Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all of the hype of Pitts DL, they got ran over a bit last night. 190 total rushing yards for WV and 5.6 YPC. Two different running backs over 70+ yards with one of them a true freshman rushing for 125 yards.

Pitt rushed for 76 yards on 39 attempts at 1.9 YPC. Threw for 308 yards on 24 attempts. Sounds like they had some big splash plays in the passing game but I haven’t watched.

We watched the first 2 episodes last night. It's pretty good but one thing driving me crazy about every show that shoots digital is not adjusting the frame rate. I really dislike 30fps+ aesthetically. I wish they convert it to 24p or an equivalent. It's easy to do and they're spending enough money already.
I like the way video looks if it's shot in 30fps and slowed to 24fps. It's not really slow motion. It gives a real smooth, dream-like look.

Reactions: UTProf
I like the way video looks if it's shot in 30fps and slowed to 24fps. It's not really slow motion. It gives a real smooth, dream-like look.

I agree. You can shoot in higher frames and convert. Films do it all the time. High frame rates are for sports, nature shows, live shows, and video games. That's it, imo. Otherwise there really is some magic to the film look you get from 24 frames.

I don't know that I'd call this a flop so much as making damn sure the refs call what was a pretty obvious penalty. I thought it was hilarious and that the little dude was insane for swatting him to begin with. What if you managed to make someone that much bigger than you mad?

I’m rewatching our defense and I’m not that worried about our d-line yet.. Pitt is obviously a different kind of test but just some optimistic thoughts…

Three things:

1. Every pass was short and quick, like 2 seconds boom it was out his hands

2. They ran 2 tight ends right on the oline for a lot of the time so there was a lot of extra help

3. We still only allowed 2.7 yards a carry so they were filling gaps

Yes it would still be nice for some of our guys to win their 1 v 1 battles and get to the qb quicker but I still think it’s a good sign we were filling rushing gaps for pretty much the whole night.

He and Sallee think the BCS had it right.

They just shouldn't have rewarded Bama in 2011. The second that happened it threw CFB into insanity.

That's always been my take. I dislike the playoffs immensely. They take away from the season, from bowls, and give us a terrible product in their place. It always comes down to 2 teams being miles better (every now and then there's a 3rd) than everyone else.

They should have set the precedent that not winning your conference or even your division can't be rewarded. They found a way to let Bama in instead of keeping them out.

LSU losing 21-0 didn't help.

The sport has been playoff-crazy since.
We were close to sliding into the title game in ‘99 had we not lost to Arkansas, even though we lost the division. I think in the end we probably get iced out regardless but that would’ve been interesting.

Reactions: Brillovol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back