Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Political finger pointing is just about the last thing we need right now.

Most everyone he had been arguing with, moved their's to the off topic.
He doesn't seem to be arguing back as much as just trying to post where he gets the most views. And it's all been political. Hope everyone just ignores it until he gets bored.

So let me get this straight, Boris Johnson, one of the original proponents for allowing COVID-19 to "run its course" to develop "herd immunity" but then reversed course when he saw the epidemiological studies projecting 250,000 British deaths, is in the hospital because he can't seem to recover from it after 11 days. Classic.

I've really gotten into investing lately. I don't know much, but thinking about putting in 2000 bucks and opening a fidelity account. Always been fascinated with the concept. Hmmm
Do you want to have access to the funds or are you thinking retirement?

Nothing wrong with doing so, though with $2000 you have limited options if you are wanting to do full-fledged individual stock buying (not that this is really advisable starting out anyway). Research shows you want a basket of 25-30 stocks to be diversified.

So, it is more efficient starting out to buy an index, which you could get into for the price of 1 trade, or even $0 for certain ETFs and index funds that are partnered with Fidelity. Instant diversity and low cost.

The problem with both being diversified and buying individual stocks is that the price of transaction costs is a huge burden to overcome with a smaller portfolio. Say you get $7 trades and go on the low end of 25 stocks for your portfolio. Ok, you're diversified. That's good, but that is $175 just to get started. That is 8.75% of your portfolio you are starting behind. It's a scalability issue.

Now...if you just want to throw caution to the wind and ride on a few stocks, you can, but that is not advisable either. If one company goes kaboom, well there goes 50% or 25% etc of your portfolio.

Hope this helps.
Thank you this is helpful!

Reactions: Devo182
You want the numbers to be what the gubment predicted? That's pretty heartless geaux

if we're going to have this discussion here, i'd prefere it come from people who know what they're talking about. neither clay travis (LOL) or candice owens are that.

if we're going to have this discussion here, i'd prefere it come from people who know what they're talking about. neither clay travis (LOL) or candice owens are that.
Are those Travis' projections?

And Candace isn't projecting anything. She's talking about the fact, and it is a fact, that the death numbers are inflated because people who die from other things but also test positive for Corona, are included as corona deaths.

Reactions: Tennessee Golfer
this crybaby **** is old, bass.
You might not like it. But it's true. Clear as day.

And, are you going to answer the question? You can come in here and insult Candace (that's how you spell Candace btw) and Clay Travis, but Travis isn't making his own projections and Candace isn't talking projections at all. So who is crying? You see their names and lose it!

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back