisville, KY. It's stupid.
Bought a 20' Bullet Bass Boat North of Atlanta for 10k. Came back to Tennessee and the same boat was listed at 16k.

Bought a 20' Bullet Bass Boat North of Atlanta for 10k. Came back to Tennessee and the same boat was listed at 16k.

Looked at my Frontier in Knoxville area and they wanted $26,900 for it. Wouldn’t move on it. Had 25,000 miles on it. Bought the same truck, year, color, model and 10,000 less miles in Augusta for $20,000 out of the door. I’m dealing with a dealer in Chattanooga right now. A 2018 they’ve set on for a year (new). I asked them to take away the price gouging “lift package” and I’d buy it. Won’t move on it. They have 8 of them just different colors.

Reactions: rekinhavoc
hmm if the same cars are being bought and sold at vastly different prices in different markets, then you have arbitrage. Buy, drive, sell, profit.

Reactions: GoVolsDR
hmm if the same cars are being bought and sold at vastly different prices in different markets, then you have arbitrage. Buy, drive, sell, profit.
It's why it is important for consumers to do their research. And it helps to have a big family like VolNation to help out with knowledge of better deals and such.

Reactions: Paper_Towel
They’re not moving them here. They just refuse to come down. I dealt with this on a tundra this weekend. Showed the dealer the same damn truck (year, color, model, trim, miles) in Nashville for $5,200 less and 6,400 less in Charlotte NC. They got this thing listed at max NADA clean retail. Also refused to discount their ridiculous $649 doc fee so I walked. Eff Knoxville car dealers and their price gouging asses.

Reactions: GoVolsDR and T Dog
They’re not moving them here. They just refuse to come down. I dealt with this on a tundra this weekend. Showed the dealer the same damn truck (year, color, model, trim, miles) in Nashville for $5,200 less and 6,400 less in Charlotte NC. They got this thing listed at max NADA clean retail. Also refused to discount their ridiculous $649 doc fee so I walked. Eff Knoxville car dealers and their price gouging asses.
There are so many dealers in the area, you'd think there would be serious competition.

collusion is real. and why not? They know most consumers put about as much thought into car buying as buying new shoes. And so many buy on credit, they also have price inelasticity

Reactions: GoVolsDR
I want a red Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro but my current 4Runner only has 150k miles on it and is paid off.

Wants. Needs. Meh.

Reactions: BAJAvol
Oh tonight I found out a high school friend I lost touch with immediately after graduation is in jail in FL for attempted murder. I’ve not kept stats but in my graduating class, at least one friend died of an overdose, one killed another classmate in a car accident, one killed his wife’s uncle and served time, and then this guy.

Been 23 years since I graduated and I can close my eyes and have good memories involving each of those people. Damn how life turns out for some.

Oh tonight I found out a high school friend I lost touch with immediately after graduation is in jail in FL for attempted murder. I’ve not kept stats but in my graduating class, at least one friend died of an overdose, one killed another classmate in a car accident, one killed his wife’s uncle and served time, and then this guy.

Been 23 years since I graduated and I can close my eyes and have good memories involving each of those people. Damn how life turns out for some.
In Memphis that's called Friday night

collusion is real. and why not? They know most consumers put about as much thought into car buying as buying new shoes. And so many buy on credit, they also have price inelasticity

100% fact. And it's because people will pay whatever most of the time if it's what they want. I'm not a moron, so I show around in different markets to find the price that I want on big ticket items.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back