Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I’d rather have exciting games in prime time against legit teams. I like the fact we’re only in Y2 and exceeding expectations. It’s fun witnessing the rise.
I want to win blowouts...I don't care about "exciting" games.

I have had enough "exciting" disappointment the last 15 years to last me the rest of my life.

If I want exciting entertaining games...I will watch games including teams I don't giva💩 about.

Never thought I'd want a minivan. But me and the lads took a few through SD, Montana and Wyoming and they were the most comfortable long drives and rides I've experienced.
Definitely looking forward to buying one when I have kids.
If you are hauling kids to an archery tournament they are handy.

Reactions: SmokinBob
While both of those are really good, they do not rise to the level of BBQ fritos.

Throw a bag of these in if you ever make party/chex mix! My go to. Much sweeter than Fritos.
Moore's may be a regional brand though. Not sure.

00070913000183-ovKckC8UBI8JAoo4-en-US-0_s500.jpg

Dr. Punch said the surgery Tillman had usually turns that high ankle sprain into about a 6-8 week turnaround. He did say though that if it's not a pad sprain (meaning not as much ligament tearing) the recovery from it would be quicker.

Tua wash rushed back from his and being he plays QB where he has less need to plant and change directions it was easier.

Don't know the exact day Tillman had the surgery so not sure if this is week 2 or 3 of his recovery. I have a feeling that the goal was to try and get him back for Bama.
The surgery makes what would normally be a 6-8 week recovery and it reduces it to 2-3 weeks if rehab goes as planned

The surgery makes what would normally be a 6-8 week recovery and it reduces it to 2-3 weeks if rehab goes as planned

Yeah, only place I've seen 2-3 weeks is here on VN with random posters sharing it. Have yet to read/hear a surgeon or doctor say 2-3 weeks.

Josh Heupel was 7-5 his first year as OU's QB in 1999, after 12 years of being terrible.

The following year they started 4-0 before their first ranked match in a brutal stretch of 4 games vs #11 Texas. They won that game 63-14.

The following game they faced #2 Kansas State and won 41-31.

The very next game, they faced #1 Nebraska, a team they lost to by a score of 69-7 the last time they played. They won this time, 31-14 to become 7-0 on the year.

Two weeks later, they played and defeated #23 Texas A&M 35-31.

This sounds a whole lot like what's happening at UT right now. Finished last year 7-5 in the regular season. Start this year 4-0 and then face a brutal 4 game stretch of top 25 games, including battles with the #1, #2, #25 & #13 teams.

Could history repeat itself?

Heupel had meetings with his teammates after the 1st season, putting out his plan on how they are going to win each game and finish as National Champions. After the past 13 years as a mediocre or bad team, no one ever expected they would win a national title, but Heupel believed it and prepared for it, the same as he's doing here.

Heupel is also in his 2nd year as HC, the same as Stoops @ OU when they won the title back then.

*this is pretty much a synopsis of an article in "The Athletic". It's not word for word, just my interpretation of the article.
LETTUCE!!!!

I want to win blowouts...I don't care about "exciting" games.

I have had enough "exciting" disappointment the last 15 years to last me the rest of my life.

If I want exciting entertaining games...I will watch games including teams I don't giva💩 about.

Fair enough. And I wouldn’t complain if we walloped teams. But I’m not expecting that any time soon. Sure, the Vandys and Mizzous of the world but other than that I don’t expect many in conference play. Oh and USCe. But I’d rather watch games vs Bama, UGA, FL, LSU, UK. I think a game vs Miss St would be a terrific watch.

And I like seeing how Heupel coaches during the big moments. I like seeing how the offense executes during those times too. That high level of competition is really fun to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back