Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird question, but I thought I'd ask. . . my grandma worked at TSD (Tennessee School for the Deaf). She always said there are a lot more deaf people in the world than you realize.

I was thinking about that this morning and it occurred to me that I've never heard any of your voices, just your posts. I think it's wild how you can get an idea of someone's personality just through what you post.

So, the question is. . . are any of you deaf?
Huh?

Weird question, but I thought I'd ask. . . my grandma worked at TSD (Tennessee School for the Deaf). She always said there are a lot more deaf people in the world than you realize.

I was thinking about that this morning and it occurred to me that I've never heard any of your voices, just your posts. I think it's wild how you can get an idea of someone's personality just through what you post.

No, but I am completely blind.

I hate these buy games already. The last thing I want to see is one for the bowl game. No chance I'd spend a ton of money to go see a game against a G5 team.
Tulane will be 11-2 with a road win @ KSU. They're a pretty good team, but ultimately I agree it's hard to wake up for this game. Tulane/ UCF will show up like it's their super bowl.

That's what my wife tells me

Maybe I'm wrong, but I wouldn't expect fans to travel all that well. The feeling of being slighted and a boring matchup. Bleh

You're completely wrong. Our fanbase getting to attend a NY6 bowl for the first time ever and even if it's the Cotton Bowl that's one of the best stadiums in the NFL and worth a trip just to experience a game there.

Well, buckle up. Because in the next few weeks:
- we’ll be shoehorned into the Cotton Bowl, despite deserving the Sugar Bowl;
- our beloved senior QB will be left out of the Heisman ceremony because he got hurt and missed one game; and
- Hyatt will lose the Biletnikoff, despite leading the nation in basically every meaningful receiving statistic.

Gonna be a lot of hate to dish out.

He will win the fan vote, but they will screw him over on the actual award for sure.
1669917320897.png

Also if you're a player I'd say Sugar Bowl and Cotton Bowl got the two best stadiums of the 3 being discussed. Those are big time places to play at the professional level and would personally be where I would want to play to end the season (if not in the CFP).

Kind of sucks for the other bowls though. Rose Bowl has the ability to pick when the Sugar Bowl and the Orange Bowl are obligated to take the highest ranked teams from their tie-in conferences.

So the committee is forcing Bama on them if Bama doesn't make the CFP by putting them ahead of us. Which basically creates the same argument that the Rose Bowl is wanting to use for not picking Ohio State "their fanbase will be apathetic and not want a repeat destination"

Alabama has the most Sugar Bowl appearances and more of their players are likely going to opt-out to focus on draft and avoid injury than a hungry (and young) TN team that would be making their first appearance there in 3 decades.

Also Clemson vs Ohio State in the Orange bowl being their 3rd matchup in 4 years I'm sure won't ALSO create apathy from the fanbases of both schools... (eye roll)

Reactions: UTProf
If we don't go to the Orange Bowl, I'm burning something down.

I don't even know why people are discussing other bowls. We owe Clemson an ass whipping and it needs to be done in the Orange Bowl!!

10 minutes after we are announced to the Cotton Bowl, @BaldBiker's neighbor will be making a phone call.....
she-shed-state-farm.gif

If we don't go to the Orange Bowl, I'm burning something down.

I don't even know why people are discussing other bowls. We owe Clemson an ass whipping and it needs to be done in the Orange Bowl!!

You watch...Utah will upset USC, Ohio State will be in the CFP and then the Orange Bowl will be ours...then Clemson will get beaten by UNC and Dabo will evade us for another year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back