Recruiting Forum Football Talk XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way you eradicate disease is to develop immunity. You develop immunity by exposure.

The PC movement is accomplishing the exact opposite. It seeks to eliminate the offended by eliminating the offensive, but it is actually making us hyper sensitive to offense, thus increasing the thing it seeks to eliminate.

Wanna fix it? Stigmatize the offended, not the offensive.

Reactions: 5 people
The only way you eradicate disease is to develop immunity. You develop immunity by exposure.

The PC movement is accomplishing the exact opposite. It seeks to eliminate the offended by eliminating the offensive, but it is actually making us hyper sensitive to offense, thus increasing the thing it seeks to eliminate.

Wanna fix it? Stigmatize the offended, not the offensive.

Say phrases like man/woman up, and grow a pair.

Reactions: 1 person
Isn't there a point at which people should be expected to grow a thicker skin? ...Isn't that point the so-called 'Terrible Twos', when you learn that life isn't just going to cave to your demands whenever you bawl and scream loud enough?

"Those people are watching a movie I don't like, make them stop" is such a self-centered, juvenile demand to make. Just don't go to the movie. It's so easy to never even let this unwanted thing enter your life. But I guess it makes more sense to demand special treatment to the detriment of all of the people who wanted to see it.

Rant over.

That's hilarious. U of M sending a message that if you want to watch movies that won't offend anyone, here is your option.

Where was this group during the football season? I find watching Michigan football far more offensive.

Da Dum Chee

Last edited:
Previously coaching at Stanford I'd assume he's used to a pretty liberal environment and thinking

Stanford Is a relatively conservative University. It is home to the Hoover Institute and Condi Rice was once a provost at Stanford. A student poll conducted a few years ago found 67% of students considered themselves conservative.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Good for Harbaugh. The ridiculous political correctness in this country is ridiculous. It's a cancer.

Here's a fancy idea. If the movie offends you, DON'T GO WATCH IT. Whaaatttt? How innovative. How mind-blowingly simple and logical.

+1
And it took how long to come up with that thought...two seconds? Amazing! Is there something you don't like? Don't support it...don't ***** and moan to no end.

Last edited:
Isn't there a point at which people should be expected to grow a thicker skin? ...Isn't that point the so-called 'Terrible Twos', when you learn that life isn't just going to cave to your demands whenever you bawl and scream loud enough?

"Those people are watching a movie I don't like, make them stop" is such a self-centered, juvenile demand to make. Just don't go to the movie. It's so easy to never even let this unwanted thing enter your life. But I guess it makes more sense to demand special treatment to the detriment of all of the people who wanted to see it.

Rant over.

Bingo! I hate the filth, obscenities, vulgarity, etc., that is everywhere you turn in this world. I do as you suggest...don't look at it, dont watch it on TV. The generations after mine is in for a very rude awakening when they enter the real world one day.

Stanford Is a relatively conservative University. It is home to the Hoover Institute and Condi Rice was once a provost at Stanford. A student poll conducted a few years ago found 67% of students considered themselves conservative.

Think I confused it with Berkley.

Ehhh, relatively, yeah it's more conservative than other Universities in Northern California, but Palo Alto is most definitely an extremely liberal environment.

Good for Harbaugh. The ridiculous political correctness in this country is ridiculous. It's a cancer.

Here's a fancy idea. If the movie offends you, DON'T GO WATCH IT. Whaaatttt? How innovative. How mind-blowingly simple and logical.

No meme?

I think what's funny is that so many people here are saying "Oh you're offended by this movie? tough ****, we're doing it anyway" which is exactly what you should do.

Yet most of those same hot blooded americans are fighting tooth and nail to stop gay marriage because it offends them.

Reactions: 9 people
I think what's funny is that so many people here are saying "Oh you're offended by this movie? tough ****, we're doing it anyway" which is exactly what you should do.

Yet most of those same hot blooded americans are fighting tooth and nail to stop gay marriage because it offends them.

There is a difference between what is playing at the theater and what is legislated by government.

Reactions: 7 people

Dude its liberal. We just did a student body survey and the results definitely leaned left. You're right about the Hoover Institute though.

Edit: Issues - The Stanford Review

Last edited:

True. People just need to stay out of each other's business. Don't like American Sniper? Don't watch it.

Don't like gay marriage? Don't attend gay weddings.

Reactions: 17 people

Most who are fighting against gay marriages do so because it's beyond offensive...according to God's word, it's wrong and sinful. Also, have you seen any children raised in gay homes? I have, and to say they are confused is an understatement. There's a reason God made them man and woman. IMHO JMO TIFWIW GBO BBQ BGE

Reactions: 15 people

Even if you take religion out of it... Just from a secular point of view:

What is happening with the gay marriage movement is people are being told they MUST participate or pay the consequences. Which is completely unamerican and ridiculous.

Don't like the movie; don't go to it. Why can't that apply with the gay marriage ordeals in Indiana/Oregon/Kentucky/Washington State?
Nope. For some reason liberals can't be satisfied with the legalization of it. They have to force those who don't agree with it to view it/like it/participate in it/endorse it/keep their mouths shut/etc...

Just like with pretty much everything liberal/progressive....give them an inch they'll take a mile

Reactions: 8 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back