Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
At best, I was a casual Titans' fan. Far, far from a die hard. So it's not that hard to look at this from a non-fan perspective. They're going about rebuilding all wrong IMO. And it wasn't just the Levis pick. I mean, the Levis pick was bad. A QB who has continually shown poor decision-making skills when you might not have an OL good enough to protect him is bad. But then you draft a RB with your next pick with known ACL problems? Other than their first-round pick, which I think was a good one, the rest of their draft is highly questionable. As for saying the WR they drafted had "elite" numbers at the combine, there's a reason he wasn't drafted higher. Maybe he was good value where they got him, maybe, but many fans think they should have addressed the position earlier.

Taking into account the QBs in next year's draft, which an NFL GM trying to rebuild should do, the Levis pick just looks worse IMO. OL and WR was the way to go in this draft IMO. Develop those while aiming for a better QB in next year's draft that can step in and take advantage of the groundwork you've already laid.
I was also a casual fan, mostly because of state pride. So not hard to follow a different team if I wanna follow NFL at all.

I wasn't mad because they took a UK QB. UK isn't a rival, imo and it's always good to see a bottom tier program put out some decent talent. I was pissed because they took a terrible QB, regardless of school. He could physically be a good QB, but he's an absolute idiot who makes terrible in-game decisions. They traded up to get him and could've used that pick for someone else and then used their next pick on Hooker, who is a better QB, imo. Perfect set-up for Hooker too. They have a starter and a back-up and Hooker would have time to rehab and compete in year 2.

They should've taken Hyatt in rd2 (or another wr) and Hooker in rd 3.

They are pissed about Levis…. Disappointed in overall draft but they will overreact to anything said Vrabel or the GM…. Nothing they could say would appease the fans.
But why are Vrabel and Carthon both so thin-skinned they needed to react to Twitter? An NFL Head Coach and GM - They're like the referee with rabbit ears, just had to respond.

I was also a casual fan, mostly because of state pride. So not hard to follow a different team if I wanna follow NFL at all.

I wasn't mad because they took a UK QB. UK isn't a rival, imo and it's always good to see a bottom tier program put out some decent talent. I was pissed because they took a terrible QB, regardless of school. He could physically be a good QB, but he's an absolute idiot who makes terrible in-game decisions. They traded up to get him and could've used that pick for someone else and then used their next pick on Hooker, who is a better QB, imo. Perfect set-up for Hooker too. They have a starter and a back-up and Hooker would have time to rehab and compete in year 2.

They should've taken Hyatt in rd2 (or another wr) and Hooker in rd 3.
Hyatt, Tillman, or even Mingo from Ole Miss would have been better picks IMO. Also, a couple of TEs were out there that could have helped, or more OL. Even going defense would have been better than taking a QB that has demonstrated poor decision-making skills. Especially when you consider how poorly the Titans OL played last year. Levis and a bad OL, that's just a disaster waiting to happen.

Hyatt, Tillman, or even Mingo from Ole Miss would have been better picks IMO. Also, a couple of TEs were out there that could have helped, or more OL. Even going defense would have been better than taking a QB that has demonstrated poor decision-making skills. Especially when you consider how poorly the Titans OL played last year. Levis and a bad OL, that's just a disaster waiting to happen.

Only way I'd a taken a QB in this draft class was if one fell to RD3. Titans need so much more than a QB.
'24 class is better and deeper anyway

Only way I'd a taken a QB in this draft class was if one fell to RD3. Titans need so much more than a QB.
'24 class is better and deeper anyway
I wonder if he was taken bc coaches aren’t allowed to build like that… if Tannehill still struggles to stay healthy this year…. The titans only have Willis…. Nobody gives a coach the time to rebuild a team…. It’s a win now league.

I wonder if he was taken bc coaches aren’t allowed to build like that… if Tannehill still struggles to stay healthy this year…. The titans only have Willis…. Nobody gives a coach the time to rebuild a team…. It’s a win now league.
Rumor. Just a Rumor.........CMV wasn't real high on Levis.

Reactions: BigSteve09
Quit worrying about stuff that doesn't directly affect you is a good start.
It will affect me sooner or later...at some point my beliefs and publicly espousing those beliefs will be made a hate crime. I don't want to talk about it with you because I know it is a joke to you. It is not to me, it is my life.

So I will just drop it here....I've always liked you warts and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back