Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toot was one of several guys taunting on the last play when the refs by rule were supposed to put time back on the clock, walk off 15 yds against AL, and let TX have another play (i.e., kick the winning FG.)

It's only been a few weeks since this new rule was a major topic of conversation, and everyone agreed it was bound to be a way to rig outcomes. It already has been. So far by omission.

7 points is a 70/30 game in college

FPI has it 78/22

Guessing SP+ has it about the same
Yeah, given our history with the UF game. . . having a 70+% chance to win seems like a lot. Pushing towards 80% chance seems crazy.

I really thought they'd open the line @ -4 or -5 UT and let the bettors push the market.

It's pretty phenomenal how accurate the final spread is most the time.

Last week was -6.5 . . . it moved to -7 or -7.5 at some point, before falling back to -6.5. Win by 7.

They capped our score @ 37.5pts and Pitt at 28.5pts. 34-27 win.

The props haven't opened yet, but I'm real curious to see where they cap our team total @.

Yeah, given our history with the UF game. . . having a 70+% chance to win seems like a lot. Pushing towards 80% chance seems crazy.

I really thought they'd open the line @ -4 or -5 UT and let the bettors push the market.

It's pretty phenomenal how accurate the final spread is most the time.

Last week was -6.5 . . . it moved to -7 or -7.5 at some point, before falling back to -6.5. Win by 7.

They capped our score @ 37.5pts and Pitt at 28.5pts. 34-27 win.

The props haven't opened yet, but I'm real curious to see where they cap our team total @.
If we are sharp on offense and don't have crazy careless mistakes like we did against Pitt I think we probably have an 80% chance to win.

My keys to beating Pitt were to not have a repeat in boneheaded mistakes and sloppy play like last year...but we won anyway! Because of our defense! Which none of us expected, which to me makes our ceiling much higher.

Florida has to prove they could beat us at our best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back