Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can also deregulate or regulate. I deal with people with a lot of money, and all have told me they invest or divest based on policy promoted by the Whitehouse. Some presidents are business freindly, some are not. Believe what you want. Sometimes the numbers don't tell the true story.

Reactions: GiggerVol
Were they alarmists when calling Trump a racist and freaking out when the travel bans on China, Italy, etc were issued? Were they alarmists when Rachel Madcow was mocking the president for saying the big naval hospital was ordered to NY harbor and saying it would be there quickly and her laughing and saying it would be 3 or 4 weeks before it would get there? It was there and ready to accept patients in 9 days. And then there's the great example of the speaker Pelosi holding up the 2T relief bill for 3 or 4 days extra so she could push tons of pork into it that had nothing to do with helping the average american, while at the same time making utterly ridiculous comments that the President had blood on his hands. Give me a freaking break!

Truth free zone here.

Were they alarmists when calling Trump a racist and freaking out when the travel bans on China, Italy, etc were issued? Were they alarmists when Rachel Madcow was mocking the president for saying the big naval hospital was ordered to NY harbor and saying it would be there quickly and her laughing and saying it would be 3 or 4 weeks before it would get there? It was there and ready to accept patients in 9 days. And then there's the great example of the speaker Pelosi holding up the 2T relief bill for 3 or 4 days extra so she could push tons of pork into it that had nothing to do with helping the average american, while at the same time making utterly ridiculous comments that the President had blood on his hands. Give me a freaking break!
Coronavirus Crisis & Tom Cotton: Senator Who Saw Pandemic Coming | National Review

They can also deregulate or regulate. I deal with people with a lot of money, and all have told me they invest or divest based on policy promoted by the Whitehouse. Some presidents are business freindly, some are not. Believe what you want. Sometimes the numbers don't tell the true story.
InVol, I wish I could give you 1000 likes for this statement.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
People I know with money make their own investment decisions, or play golf with their financial advisor. Most have time to do whatever they want, so, they learn the market and play as a hobby.

People I know with money make their own investment decisions, or play golf with their financial advisor. Most have time to do whatever they want, so, they learn the market and play as a hobby.
I manufacturer big, expensive toys. When we have a president that is business positive, the rich buy from me. I've had several when I'm trying to sell tell me they're not doing anything until this or that happens, usually a Presidential position. I couldn't sell water in the dessert when Obama care was being pushed through. After Obama care no one would buy because they weren't sure what else was coming down the pike. Everybody was telling me they wanted to wait and see who was going to get elected in 2016. After Trump was elected, within 6 months we had more orders than we had the previous 3 years.

I'm 100% convinced that the who the president is affects the economy.

I manufacturer big, expensive toys. When we have a president that is business positive, the rich buy from me. I've had several when I'm trying to sell tell me they're not doing anything until this or that happens, usually a Presidential position. I couldn't sell water in the dessert when Obama care was being pushed through. After Obama care no one would buy because they weren't sure what else was coming down the pike. Everybody was telling me they wanted to wait and see who was going to get elected in 2016. After Trump was elected, within 6 months we had more orders than we had the previous 3 years.

anecdotal stories about one industry just aren't indicative of the economy at large, tho im glad you're doing well.

Reactions: Devo182
That is a very narrow way to invest, ie not the way actual money managers, advisors operate. People having money doesn't mean they know squat about investing or economics. Policy is 1 macro among many. And acting so heavily on 1 thing could have led to politicized decisions such as divesting under Obama, which would have been a huge mistake. In fact, divesting over any presidential terms would have been a mistake in modern times.

People having money doesn't mean much in investing, unless they earned it that way.

anecdotal stories about one industry just aren't indicative of the economy at large, tho im glad you're doing well.
If you sell big, expensive toys, it may be indicate how comfortable the megarich are feeling. Though his clientele also sounds very homogenous and all think alike. But again, not much to do with how the entire economy did under Obama.

Basically saying, "whatever enrichens the 1%, must be good for the economy. Whatever takes from the 1%, must be bad for the economy". Hogwash.

Reactions: Geaux_Vols

I don't want to pile on here but you are also operating in a red state. Almost all the wealthy peeps in Tennessee(or other red states) are going to be right wing and think Trump is a 1%er's dream. You head to the west or east coast and you may see the wealthy wanting to throw more fliff around when Obama or a democrat is the Pres. Regardless I think that whatever policies a president puts into effect it takes a few years for them to really be felt in the economy, thus the next president is the one that takes the credit/criticism.

Last edited:
If you sell big, expensive toys, it may be indicate how comfortable the megarich are feeling. Though his clientele also sounds very homogenous and all think alike. But again, not much to do with how the entire economy did under Obama.

Basically saying, "whatever enrichens the 1%, must be good for the economy. Whatever takes from the 1%, must be bad for the economy". Hogwash.
If invol is selling to the 1%ers than he needs to pull his weight around when it comes to recruiting

I don't want to pile on here but you are also operating in a red state. Almost all the wealthy peeps in Tennessee(or other red states) are going to be right wing and think Trump is a 1%er's dream. You head to the west or east coast and you may see the wealthy wanting to throw more fliff around when Obama or a democrat is the Pres. Regardless I think that whatever policies a president puts into effect it takes a few years for them to really be felt in the economy, thus the next president is the one that takes the credit/criticism.
I deal with customers all over the United States. Talk to any mover and shaker you want to. They'll tell you the same thing.

Last edited:
That is a very narrow way to invest, ie not the way actual money managers, advisors operate. People having money doesn't mean they know squat about investing or economics. Policy is 1 macro among many. And acting so heavily on 1 thing could have led to politicized decisions such as divesting under Obama, which would have been a huge mistake. In fact, divesting over any presidential terms would have been a mistake in modern times.

People having money doesn't mean much in investing, unless they earned it that way.
LOL, OK

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back