Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's true, but the COL drill isn't really representative of any really game type of situation besides maybe 4th and inches for interior guys.

Not at all. They'll be half manning the guy at times to set the edge. Trey Smith winning was bigger for me. Showed the raw power to play right now. Kongbo has played ball at DT for us. I bet he finds the edge play a lot easier than dealing with the trash inside.

Reactions: 1 person
8:27 to go in 4th Q and UF only has 11 yards of offense and no 1st downs in 2nd half. All without 3 of our best defenders. What a game.

Last edited:
Sounds like we won't run much 4-3. Can't afford to match up a LB on a WR.

Also, it looks like the moving around for Austin Smith has been on his shoulders. He came in around 260 and lost his mobility. He put in the work to lose the weight and they slid him back to his natural position.
Sounds that way. Which is interesting since Shoop ran so much 4-3 at Vandy and PSU, even against spread teams who ran mostly 11 personnel.

I charted the defensive snaps of the 2015 PSU/OSU game and they had 3 LBs on the field 2/3 of the plays (mostly in early downs).

Makes me wonder if Shoop's evolved his scheme or if it has more to do with personnel at DB/LB.

I feel like I've waited my whole life almost to post a funny video of us railing on Florida in the offseason after actually beating them in the sport of football. I hope we dominate their asses for years to come. A 5 year streak or so would be sweet. Hey why stop there? Maybe we can beat them over and over again for decades on end until they just back away and decide to shut down football out of shame. It still wouldn't be enough.

Go big orange forever

8:27 to go in 4th Q and UF only has 11 yards of offense and no 1st downs in 2nd half. All without 3 of our best defenders. What a game.

I bet I have watched the game, especially the 2nd half, 20 times since Sept. My 1st son was born on Sept 22 and then two days later I watched us go from the valley to Mt. Everest in one football game. It was the singular best experience for me as a Vol fan. Whenever I'm have a $hit day or something I'll turn it on and it instantly makes me feel better.

Also, I like to think that the birth of my son had everything to do with the victory. lol

Loved Verne calling him "Mark Shoop," getting corrected by Gary, and then calling him "Barb Shoop."

For years I have firmly believed that Verne would have a couple LIITs before every game he announced. Started calling him Drunk Uncle Verne.

Stole this from a thread on Reddit: what is the biggest what if in the history of your team?

The most interesting answer I saw was from a Clemson fan. "What if we fired Dabo after he lost to South Carolina five straight years?"

Reactions: 2 people
So apparently the NCAA is voting on an early signing day in December this week in addition to the 10th assistant? That is a game changer. Apparently it would be the same day as the JUCO signing day.

My 10,000 post! I figured this pic represents my overall attitude about our genetically impaired neighbors to the south. I'd like to thank none of you. Y'all are miserable, rotten b*stards.

Attachments

• IMG_0502.JPG
    IMG_0502.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: 16 people
That game pretty much made the year for me. I was disappointed in our losses last year but that Florida game was worth its weight in gold.

I absolutely hate losing that game and I love when we win it.

Like you said that game was such a release of frustration.

It was fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back