Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone been following the soap opera going on with UF and it's former #1 recruit, a QB named Jaden Rashada? It seems he first committed to Miami but switched to UF due to what was supposedly a $13 million NIL deal with their NIL entity. But evidently issues have come up and he has requested a release from his signing.

Miami just lost their top QB recruit so they may go after him again but how weird would that be.

$13 million, and they gave us crap over Nico.

Plus, that change alone drops UF's recruiting class ranking on 247 four slots to #17 with no QB in the class and practically no QBs on their roster. Please let this be a crashing of the UF program. .
Nope. First I've heard of it.

It might happen once.......but not twice. Not while they are a child in my home.

I grew up in a home like that and I feel I’m better for it. Nothing wrong with it. But I had friends who didn’t and they turned out to be excellent humans as well. So to me this isn’t a big deal is all. Not for 8 yr olds anyway. But to each their own.

I never realized so many parents had played in the World Series. It seemed they all were living something they wish they could have done through their kids. I quit coaching when they wanted me to coach a travel ball team. To me that wasn't kids learning and having fun by playing 65 games at age 12. I have a friend that played college ball at Cumberland and he is still close to the coaches he had and we were talking about travel ball one day. He said the college coach told him the biggest difference he sees now as opposed to 25 years ago is he gets great baseball players but few athletes, in that baseball is all they have ever done as opposed to playing every sport when they were young. Things change I guess but not always for the better.
I attended Cumberland back in 77-78 when it was still a Jr. College lol. Saw legendary coach Woody Hunt just a few days ago and got an invite in the mail just the other day for their annual fundraising breakfast coming up soon. Back when my son was six or seven yrs old, he got to serve as bat boy for one of their games. My son had been doing a bang up job. Then around the 7 th inning, I remember Cumberland had a runner on 1st or 2nd and the batter hit a gapper. My son was doing his job to go retrieve the bat not realizing there was about to be a bang-bang play at the plate. I was yelling at my son to get out of the way and how he averted being run over and possibly hurt is beyond me. He got to do it a few more games that season and the players loved him. Good times and memories.

I'm surprised that isn't reviewable too. At least that is what CRB was asking and the announcers alluded to.
That could be a the difference in a W or L at some point.

I thought that was reviewable. I think it was just outside of a minute so I'm not sure if it's only below x amount of time (maybe 1 minute). Iirc the rule came because of a bad call or no call on goaltending that was the difference in a game. I think it was an LSU game.

Looking it up briefly I think it was LSU vs. Kentucky and the Cats got screwed out of that game (not mad). They also may not have reviewed because we were up by 10 or more iirc.

Reactions: ALStateLineVol
I attended Cumberland back in 77-78 when it was still a Jr. College lol. Saw legendary coach Woody Hunt just a few days ago and got an invite in the mail just the other day for their annual fundraising breakfast coming up soon. Back when my son was six or seven yrs old, he got to serve as bat boy for one of their games. My son had been doing a bang up job. Then around the 7 th inning, I remember Cumberland had a runner on 1st or 2nd and the batter hit a gapper. My son was doing his job to go retrieve the bat not realizing there was about to be a bang-bang play at the plate. I was yelling at my son to get out of the way and how he averted being run over and possibly hurt is beyond me. He got to do it a few more games that season and the players loved him. Good times and memories.
Also, I'm sure many of you don't know this but back in its early years Cumberland was a well known and respected law school . The law school was eventually moved and is now part of the Samford University in Birmingham

One in, one out on portaling from now on. UT used up the roster spots, then lost a couple that were originally expected to go through spring football. This freed up spots to add a few more before spring. Sitting on announcements keeps the rest here through spring, when we'll see more movement from guys who're not where they want-- or where the staff wants them-- to be. So far, all good.

I never realized so many parents had played in the World Series. It seemed they all were living something they wish they could have done through their kids. I quit coaching when they wanted me to coach a travel ball team. To me that wasn't kids learning and having fun by playing 65 games at age 12. I have a friend that played college ball at Cumberland and he is still close to the coaches he had and we were talking about travel ball one day. He said the college coach told him the biggest difference he sees now as opposed to 25 years ago is he gets great baseball players but few athletes, in that baseball is all they have ever done as opposed to playing every sport when they were young. Things change I guess but not always for the better.
I played travel ball at that age for years. Too many parents and coaches there too trying way too hard. Adding and dropping kids, lying, paying for stuff, it's just a game your 10 year old isn't getting a full ride if he goes 4-4 that day.

I totally agree about specializing in one sport, at some point maybe but too many parents force kids to do it way too early. Playing multiple sports is advantageous for many reasons. Hell when I got my college offer it was for a sport I had only done since 7th grade and was just starting to figure out, I had played baseball for a lot longer and would've never sniffed an offer. Plus it leads to burnout which isn't good either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back