Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a 1996 Honda Accord and drove it for 12 years. It was a junker and I thought it would last about 4 years. 12 years and 200k miles later she gave up the ghost. I paid $1000 for it. Best car I've ever owned. I'm not really one to care about top notch vehicles though. To me buying a new car is one of the worst investments you can make.

You've never driven a new challenger then. ;)

You've never driven a new challenger then. ;)
No offense but I would have found a better car to buy than that. I've known multiple people that have had the transmission go out in less than 20K miles. I like vehicles that will last for a good period of time like a Honda. :)

No offense but I would have found a better car to buy than that. I've known multiple people that have had the transmission go out in less than 20K miles. I like vehicles that will last for a good period of time like a Honda. :)

Mine works just fine but keep drivin' your little four banger.

Everyone likes nice stuff. Nice vehicles just happen to cost so much more than economic vehicles that the opportunity cost for most represents financial stress. It means McDonalds instead of steaks. It means skipping hospital visits that might ruin your life. It means retiring at 70 instead of 60. If people thought about opportunity costs when they were test driving expensive vehicles, very few people would purchase them. Spend your money where you find value. If vehicles really bring you more value than all of those other things, then by all means go buy one.

It's hard to argue this tho. They both strong AF.
When I was powerlifting I would add 5 lbs a week to my deadlift, squat. Cleans and bench was a little slower, usually got one or two more reps with same weight and when I hit 7 or 8 reps then I would add 5 pounds the next week. Maybe get 5 or 6 reps with that weight and do it again till 7 or 8 reps. Wash rinse repeat. I did lots of sets and different exercises per body part spread throughout the week, and only did every muscle one time a week since I did so many sets for each. Would stay sore 4 or 5 days from breaking down the muscle so much. Then eat like 5,6 meals a day with protein shakes to.

So I know if my lil butt could do it they can. I got to max weight of 192 with low bodyfat. Of course I am 205 fat and old now lol.

Reactions: LittleVol
Weight training question. What’s a respectable 10 rep set for a 6’3” 225lb 30yo male with no injuries.

Squat. Bench Press. Deadlift. Military Press.

Weight training question. What’s a respectable 10 rep set for a 6’3” 225lb 30yo male with no injuries.

I'm 41 and bench 185 for 2 sets of 15, 205 for 2 sets 12 and finish with 225 for a set of 10

squat 185 for 2 sets of 10, 205 for 2 sets of 10 and 225 for 2 sets of 10

Dead Lift is the same as squat. sometimes I'll go heavier

I don't do military but I've gotten into kettle bells over the last year or so and have gotten some good shoulder work doing a lot of the exercises associated with those.

Reactions: LittleVol and T Dog

It all depends on if you have ever lifted before. I used to train people. Told them you are decent if you can bench own body weight. Excellent if you can do it 10 times. You have to take off some for military since smaller muscles being used. Squat and deadlift should be higher since they are the largest. At my strongest I squatted 405x8 and deadlift 435x1, bench was 335x1 max. I was 5'9 192ish but that was 4 years of steady working out. But you have to start somewhere and my Motto was "ain't nothing to it but to do it."

Reactions: LittleVol
ylksuet_d.jpg
Everyone humble bragging

I'm 41 and bench 185 for 2 sets of 15, 205 for 2 sets 12 and finish with 225 for a set of 10

I don't do military but I've gotten into kettle bells over the last year or so and have gotten some good shoulder work doing a lot of the exercises associated with those.
So you can bench press more than you can squat and deadlift?

It all depends on if you have ever lifted before. I used to train people. Told them you are decent if you can bench own body weight. Excellent if you can do it 10 times. You have to take off some for military since smaller muscles being used. Squat and deadlift should be higher since they are the largest. At my strongest I squatted 405x8 and deadlift 435x1, bench was 335x1 max. I was 5'9 192ish but that was 4 years of steady working out. But you have to start somewhere and my Motto was "ain't nothing to it but to do it."
Is that normal to be able to squat 405 for 8 and only deadlift 435 or is something wrong with me? I can deadlift 400, but only squat 315 once much less 8 times.

I’m 61 and do multiple reps of 12 oz curls daily

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back