Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have evidence that every college coach that was offered a pro position accepted it?
After the 1969 season, Bryant mulled a $1.7-million offer for five seasons to coach the Miami Dolphins. The money tempted Bryant, but he remained, saying he was secure financially and would never leave Alabama just for financial reasons.

So need evidence to put 2 and 2 together? Don’t be naive. There has been plenty of college coaches that have turned down professional jobs b/c they rather stay in college. We just dont hear about all of them. Coach k and coach cal turned down nba jobs. Dont be naive. David shaw was another
IF it happens, and so far you've offered no evidence other than "I'm sure it happens it must happen," it's rare, and we shouldn't assume the exception will happen with heupel. I don't think he gets a slew of HC offers unless he's super successful next year as well, but I think it's far more naive to think someone would turn down the highest level of coaching and turn down a chance to spend infinitely more time at home with family.

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
My oldest boy has respiratory problems and breathing through his mouth is easier on him, please think before you post!

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

You cry baby whiner. People like you is what’s wrong with the world today.

Your son havinf a medical condition that makes it easier for him to breath from his mouth is completely different than someone being too stupid to breath from the mouth.

Only a mouth breather would not be able to figure that you.

After the 1969 season, Bryant mulled a $1.7-million offer for five seasons to coach the Miami Dolphins. The money tempted Bryant, but he remained, saying he was secure financially and would never leave Alabama just for financial reasons.
The fact you had to dig out an example from multiple eras ago kind of proves the point lol. Technically you answered the question, but you basically proved my point. We shouldn't expect that to happen.

Every one I've heard who got offered accepted, soooo.... Yes. 100% acceptance based on available data.

Which completely misses the point. The refused offers are rarely made public, just like college hires. Virtually everything we think we know about how Heupel was hired was rumor. The only official offer we know about for certain was his.

So Swain wants to be the voice of the Vols??

Good lord Swain would be the purest 180 from Bob that I could imagine. I mean that not in a good or bad way necessarily. Swain is just so wonderfully petty 🤣 He would be the most unabashedly biased voice of the Vols ever 😅

It would make for GREAT entertainment though.

Hot take here. I like Swain but he would be a terrible replacement for Kesling. He mumbles too much and drags his point far too long.
Yeah he'd have to be the color commentator type. He's great interjecting and rambling, but he doesn't lead conversations. But I'd 100% be for him taking on the commentator role

Good lord Swain would be the purest 180 from Bob that I could imagine. I mean that not in a good or bad way necessarily. Swain is just so wonderfully petty 🤣 He would be the most unabashedly biased voice of the Vols ever 😅

It would make for GREAT entertainment though.
My vote would be for Mike Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back