Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defense is slaw...I hoped and really thought it had gotten better...but nope.

We just got absolutely shredded by an absolutely garbage offense that has looked like the Keystone Cops all year...and everyone caught up in the euphoria of this win right now doesn't understand what that means for the rest of the season.

Enjoy it while it lasts..I know I am...but...🤦‍♂️

But are you though? Lol I’m not sure.

My girlfriend is running the Berlin Marathon today and just came across another runner wearing a Tennessee shirt. She yelled out Go Vols and Eff Florida!
She doesn't even care about football. I'm rubbing off on her.

This is a family site good sir. Let's keep it PG, please and thank you.
ji6zzUZwNIuLS.gif

Driving 99 yards for a TD was the most un-Vols like thing that could have happened. Most years we would have taken a safety there or gained 3 yards total and had the punt blocked.
99 and a half yards. 99 and a half yards. Because that football team wanted to. -Philip Fulmer 2001 Florida pre game 😁

How many years in the RF did we all drool over these high-flying offenses with QBs regularly connecting on deep bombs, WRs making spectacular plays, etc.?

Watching guys like Freeze and Kiffin dial up some magic. It feels great to finally have that here.
This. All day long. I would watch our team struggle to score 10 then flip over and just wide open offense with less talented players. Drove me insane.

Not anymore. I freaking love this offense and never want it to end.

Yeah, UF fans are down on their pass defense, too. But hey, Hooker is really damn good and so are our WRs. They made plays. Richardson and their WRs made plays, too. It happens.

I will say this…I’ve never seen so many WIDE open receivers against a Florida defense. Heupel is insane with his designed plays.

This. All day long. I would watch our team struggle to score 10 then flip over and just wide open offense with less talented players. Drove me insane.

Not anymore. I freaking love this offense and never want it to end.

Hendon Hooker is back on top leading all SEC QBs in the conference with the highest NCAA Passer rating. He also graded out as elite by ESPN’s total QBR for his performance Saturday and while QBR had his as the best QB in the conference for week 4, the guy in 2nd place was 31 lengths back..

We lead the nation in total offense. That’s #1 in the entire country. We’re 36th in rushing yards per game and 2nd in passing yards per game. We’re 4th in scoring offense.

Hendon Hooker is back on top leading all SEC QBs in the conference with the highest NCAA Passer rating. He also graded out as elite by ESPN’s total QBR for his performance Saturday and while QBR had his as the best QB in the conference for week 4, the guy in 2nd place was 31 lengths back..

We lead the nation in total offense. That’s #1 in the entire country. We’re 36th in rushing yards per game and 2nd in passing yards per game. We’re 4th in scoring offense.
That plus an electric Neyland is going to make recruiting very easy.

It's really awesome to see Ramel Keyton having a solid year. That diving catch he had yesterday was one of the best Ive seen in a few years. Really speaks to what kind of person he is to stick with it through all the coaching changes and NCAA troubles and now its paying off. Does he have another year of eligibility or is this his final year?

Yup. And one was a deep bomb that hadden had decent coverage on, Richardson just threw a dot. Our secondary is def pretty awful, but you gotta chalk some of that game up yesterday to Richardson playing literally PERFECT football. Happens every single year against the gators smh.

And we won it this time. Things have changed. I don’t know how you could have been a Vol fan the last 15 years and be anything but ecstatic about that win. There’s stuff to fix, but damn, perfect is boring, and this team ain’t boring. Soak it up!

What a strange defense we have where we are really playing quite well up front and just terribly in the secondary.

I think we are pretty thin on personnel and I dont mind the game plan of being safe, forcing people to put drives together, and hoping they fail to execute a few times.

Mobile qbs are going to be hard for us because we have to sit in a zone and can't rush too far up field. I can see us having a lot more success against Kentucky than lsu/bama. At a certain point though you have to either cover somebody or bring the house and we didn't challenge a single pass all night.
I don’t think those guys are as hard to bring down as AR though

Reactions: Grey_pilgrim
It's really awesome to see Ramel Keyton having a solid year. That diving catch he had yesterday was one of the best Ive seen in a few years. Really speaks to what kind of person he is to stick with it through all the coaching changes and NCAA troubles and now its paying off. Does he have another year of eligibility or is this his final year?
He’s got one more season.

Yup. And one was a deep bomb that hadden had decent coverage on, Richardson just threw a dot. Our secondary is def pretty awful, but you gotta chalk some of that game up yesterday to Richardson playing literally PERFECT football. Happens every single year against the gators smh.
Exactly. He was throwing dimes yesterday and escaping pressure. Scrambling qb plus zone defense often leads to coverage breakdowns. And I think we’re gonna see that he’s better than he played to start the year.

It
its a twitch/youtube thing. If ya know you know lol. 2k a crazy world

Right, but what I’m saying is Wright hasn’t done that celebration all year as far as I know, and then AR does it and then in conjunction with mocking the gator chomp he mocks AR. That whole celebration was mocking AR and the Gators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back