Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely other factors to be taken into account.

One that I feel plays strongly in Banks’s favor in the comparison between the 2 is that our offense runs a fast break every possession. The defense is constantly being trotted right back out there after like 1.5 mins of game time. And yet they still managed to keep points off the board (for the most part, definitely not always).

I like Arnett too. So I went looking for reasons why I liked him and thought he would be this huge upgrade that everyone said he was. And the numbers weren’t doing it for me. Consistency maybe. I can see that being a point for Arnett. But there are games I really question his rush defense, just like I question our pass defense.

Pass ypg I get it. My only point on that is teams gave up on the run early and tried to keep pace. That put a spotlight on our weak secondary yet the defense was able to keep big points off the board (for the most part).
Absolutely, the way we play O is most definitely a factor whenever talking D. No matter what anyone says, our offense is hard on defenses, including our own, especially our's that is still WAY behind whenever it comes to personnel. Im excited to see how it holds up with the horses. However, MANY times, all our defense had to do was get off the field, and it had NOTHING to do with our O...we just couldn't hold, for WHATEVER reason. MSU's O is a huge factor, as well. First off, MSU only allowed like 7 more points than we did this year; but, their O turned the ball over more times than ours. Yeah, many factors.

Reasons I like Arnett are proof and experience, just more years than Banks; and that proof is, he's top 15 in every single category across DCs with 4 or more yrs; and, as I said, his defenses continue getting better from year to year...did at SDSU, and have at MSU. A 3rd year Banks is going to allow me, and what I look for, to really state my opinion on him, and stand better by said opinion. I've already developed my opinion on Arnett, and feel comfy standing by it.

Reactions: MarcoVol
They don't DESERVE to be in. They've done nothing to earn it other than having Alabama on their jersey. No impressive wins whatsoever.
If you remember me ranting continually for two weeks about the refs stealing the Texas game for Bama the game, and Texas playing without their QB, this is why. Sankey would prolly be in the committee's ear to advance Bama if they had 3 losses, but maybe the committee wouldn't fold.

If they want to give Bama the Egg Bowl trophy, I don't care. But that's all they've won on the field.

Reactions: Glitch
Yeah they aren’t dropping out of the CFP unless this scoreline gets a lot worse, IMO. Multiple ranked wins throughout the year with your 1 loss being against the #10 team in a rematch? That would be harsh. Doesn’t mean I think they are a better team than some teams behind them, but they have won all year and got to this point. Will be interesting to see if they drop at all though. Does the CFP really want a 2 vs 3 matchup of Ohio State and Michigan? Feels like they would want to keep Mich and OSU from not being paired up if they can.
Well, if Michigan is impressive and UGA plays with their food, it wouldn't be crazy to see them flip 1 & 2..

If Bennett has an impressive day, does he win the Heisman? None of the contenders are performing well this weekend. Maybe Williams impressed last night fighting through injury, Maye if he crushes it tonight.

Im seeing little evidence of why not Hooker at this point.
If the Heisman falls to Stetson then that’s just a sad state of college football this year.

We have 2 great wins but apparently they don't matter.
Well technically we lost the Bama game, by way of them simply having the chance to win, but failing to do so, it's really the same thing, what's 3 points when you're clearly the better team. 😂

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Are you really using Milton's mediocre performance in constant rain and wind as proof that he can't?
I love how some of you think we are just as good with Milton as with Hooker. We got smashed by uga and USC with our starting QB, but our backup will have no problem with top 5 teams in the playoffs?

If Bennett has an impressive day, does he win the Heisman? None of the contenders are performing well this weekend. Maybe Williams impressed last night fighting through injury, Maye if he crushes it tonight.

Im seeing little evidence of why not Hooker at this point.

Stetson Bennett would be the Gino Torretta path to the Heisman.

Reactions: KptVFL and jakez4ut
If the Heisman falls to Stetson then that’s just a sad state of college football this year.
The only way they could pick Stetson is: (a) excluding Hendon because bias + (b) everyone else choked = (c) least worst person available to steal Hooker's award. It would be a joke. But I'm tired of jokes that aren't funny.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
Milton bashing is lazy.
It's not bashing to say he's not as good as Hooker. It's a fact. And even with hooker we're even at best with Michigan and uga (probably slightly worse due to our defense). So with a worse QB, we are definitely not on their level. I'm not sure how that's bashing Milton to say he's not as good as Hooker....

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back