Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richmond is just not who we thought he was. I don't think he becomes anything more than a depth player.

He is only a redshirt sophomore and this is his first year with a real offensive line coach. Offensive line more than any other position benefits from seniority so to write him off as a depth player at this point is beyond ridiculous.

Reactions: 6 people
Sounds like we won't run much 4-3. Can't afford to match up a LB on a WR.

Also, it looks like the moving around for Austin Smith has been on his shoulders. He came in around 260 and lost his mobility. He put in the work to lose the weight and they slid him back to his natural position.

Last edited:
Funny how folks are ignoring Kendrick in their early OL starters list. Might want to reconsider leaving off a 6' 6" 320 lbs. RS Sr. that has about 20 starts under his belt.

Austin Smith will hopefully shorten Colton Jumper's time on the field.

He just seems like he should be playing guard, not tackle, though he is tall. He's been okay, but not spectacular. I think we're all hoping that trey and Kendrick live up to the 5 star billing

I think best five would be...

LT Trey Smith
LG Jack Jones
C Thomas
RG Robertson
RT Drew Richmond

I'd switch Jones and Robertson, other than that I agree. . .

I think Robertson has to stay at LG too.

My 5 would be:

LT Richmond
LG Robertson
C J. Jones
RG Smith (if he's ready)
RT Hall

I would have Kendrick as the next in at tackle and Thomas as the next in at center (with Jones moving to guard if needed).

Mosley now out for spring. What is going on over there? I just do not understand how we keep having this many injuries. What are we doing that other teams aren't? I don't see any other team in the country with injury struggles that we have. Are he coaches doing something wrong? What's going on

Are we sure that Jack Jones isn't the backup QB? I like him, but there has to be some reason he didn't play more.

In before Mahoney sucks.

Reactions: 1 person
Good stuff.

That game is honestly one of my all time favorites as a Vol fan.

All the frustration that Butch Jones, his players, and the entire Tennessee fanbase has felt over the past 4 years and 11 years poured out onto the Gators during a 22:30 stretch.

Hurd scored with exactly 7:30 to go in the 3rd quarter, and it was just pure domination after that.

Also, his run towards the end where he dragged the pile, and then Dobbs' run afterward to go up 38-21, was a total role reversal of what we've seen vs UF so many times in the past.

Seems like we would hang around for a while, and then they would start tearing off long runs and our guys would just look helpless and completely incapable of tackling anyone.

Reactions: 3 people

tenor.gif

I'm going to re watch that game now. I almost forgot how fantastic it was.

Reactions: 3 people
All the frustration that Butch Jones, his players, and the entire Tennessee fanbase has felt over the past 4 years and 11 years poured out onto the Gators during a 22:30 stretch.

Hurd scored with exactly 7:30 to go in the 3rd quarter, and it was just pure domination after that.

Also, his run towards the end where he dragged the pile, and then Dobbs' run afterward to go up 38-21, was a total role reversal of what we've seen vs UF so many times in the past.

Seems like we would hang around for a while, and then they would start tearing off long runs and our guys would just look helpless and completely incapable of tackling anyone.

That game pretty much made the year for me. I was disappointed in our losses last year but that Florida game was worth its weight in gold.

I absolutely hate losing that game and I love when we win it.

Like you said that game was such a release of frustration.

Reactions: 2 people

I started it at the 7:30 mark to go in the 3rd a little bit ago. 12:45 to go in 4th and Jennings just burned Tabor!!!

me right now:

excited-michigan-state-band-girl-college-basketball-fan-gifs.gif

Reactions: 5 people
Anyone else see the vide of JJ trucking a staff member?

Might be the best WR we had since.. It's been awhile. RM?

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back