Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackcrevol

Well Known Member
I’ll stand by that. Best season ever. Bonds saw like 95 strikes all season and hit 73 out.

Yeah if Ruth/Williams/Mays fill in the blank had juiced they might have had a better season but they didn’t.
bc they didnt cheat.

cheaters dont belong in same sentence as legends.

Glitch

Have a cheagle ride and a cup of shut up.
Yep. Not surprised. I’d venture to guess that @Glitch was right when he predicted the actual death numbers of covid are actually around 40k, and the vast majority of them are people in nursing homes.
Yeah. If even that high. Never let a good crisis go to waste.

Crazy Ivan

Thick as a Brick
Clay Travis, Esq. Part Time blowhard & full time **** spewer.
To be fair, Clay at least provided links to support what he said, which automatically makes him a better journalist than anyone at CNN, MSNBC, etc., who apparently expect you to just take their word for it.

T Dog

If you Axe me a question, I will call the cops
To be fair, Clay at least provided links to support what he said, which automatically makes him a better journalist than anyone at CNN, MSNBC, etc., who apparently expect you to just take their word for it.
We could just eliminate the free press, be like Russia, China, N. Korea, Irian.

SSVol

Opinionated Old Guy
Clay clearly doesn't know how to read a report. The seasonal flu mortality for the 2019 season was estimated (by the CDC) to be 0.0126% of symptomatic flu illnesses in those aged 0-49. The most likely scenario of the 5 indicated in that report was 0.05% of all cases age 0-49 (including the 35% estimated to be asymptomatic). That makes COVID-19 mortality at least 4x worse, and if you compare symptomatic to symptomatic cases (apples to apples), that raises COVID-19 to 6x more lethal than the seasonal flu among those age 0-49.

The same report he cited shows the R0 to be estimated at 2.5, which means herd immunity comes at 66%. At herd immunity, that would translate to about 73,000 deaths among those aged 0-49.

Last edited:

FerrisVol

Animals are great.
Clay clearly doesn't know how to read a report. The seasonal flu mortality for the 2019 season was estimated (by the CDC) to be 0.0126% of symptomatic flu illnesses in those aged 0-49. The most likely scenario of the 5 indicated in that report was 0.05% of all cases age 0-49 (including the 35% estimated to be asymptomatic). That makes COVID-19 mortality at least 4x worse, and if you compare symptomatic to symptomatic cases (apples to apples), that raises COVID-19 to 6x more lethal than the seasonal flu among those age 0-49.

The same report he cited shows the R0 to be estimated at 2.5, which means herd immunity comes at 66%. At herd immunity, that would translate to about 73,000 deaths among those aged 0-49.
You are consistent, Just the Facts, maam.

However, that data is a month old and doesn't include numbers since April 29. And the flu has vaccines and antiviral treatments, which cannot yet be considered for Covid-19. I wonder what these numbers will look like in a year, ole Clay may end up being correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Sponsors