Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
The veer and shoot, when executed properly, still hasn't been figured out. And Heupel seems to have better command of it than anyone since Art Briles.

I don't see how anyone is going to stop us once we have a full roster of Heupel's players and are no longer susceptible to games like last Saturday.
Just need better defensive players and our defensive staff to not be susceptible to being completely bamboozled like they were last week, and our defensive roster not falling completely apart because the main LB is out.

This is what many fail to realize. As fast as we score teams are going to pass on us and we are going to play lots of players. Defense will be on the field a lot. If we average 45 plus, but only give up 25, we are going to win a bunch of games. As we build depth on defense and get better players, we will start winning championships.
I just hope our defensive staff doesn't get completely bamboozled like that ever again.

That game was an obvious one off to anybody with any common sense...a total fluke.

Auburn fans trying to Schiano the Freeze hire. I guess they don’t want to win.

I know Freeze is a POS but this board wanted him two years ago before we hired Heupel, because we know he’s a solid coach and would have had UT winning.

There’s not a better proven coach out there that wants the Auburn job.
Wow..AU fans are really the ones behind it getting stalled? That actually shocks me..😳

I figured they would be crapping their drawers over the chance to get Freeze...

Your wife? Not you??

When my sister got married, she turned to my dad right before he walked her down the aisle and said, "I love you, daddy". He bawled the entire way down the aisle.
When I walked my baby girl down the aisle back in September my knees were hurting so bad that I was just trying my best not to wobble ridiculously...I basically look like a penguin walking anymore..lol.

Man I am so excited to see who we add through the portal. Looking at what USC did this year via the portal… man. So much opportunity to take things to the next level
I am too
But
Some posters on here make it sound like we won’t get anyone bc our NIL sucks and if you don’t donate your not a true fan

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Doubtful but you never know. Honestly, I’ve always enjoyed watching my daughters take steps into adulthood. Things like this don’t make me cry, we’ve raised our girls to be independent and to take steps to become a more whole person.
I told my girl I was too happy that she found a good man instead of a loser to cry.

I have been extremely blessed with 2 good son-in-laws...it is remarkable what a giant load it takes off of a fathers mind and heart when that happens.

What would you say back in August if I told you we would finish the regular season @ 10-2 and rank #7 in the nation?
No way..what would you say if I told you that, and the only reason we weren't 11-1 and in the playoffs is because SC dropped 63 on us in the second to last game after them being close to the bottom of the SEC in offense all year?

College Football Stats - College FB Team Opponent Points per Game | TeamRankings.com

We finished top 40 overall….. top 5 in the SEC….. top 26 in power 5 teams in points per game allowed….. Amazing job by our defense facing as many possessions/plays that they faced during the season. On a funny side note…. The big ten had 6 teams in the top 11 so you know that they have zero offense in that conference.
It truly wasn't a bad scoring defense. Just one really awful game. Besides that, not much to complain about scoring wise. But the yards also tell a story that we may have been dodging the bullets quite often. Part of that was also all the TOs. That suddenly didn't happen vs USCjr. Nor did they wait to get to the RZ and face our RZ defense. They were taking their shots from further.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back