Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, it is and it isn't. There has always been an army of miserable waiting for us to trip up so they can come in here and sow filth and discord. Some folks want to be miserable and they want others to be as miserable as they are because in some twisted way that makes them feel better about their own misery.

This is the kind of " holier than thou" BS that chaps my A$$. I and others have cheered for this team longer than you have been alive. In that time, we have seen our team play for 1 national championship. Just 1. We had the opportunity to play for another one by beating two bad teams. Instead of handling business, we went into the game thinking we could win based on our ranking. Many of us are upset with the coaches and the players. In 40-50 years after us old grumpy people are dead; you will look back on this game and wonder how they could be so stupid to lose to that SC team. Maybe we don't get another chance at a championship in the next 40-50 years. You never know.

When I watch our rivals when championship after championship over the last 10-15 years and we piss away our opportunity it makes me furious. If you don't like that it makes some of us mad, then too bad.

They would have scored mid 30s anyway as crappy as the defense was tackling and covering...but that dude made a bunch of throws that he has not made all year that extended 4-5 drives. That was the difference in giving up 38 and giving up 63.

Just one of those 💩ty freak things that only happen to us. Rattler won't be able to hit the broad side of a barn and Clemson will absolutely destroy them this weekend.

Once again...we made it easy for him to get in that rythym with that crap lousy gameplan.

This is the kind of " holier than thou" BS that chaps my A$$. I and others have cheered for this team longer than you have been alive. In that time, we have seen our team play for 1 national championship. Just 1. We had the opportunity to play for another one by beating two bad teams. Instead of handling business, we went into the game thinking we could win based on our ranking. Many of us are upset with the coaches and the players. In 40-50 years after us old grumpy people are dead; you will look back on this game and wonder how they could be so stupid to lose to that SC team. Maybe we don't get another chance at a championship in the next 40-50 years. You never know.

When I watch our rivals when championship after championship over the last 10-15 years and we piss away our opportunity it makes me furious. If you don't like that it makes some of us mad, then too bad.

Life is a gift. I can tell you that if I am alive in 40 years, I won’t be thinking much about the South Carolina game in 2022. It may hurt now, but my kids will grow up to have grandkids, and the sun will keep rising.

I am quite a few pages behind, but I was planning on posting something very similar. If anyone had told us at the beginning of the year that we would not only claw our way into the top 10 in year 2 of the Heupel reign, but that we would actually even be ranked number 1 in the initial CFP poll, we would have said that they were crazy. If anyone had told us at the beginning of the year that we would beat Pitt, Florida, Bama, and LSU along with blowing out KY and Mizzou while losing road games to UGA and Scar with a chance to finish the season at 10-2, we would have told them that they had lost their minds. The whole team played like a big ole pile of hot garbage on Saturday and it was obvious that their heads weren't in the game at all. However, the defense that got torched also held up an offense the struggled in the Pitt game and gave us a chance to get the W. That defense stifled LSU all game long and let the offense operate from exactly the position that they operate best from. That defense has gotten key stops in pivotal moments of games all year long and have done so with a huge deficit of talent. I am not giving anybody a pass and serious conversations need to be had about whether we have the right people in the right spots, but crapping all over a team that has given us a season that we never even truly dreamed was possible at this point in Heup's tenure is a slap in the face to everything that they accomplished this year. Feel free to do just that if you want, but I for one refuse to diminish their accomplishments and all the hard work and dedication that they have poured into this team. I was able to be in Neyland when we beat both Florida and Bama and I will be forever grateful for the opportunity to see those amazing games. Those players and coaches made that possible and I will never crap on them because they all deserve better.

Glorious. I couldn't have said it better and I've been trying to say this to myself for 3 days now and myself was like stfu and I was like dammit, listen.

Life is a gift. I can tell you that if I am alive in 40 years, I won’t be thinking much about the South Carolina game in 2022. It may hurt now, but my kids will grow up to have grandkids, and the sun will keep rising.

What does anything that you wrote have to do with the team and coaches *****ing the bed against SC? If you can't admit to yourself that the team blew an opportunity that doesn't come around often to us, then I don't know what to tell you.

Reactions: StoVol

Dude...we wouldn't even be there to have a shot if our coach had not miraculously drug us out of the abyss.

This team is so far ahead of schedule and these particular kids had zero idea how to handle the success and attention and stress this year has brought on them.

I am really mad at the defensive coaches and players for that abomination...but really I love this team and the unexpected joy they have brought me this year.

The toxic sludge you're spewing is sickening...dial it back a little. You wanna gripe at Tim Banks and Willie Martinez for what happened Saturday...go for it, I get it, but you should still have a lot of appreciation in your heart for what this whole team (including the defense) has done this year.

I know I have made some pissy posts...but I hope to goodness I don't sound as off the deep end as you.

I would rather be like Glitch than to be like you...he is a better Vol than you are.

Go be miserable somewhere else. I am 42 years old and have watched my Vols through ups and a lot of downs. Bottom line is we were never even expected to be in the discussion for the CFP this year but we were. Before the season if someone told your miserable butt that we would have even been in that discussion you would would have crapped all over that talk and said we would never be good enough this year for that. Now that we have stumbled and your wet dreams of misery have come true you are here to crap on all the great things that have happened this year. Well, I won't know if you respond to this or not because you will be on my ignore list. Enjoy wallowing in your excrement filled hole of misery.

Go Vols.

Dude...we wouldn't even be there to have a shot if our coach had not miraculously drug us out of the abyss.

This team is so far ahead of schedule and these particular kids had zero idea how to handle the success and attention and stress this year has brought on them.

I am really mad at the defensive coaches and players for that abomination...but really I love this team and the unexpected joy they have brought me this year.

The toxic sludge you're spewing is sickening...dial it back a little. You wanna gripe at Tim Banks and Willie Martinez for what happened Saturday...go for it, I get it, but you should still have a lot of appreciation in your heart for what this whole team (including the defense) has done this year.

I know I have made some pissy posts...but I hope to goodness I don't sound as off the deep end as you.

I would rather be like Glitch than to be like you...he is a better Vol than you are.

You are a top notch Vol @Ulysees E. McGill. Never sell yourself short. There is nothing wrong with wanting and demanding excellence. There is also nothing wrong with showing grace when people don't live up to our expectations. Both can happen and co-exist.

What does anything that you wrote have to do with the team and coaches *****ing the bed against SC? If you can't admit to yourself that the team blew an opportunity that doesn't come around often to us, then I don't know what to tell you.
I’m almost 50 and agree with Glitch. It’s not age, it’s maturity.

You are a top notch Vol @Ulysees E. McGill. Never sell yourself short. There is nothing wrong with wanting and demanding excellence. There is also nothing wrong with showing grace when people don't live up to our expectations. Both can happen and co-exist.
True..but Tim Banks better always do better than that..lol.

I’d speculate it’s the opposite. Top DCs don’t want to come here because Heupels offense is quick scoring and always at the bottom of time of possession. Our defense will always be on the field. Makes a DC job harder to have a good looking defense when they’re always on the field, getting tired sooner, leading to increased yards and more points allowed than they would like.

Umm, 3 and out isn’t very long on the field. Even if they go for it on 4th and you get a stop, the defense isn’t on the field that long. Allowing long drives is the problem…

True..but Tim Banks better always do better than that..lol.

I have been baffled by our defense. Some games they play out of their minds and others it looks like a monkey engaging in sexual relations with a football. It seems like a combination of coaching and players not executing. Don't know if Tim Banks is the guy or not but I also know that he is handicapped due to past recruiting and attrition. Only time will tell and Heupel will have to put on his big boy britches and make a decision in the off season.

Go be miserable somewhere else. I am 42 years old and have watched my Vols through ups and a lot of downs. Bottom line is we were never even expected to be in the discussion for the CFP this year but we were. Before the season if someone told your miserable butt that we would have even been in that discussion you would would have crapped all over that talk and said we would never be good enough this year for that. Now that we have stumbled and your wet dreams of misery have come true you are here to crap on all the great things that have happened this year. Well, I won't know if you respond to this or not because you will be on my ignore list. Enjoy wallowing in your excrement filled hole of misery.

Go Vols.
_Bob Bob_.gif

I have been baffled by our defense. Some games they play out of their minds and others it looks like a monkey engaging in sexual relations with a football. It seems like a combination of coaching and players not executing. Don't know if Tim Banks is the guy or not but I also know that he is handicapped due to past recruiting and attrition. Only time will tell and Heupel will have to put on his big boy britches and make a decision in the off season.
The Lord Of The Rings GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY.gif

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I dont think it will take a step back at all. I believe Milton is more talented that Hooker. The coaching staff thought the same thing last season. Hooker took the job and never gave it back after Miltons injury. This will be a coming out party for Milton saturday. He will throw for 450 and 5 tds rush for 80 with another TD. He will win the Heisman next season.

This is setting up to be like the 97 and 98 seasons. Peyton got us close like Hooker. Tee took us over the top like i believe Milton will do.
Tee had a defense that actually fueled that NC. Milton has a defense that's poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back