Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
So let me get this straight, Boris Johnson, one of the original proponents for allowing COVID-19 to "run its course" to develop "herd immunity" but then reversed course when he saw the epidemiological studies projecting 250,000 British deaths, is in the hospital because he can't seem to recover from it after 11 days. Classic.
A person's true colors show when you seem them take joy in other people's misery.

Since you've ignored my questions, @Geaux_Vols , here's the data Clay was quoting without his name (gasp!) attached to it

IHME | COVID-19 Projections

that's all fine, but the major caveat is that those assumptions are made "with full social distancing". there are still a dozen states that still don't have shelter in place orders. don't see that happening.

which is sort of my point. travis isn't interested in having a good-faith discussion about this. he's trying to find numbers that make can make the libs look like they're freaking out over nothing.

that's all fine, but the major caveat is that those assumptions are made "with full social distancing". there are still a dozen states that still don't have shelter in place orders. don't see that happening.

which is sort of my point. travis isn't interested in having a good-faith discussion about this. he's trying to find numbers that make can make the libs look like their freaking out over nothing.
Tennessee doesn't have a shelter in place order and it's one of the States that are in a decline in predictions

which is sort of my point. travis isn't interested in having a good-faith discussion about this. he's trying to find numbers that make can make the libs look like they're freaking out over nothing.
I think he started that way but I don't think he's doing that anymore. I think he's trying to add positivity in a panicking world. He's not telling people not to social distance. He's practicing it himself and he is following the data of other countries and our own.

I think he started that way but I don't think he's doing that anymore. I think he's trying to add positivity in a panicking world. He's not telling people not to social distance. He's practicing it himself and he is following the data of other countries and our own.

that may be why i've got a bad taste in my mouth about him. sorta figured he was doing his troll schtick and just wrote him off. if its an earnest attempt to keep people calm (so long as its backed with honest data), there's nothing wrong with that. apologies for jumping on that if he's straightened out, but his track record isn't great. hope you're good.

that may be why i've got a bad taste in my mouth about him. sorta figured he was doing his troll schtick and just wrote him off. if its an earnest attempt to keep people calm (so long as its backed with honest data), there's nothing wrong with that. apologies for jumping on that if he's straightened out, but his track record isn't great. hope you're good.
He's definitely a guy who likes to poke the bear. Which I normally enjoy and I agree with a lot of his takes, tho he's a social liberal and I'm a conservative. But he's normally just a guy who has common sense takes that I appreciate. But I can understand why some don't like him. I am well, hope you are too

He's definitely a guy who likes to poke the bear. Which I normally enjoy and I agree with a lot of his takes, tho he's a social liberal and I'm a conservative. But he's normally just a guy who has common sense takes that I appreciate. But I can understand why some don't like him.

is he socially liberal? i've never gotten that read from him. granted, i blocked him a long time ago for his incessant trolling bc so many UT fans retweet him, so i guess i wouldn't really know lol.

Yes he is socially liberal.

You don't like Clay, but this is the kind of stuff that drives me nuts, Geaux: Dem lawmaker wants Trump prosecuted at international court for 'crimes against humanity'

i hear you, but they quote a state senator from ohio and made it sound like that's the consensus of the caucus. of course dems think he's doing a bad job and want to beat him in november, but this article is just to incite people into anger. like, who cares what a state senator is saying?

anyway, you've got yours, i've got mine. this seems like an insanely corrupt thing to do, but its all in the way we see things. i'm sure you don't think so.

Trump fires intelligence community watchdog who defied him on whistleblower complaint

i've noticed i'm a lot happier when i can keep myself from engaging in rage politics. better for my blood pressure. whatever happens will happen (cue the calm monkey gif), us getting at each other isn't going to solve ****. so i'm going to start trying to resist the bait, but it might be good to unplug a little bit on this stuff. just a friendly suggestion.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
i hear you, but they quote a state senator from ohio and made it sound like that's the consensus of the caucus. of course dems think he's doing a bad job and want to beat him in november, but this article is just to incite people into anger. like, who cares what a state senator is saying?

anyway, you've got yours, i've got mine. this seems like an insanely corrupt thing to do, but its all in the way we see things. i'm sure you don't think so.

Trump fires intelligence community watchdog who defied him on whistleblower complaint

i've noticed i'm a lot happier when i can keep myself from engaging in rage politics. better for my blood pressure. whatever happens will happen (cue the calm monkey gif), us getting at each other isn't going to solve ****. so i'm going to start trying to resist the bait, but it might be good to unplug a little bit on this stuff. just a friendly suggestion.
I would feel better if I knew when this thing was ending. If the projections today are any indication, we should be back to normal mid may early June. I want to see that light at the end of the tunnel. I need baseball back

lol esteemed epidemiologists, clay travis and candice owens.
Clay already said this would peek 2 weeks ago in the US. Certified epidemiology and data forecaster license revoked.

He's such a predictable goon. He will end up on 1 side, without a doubt, every single time. It's whatever side his demo base of bros wants to be angry about.

you should watch the netlfix doc about him. its really super impressive. dude has devoted the last part of his life to actually make the world a better place for everyone.
It was very impressive. Guy is 100% devoted to finding real solutions to real problems for the worst-off in the world. The African toilet thing...something nobody even thinks about but affects a big portion of the 3rd world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back