Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been on this board for like 6 years, previously under a different name. Also, I don't see what that has to do with my comment that Cheney is like 400+ pounds and putting himself at risk.
How relevant is Chaney’s health risk on OL James Robinson’s thread in the recruitment forum?

I've been on this board for like 6 years, previously under a different name. Also, I don't see what that has to do with my comment that Cheney is like 400+ pounds and putting himself at risk.
Bet there’s a fascinating story explaining why you had to flee your other screennames. 😴

I loved the area. Bought a house there when I was in the Navy and stayed after I got out.
Gotcha. Figured Navy might be a good guess but never know for sure. Other than my 4 years in Knoxville, I’ve been in Va Beach my whole life so always curious how/why people ended up in the area.

My attempt at being fair - The biggest difference isn't the good posters, there really are several in the FF.
The difference is in the sheer amount of **** posting. No examples, facts or basis, just blurt out the most negative crap you can come up with on each subject. Like the claim of every recruit ditching us. Just throw it out there.😅

Aliens

Thanks....

A few things to ponder...

1. NO original manuscripts of any ancient historical texts from 2,000 years ago exist as far as we know.
2. Josephus' life spanned the time from around AD 40-100. He would not have known Jesus of Nazareth--the Jesus of Scripture, but he did live during the time when the NT documents were written.
However, as you mentioned, I do not claim that the copies we have of the autographs of his history have remained unchanged.

However, the same is NOT true concerning the OT and NT documents.

The extant copies of the autographs from which our English Bible translations arise have remained virtually unchanged--and are:

1. greater in number than any manuscript of any and all historical events transpiring in ancient history;
2. the time gap from the actual events and the copies of the manuscripts documenting those events is the smallest of any piece of ancient literature;
3. the sheer numbers of documents in existence of these copies exponentially DWARFS any other piece of ancient literature in existence.
4. the volumes of documents demonstrate beyond any reasonable doubt that the copies from which our English Bibles are translated are virtually the SAME as those in existence 2000 yrs ago and beyond.

One has to actually make a determined and uneducated decision to reject the Bible's legitimacy as an accurate historical record.
And it's just that simple.

If anyone actually believes Julius Caesar lived, breathed, and was murdered in the "...ides of March"--
then it would be beyond foolish to reject the historical fact that Jesus of Nazareth lived, died, and rose again as a matter of historical fact when you consider the sheer
volume of historical evidence supporting His life story.

My faith is not some abstract, unsubstantiated, ethereal idea rooted in unsubstantiated mythology--it is GROUNDED in the historical validity and veracity of the Bible as an accurate record of history!

Well done. The numbered items are proven facts, not opinions.

And I agree with your implication that since there is far less documentation to prove other ancient historical 'facts", it takes more "faith" to believe the stories of Julius Caesar than it does to believe those of Jesus as presented in the Bible. But it's interesting that some of the people who would criticize Christians for believing in Jesus, accusing them of blindly following what others say, are the same ones who accept other stories re ancient history as truth without giving it a second thought.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
My attempt at being fair - The biggest difference isn't the good posters, there really are several in the FF.
The difference is in the sheer amount of **** posting. No examples, facts or basis, just blurt out the most negative crap you can come up with on each subject. Like the claim of every recruit ditching us. Just throw it out there.😅
Agreed - there are good posters in the FF forum and I wander over there because I enjoy their posts...

Then I dash back over here!

Last edited:
Well done. The numbered items are proven facts, not opinions.

And I agree with your implication that since there is far less documentation to prove other ancient historical 'facts", it takes more "faith" to believe the stories of Julius Caesar than it does to believe those of Jesus as presented in the Bible. But it's interesting that some of the people who would criticize Christians for believing in Jesus, accusing them of blindly following what others say, are the same ones who accept other stories re ancient history as truth without giving it a second thought.
It all happened thousands of years ago, i give all of it a second thought.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back