Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
What minute was this play and I will go back and look at it….. I looked to see how many penalties were called every game and we were one of the least penalized teams…. I don’t think anyone is doing anything deliberately against us…. Especially not in a game against Vandy….Everyone talks about sankey doing things for Bama…. If that was the case then the officials could have easily let the pass interference go that they called that helped us upset Bama.
Not sure...but the easiest way to screw a defense up is to let holding like this go. It killed us last week...and that is a fact, but maybe it was because it was a SC home game.

And that play against Alabama was textbook PI...period.

It's really shocking to me that people don't see it when a similar thing happened to our HC. Heup was given orders from Stoops to run the ball at Okie, so he did. A run first, pass second O scheme. Then he's let go for doing it when Stoops needed a scapegoat for his brother's incompetency. Heup goes to Mizzou and flips them into a scoring machine as OC who puts up 50+ against us in his second season. Satterfield just hung 63 on us in his second season.

I'm not saying Satterfield is as good as Heup. I'm saying he's a good OC, a lot better than people give him credit.

Most on her would have loved to had Rhule as HC and thought the UN hire of him was a good one. Matt Rhule had him at OC at Temple. Rhule leaves for Baylor, Satterfield gets the opportunity to be a HC at TN Tech near home, not realizing its totally messed up. Gets canned, Matt hires him at Baylor. Matt leaves for the Panthers. He takes Satterfield with him. As a HC you don't hire a guy three times in college and pro that has not proven he is a good coach because there are too many other options. out there. At that point Satterfield has tons of experience. Beamer's a bud, gets hired at USCe, hires Satterfield. Beamer's trajectory is just one year behind Heup's. We better be paying attention, hypester or not. Beamer just proved something and they were not flukes.
I call 🦬💩 on it wasnt a fluke...it was an ambush. We prepared for a totally different offense along with several other crappy problems that came up. Do you think if the team played them again now that it would go the same?...hell no it wouldn't.

Simple question..would you trade Heupel for Beamer...no way in f'n hell. You don't forget all the crap games just because of a couple of good ones with extenuating circumstances...they barely freaking beat Georgia State for craps sake.

Last edited:
Would all my praying Vols please pray for my husband and me (object of a preposition so use object pronoun me not I…lol drives me crazy)? Anyway, we’re just dragging and coughing. I would appreciate it!!! Felt too bad too get on much this week. Sure have not felt like forming sentences. Hoping this makes sense. Especially my “me” joke.
😘🙏

I call 🦬💩 on it wasnt a fluke...it was an ambush. We prepared for a totally different offense along with several other crappy problems that came up. Do you think if the team played them again now that it would go the same?...hell no it wouldn't.

Simple question..would you trade Heupel for Beamer...no way in f'n hell. You don't forget all the crap games just because of a couple of good ones with extenuating circumstances...they barely freaking beat Georgia State for craps sake.

Nope, Heup's my guy all the way. He appears to always keep learning and working. Love that about him and that he is an innovator. Beamer's a hype guy that can recruit. But to say his staff did not develop a bunch of no names into a top 25 in his second season is not seeing reality. He also brought daddy's special teams expertise with him.

It was more that he learned to get out of the way of his staff and let the players play. He was the one holding them down and if it continued it would tank. But he did let go. So Carolina will go as well as they can recruit and retain quality staff.

If we have learned anything this season in the SEC, it's that on any given Saturday...

Reactions: Orange Studs
We won 10 regular season games this year

Remember when it took us two freaking seasons to win 10 games? 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013. Thank god they seem so long ago now.

Yep. Also - remember those lists that said Tennessee and Vandy were the only SEC teams without a 10-win season since 2007? Yeah, neither do I. Go Vols!

No way..what would you say if I told you that, and the only reason we weren't 11-1 and in the playoffs is because SC dropped 63 on us in the second to last game after them being close to the bottom of the SEC in offense all year?
I'd question you after saying we'd be 10-2, I would've called you a full of crap troll after telling me the SC result.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back