Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
They rolled him out a lot. I didn’t play football but spies usually play the middle of the field. It was better game-planning by them. My one complaint is that our outside guys missed him on a few tackles and let him get outside as opposed to containing him in the middle where a throw would have been more difficult.
Yeah, I did notice that they rolled him out a lot. And they always rolled him to the right side. We should’ve picked up on that and sent some corner blitzes from that side.

My girlfriend is running the Berlin Marathon today and just came across another runner wearing a Tennessee shirt. She yelled out Go Vols and Eff Florida!
She doesn't even care about football. I'm rubbing off on her.

I hope you're not doing that in public.

But I don't judge.

I agree. He had some nice returns tonight, and got the offense in good position to start several drives. You could tell he was chomping at the bits on the ones he didn’t get to run back too. I’d like to see what he could do with more touches on offense, but the offense is so loaded and already moving the ball so well, it’s hard to argue to change anything up.
Pretty sure it was Jimmy Calloway who was suspended for the first half and Jimmy Holiday who had some nice returns last night.

That is what I do not understand. And the thing is, we don’t just give up five. We give up 15 and 20 yard pass plays when the receiver goes into the soft part of the zones and sits there.
Oh yeah you’re right. We gave up those big plays yesterday to just wide open receivers. We made that field look big

When I started the year picking us at 8-4, I was assuming we’d inevitably have key injuries, testing our depth, and that the defense would only marginally improve from the Purdue game, because it was still largely the same players. If we end this year with 8-9 wins and those two things are culprits, we’ve met my expectations.

I agree we need to fix the defense but I can’t judge the coaches yet because I still don’t think we have great talent there. It’s Year 2 of a rebuild after all.

Go Vols!
Defense is slaw...I hoped and really thought it had gotten better...but nope.

We just got absolutely shredded by an absolutely garbage offense that has looked like the Keystone Cops all year...and everyone caught up in the euphoria of this win right now doesn't understand what that means for the rest of the season.

Enjoy it while it lasts..I know I am...but...🤦‍♂️

We just got absolutely shredded by an absolutely garbage offense that has looked like the Keystone Cops all year...and everyone caught up in the euphoria of this win right now doesn't understand what that means for the rest of the season.

Defense doesn’t matter when you score more points than the other team.

Jaylen Wright doing the gator chomp and throat slash with a ref literally standing right next to him killed me. Gotta give it to the refs on that one, there were a few things they probably could have flagged but didn't.
Rewatching it, I don't think it was a throat slash. This new thing they're (kids) doing, running their fingers under their noses.

Reactions: volKano and Orange.

Defense absolutely has to start playing better. HOWEVER, I think some (not all) of those plays yesterday was simply Richardson just making a play. I think he is a lot talented than we made ourselves think throughout the week. Heck, there is a reason he's a projected first round pick right now.

Like the 4th & 2 play where he threw it like 40 yards down the field? The number of times it seemed like we had him wrapped up for a sack and he was able to throw it away. Sometimes you gotta just tip your cap to the player IMO.

Defense absolutely has to start playing better. HOWEVER, I think some (not all) of those plays yesterday was simply Richardson just making a play. I think he is a lot talented than we made ourselves think throughout the week. Heck, there is a reason he's a projected first round pick right now.

Like the 4th & 2 play where he threw it like 40 yards down the field? The number of times it seemed like we had him wrapped up for a sack and he was able to throw it away. Sometimes you gotta just tip your cap to the player IMO.

Yeah, UF fans are down on their pass defense, too. But hey, Hooker is really damn good and so are our WRs. They made plays. Richardson and their WRs made plays, too. It happens.

Exactly. I think Florida is gonna show they’re better than they played against UK. AR made accurate throws and we got pressure on him a lot of times. When we stopped blitzing was when we really started having trouble.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX

This is exactly how I feel! And Tennessee was 1/2 step from knocking a pass away several times, but just didn’t make the play. AR just made those plays yesterday.

This is exactly how I feel! And Tennessee was 1/2 step from knocking a pass away several times, but just didn’t make the play. AR just made those plays yesterday.
Florida gave us their best and we left points on the field, had more turnovers and we still won. Tennessee teams of the past would’ve lost that game.

This isn’t anything new though. When Heupel was hired, we knew offense was his thing. If the defense gets a couple of turnovers or stops, then it usually results in a win. That was discussed 18 months ago. We are very good in rushing defense and creating pressure. If that QB yesterday was not as mobile, the game isn’t close. But he is still very talented. I didn’t see much of their UK game, but I have a feeling their offense called a better game plan against us.
It looked like the UF coaches and players had been sandbagging all year.

Florida gave us their best and we left points on the field, had more turnovers and we still won. Tennessee teams of the past would’ve lost that game.

Driving 99 yards for a TD was the most un-Vols like thing that could have happened. Most years we would have taken a safety there or gained 3 yards total and had the punt blocked.

He has been sandbagging

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back