Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't think the DL was as bad as the stats suggested. QB was hurried often, got hit hard at least once, and was resorting to quick throws. I credit BS more than fault us.

What nobody has much pointed out is that HH had all night to throw, don't think he was ever really hurried. OL was very good in pass protection.
Yes they were. Would like to see better run blocking, but pass pro was excellent. That would be a big step up from last year. One of our few weaknesses offensively was taking sacks/having to take off in bad spots due to pass pro breaking down too often.

Reactions: Orange. and SSVol
I don't know that I'd call this a flop so much as making damn sure the refs call what was a pretty obvious penalty. I thought it was hilarious and that the little dude was insane for swatting him to begin with. What if you managed to make someone that much bigger than you mad?

It was a pretty stupid move on part of the Ball State player, but I’ll take it without complaint because it extended the drive. The encouraging thing here—flopping or not—is that we held composure and didn’t retaliate. In years past, we would’ve been backed up 15 and punting.

I hope he at least gets a daytime Emmy for his efforts.

1662153665868.gif

People make money from it. You just have to be smart, not bet with emotion and manage your bankroll well. You honestly can get a slow and consistent 1-2% per week over time as long as you don't chase huge parlays.
The general rule of thumb is 5-10% are long-term winners. The other 90%+ are long-term losers, no matter how many will win a bit here and there in the short-term. In fact, winning a bit is the very seed that keeps people coming back and believing they can be a LTW.

It's up to each person though. Same as poker or day trading. If you're dedicated and backtest a system that you can prove works, then it can be easy side money. But if it's casual, expect to be slaughtered with the rest. Or better yet bet small amounts and chalk it up to an entertainment expense.

The best sports gambling advice I've seen is either bet really small, regional college games the sharps and bookies ignore and become an expert in that conference play OR play the props, which are voluminous so also more ignored by the books. Option 3 is scraping for arbitrage opportunities...takes a nice system though to beat the market filling it in.

The biggest mistake most make is wanting to bet the most popular games, especially the super bowl, MM, nfl games. Those are the ones with super tight lines and no give, but the masses will pour into them.

Last edited:
BCS was garbage. Better than the good ole boy bowl network, but barely.
BCS had computation correct.

Having 11ty hundred bowl games is whats doing it.

Does baseball really need 162 games? Are conference championships necessary? What about Mich Ultra?

Reactions: SoilVol
One thing I didn't see last night?

An opposing QB scrambling for a 1st down. I know this guy doesn't run, but last year, Betty White could've rushed for fiddy on us. Even better was not seeing any gaping holes he could rush through.
I think we are seeing an attacking defense, that wants to bend but not break? 🤔

I think we are seeing an attacking defense, that wants to bend but not break? 🤔
As was astutely noted in the broadcast (when they weren't eating ice cream sammiches), our D-line was very disciplined in their gap scheme. If we keep that up, it will be the ideal defense to compliment this offense.

I don't know that I'd call this a flop so much as making damn sure the refs call what was a pretty obvious penalty. I thought it was hilarious and that the little dude was insane for swatting him to begin with. What if you managed to make someone that much bigger than you mad?
Make sure the initial swat is enough.

BCS had computation correct.

Having 11ty hundred bowl games is whats doing it.

Does baseball really need 162 games? Are conference championships necessary? What about Mich Ultra?
There was a COMPUTER that still ranked FSU over us after we beat them in the BCSCG. When they picked Oklahoma over Texas that season I think THAT was their death knell. Repeat…garbage.

One thing I didn't see last night?

An opposing QB scrambling for a 1st down. I know this guy doesn't run, but last year, Betty White could've rushed for fiddy on us. Even better was not seeing any gaping holes he could rush through.
R.196e74cfcf4dabb92ad82cdac1b2ddc6

UPDATE - FWIW, I fixed the framerate issue with the show. Apparently a lot of LCDs come with a motion fix built in and turned on by default that works well for sports and video games bc it adds frames but makes movies and tv shows look like they were shot on video because of that. Things look a million times better now that I have turned this off. So if any of you have noticed that your flatscreen makes movies look like they were shot on video then you might want to look into this. You'll enjoy your tv much more if you watch anything other than live tv.

It makes an enormous difference.

Reactions: bluegrasser
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back