Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dowell isn’t a bad pick. But Vrabel poking at Vols fans wasn’t smart. They’re in a nose dive and even the new GM doesn’t seem capable of handling a draft.

It was poking.

But also flipping the Levis tweets on its head, which I think was what he was trying to do.

Point should probably be it's silly to condense anyone's college career to 1 game against any particular opponent, regardless of direction.

I don’t understand the running back pick either……. Looks like they could have added more value at another position.
I like Spears based solely on the fact that he played at my grad school and it was delightful and funny to beat So Cal, but I was not sure this was a good place for him. 😂 And I don't understand the idea that the Titans didn't know about his knee until after he was picked: at least that's the impression the media was giving, like it was a surprise. Or maybe I heard it wrong. Anyway, he does catch the ball well. Maybe Tyjae is their secret WR? 😂

Reactions: volbeast33
It was poking.

But also flipping the Levis tweets on its head, which I think was what he was trying to do.

Point should probably be it's silly to condense anyone's college career to 1 game against any particular opponent, regardless of direction.
I don’t think he achieved what he was hoping. You could just continue with did you see what JH did against AL? But the comments on Twitter are all about Levis against Tennessee and how Tennessee could have shut this WR down if that had been the goal. But points allowed and playing time for backups was the goal.

I don’t think he achieved what he was hoping. You could just continue with did you see what JH did against AL? But the comments on Twitter are all about Levis against Tennessee and how Tennessee could have shut this WR down if that had been the goal. But points allowed and playing time for backups was the goal.
Agreed. His point wasn't wrong conceptually, but taken literally...well what you said.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
You’ve indicated you’re not impressed with their draft, so if they agree with you are they “overreacting”?
They are pissed about Levis…. Disappointed in overall draft but they will overreact to anything said Vrabel or the GM…. Nothing they could say would appease the fans.

Only the NCAA can allow more bowl games, not ESPN.

And 🙏 they decided to keep them at the same number last year....for now 😆
rolling-eyes.gif

Btw, (vis a vis Levis) Henry is proof positive that Vol Titan fans don't care where a player is from if he can play. Henry is a Vol Titan fan favorite.
All the Titans fans will be eating bananas dipped in Mayo if Levis becomes an elite NFL qb…. If the Titans had drafted Trent Richardson instead of Henry…. It would be a different story.

They are pissed about Levis…. Disappointed in overall draft but they will overreact to anything said Vrabel or the GM…. Nothing they could say would appease the fans.
That’s every fanbase. Lot of fallout from the Bears faithful for passing on Carter for Wright…enough see the wisdom but the loudest get the responses. You don’t APPEASE…you build the team and if it works, they find the next windmill. Carthon and Vrabel are handling the reality of fandom very badly with their defensiveness and projecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back