Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like he said...
tenor.gif

That would be like taking rat poison because I heard that warfarin what's good for preventing clot problems
Lots of things you can fix, stupid is not one of those. Just take the warning labels off everything and let it sort itself out. 🤷‍♂️ Natural selection

If I hear “uncertain times” one more time....

Nothing “uncertain” about sucking!

why would that be? Won't all these people who mainly work in service industries, get rehired?
You would hope so. But many are losing business as well. I’m not sure things just bounce back from that type of job loss. You’re talking about 30-40 million unemployed

You would hope so. But many are losing business as well. I’m not sure things just bounce back from that type of job loss. You’re talking about 30-40 million unemployed

All they have to do is apply for the payroll insurance offered by the feds. It's not hard. I have a buddy that is getting 92k next week to cover payroll. If you have the will, there is always a way.

Then a second Great Depression, worse than the first, is coming

Some of those who lost jobs are temporary. For instance, our city laid off a bunch of people for a lack of revenue. But these are jobs that are necessary once the city facilities are back open. Yea, it’s not good, but there will be immediate jobs once everything is back.

Some of those who lost jobs are temporary. For instance, our city laid off a bunch of people for a lack of revenue. But these are jobs that are necessary once the city facilities are back open. Yea, it’s not good, but there will be immediate jobs once everything is back.
Good

All they have to do is apply for the payroll insurance offered by the feds. It's not hard. I have a buddy that is getting 92k next week to cover payroll. If you have the will, there is always a way.
That is all well and good. I know. I have gone well up and beyond what I "could have done" for my employees. What about my expenses? I don't mind losing money to keep my employees employed, but what about the expenses of keeping my business open?

I paid my payroll out of my pocket. Not the Gov'ts.

I was a sacrificial lamb on here a couple of weeks ago, for being selfish and keeping my employees...employed.

Well now they are not...and you will pay for it, not me.

That is all well and good. I know. I have gone well up and beyond what I "could have done" for my employees. What about my expenses? I don't mind losing money to keep my employees employed, but what about the expenses of keeping my business open?

I was a sacrificial lamb on here a couple of weeks ago, for being selfish and keeping my employees...employed.

hate you had to let people go. no sense in the calloused persona. we understand the business world. i do hope it all works out for you. these are all unprecedented times.

Reactions: BaldBiker
hate you had to let people go. no sense in the calloused persona. we understand the business world. i do hope it all works out for you. these are all unprecedented times.
Sorry. Did not mean for my post to sound so calloused. Ok, maybe I subconsciously did, but was meant to say...there is a lot more to businesses staying g open or closed than what people talk about on here.

Just because we're saying that we are keeping our employees working, doesn't mean we don't understand the ramifications of this pandemic.

I felt I should respond again to this.

I have always liked you as a poster. I do not feel any different about you because...we may or may not...agree on this point.

You keep posting your opinions...I'll respect your opinions. I'll post mine.

We're both TN football fans. We will always have that in common.

But as long as you qualify for the size of the business, the government will pay for it for 2 months. If you get the payroll expenses, then you can use your savings/own money for other expenses. You have to keep everyone on though, and I think that has to be done by June 30. I think the max is $10 million, which is significant. I’m not a financial guy though, and I assume your accountant will know more.

Reactions: BaldBiker
Thank you for the likes Jack. I feel too many people take too many things personally on here. We are all Vol fans...and on THIS board...that is the one thing that should be the presssidennce.

If you want to go beyond that, find the proper forum.
I am genuinely and sincerely praying for this Country. Everyone, small or large. Period.

But as long as you qualify for the size of the business, the government will pay for it for 2 months. If you get the payroll expenses, then you can use your savings/own money for other expenses. You have to keep everyone on though, and I think that has to be done by June 30. I think the max is $10 million, which is significant. I’m not a financial guy though, and I assume your accountant will know more.
Yes. And is probably good talk for most people... I chose not to go this route. I paid my employees out of my own pocket. I'm betting on the long term ramifications....loyal employees to me...not the government.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back