Best wins:
UT - 10-2 Bama, 9-3 LSU, 8-4 Pitt

Uga - 10-2 UT, 9-3 Oregon
Michigan - 11-1 OSU, 10-2 Penn St
TCU - 9-3 KState, 8-4 Texas
USC - 9-3 Oregon St, 9-3 UCLA

Bama - 8-4 Texas, 8-4 Ole Miss
OSU - 10-2 Penn St, 8-4 ND

Our 3rd best win is better than some other’s top 2. UT is the best 10-2 team out there with the best wins and playing the toughest schedule. We can’t make a case over the unbeatens, or 1-loss USC. But if TCU and USC loses next week, we have the best resume to make some noise on the UT, Bama and OSU CFP debate.
I think people have to come to grips either fact UGA's demolition of USCe is now a very quality win.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
I think people have to come to grips either fact UGA's demolition of USCe is now a very quality win.
USC is a much different team now than then. They finally decided to let rattler sling the ball 40 plus times. They were a running team before us and Clemson. They probably figured what do we have to lose and it worked well for them. They should have done it all year.

Bama didn’t just lose to us, they lost to LSU who we beat the crap out of. We also just posted a shutout of Vandy who was coming off of wins against Kentucky and Florida.

That argument is so lazy that they use. LSU just got beat badly by aTm, their third loss. aTm has been like Vandy this season. LSU was nearly beaten by 6-6 Arky the week before. Yet, they beat Bama. Yet, we destroyed LSU in Baton Rouge and beat Bama. Yet, our only other loss other than USCe is to the #1 seed at their house in the rain who won it all last season, which neither Bama or LSU has to play in the regular season. The USCe loss is now a whole lot more reasonable after yesterday, especially without Jeremy Banks playing.

So sick of the anti-Tennessee bias. Which is why our guys have got to learn to stay on task, follow the team rules and quit chirping. Earn the right to trash talk after you win each game. Our coaches had to learn to play aggressive every single play, right DC Banks?

We are set up to dominate the entire CFB world from this season on if we do things right.

Tell me again who Ohio State beat this year? Try to do so without laughing.
Tell me again who Bama has beat that should put them above Ohio State? If a two-loss team makes it, it will be Bama. The committee already has them ahead of us despite our head-to-head win. So we won't jump them. Ohio State is more deserving than Bama. But as long as USC and TCU take care of business next weekend, this shouldn't even be a debate.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Everyone saying "I'd love to get x or y team" must not have seen Milton look pretty rough tonight. We are going to struggle against just about any decent team in the bowl.
Not a given. We will have a lot of time to prepare and one game is still not enough to pass judgment on Milton. You all are still looking at last year's Milton and thinking he has not changed and I think he clearly has.

With Carolina picking up that win over Clemson, that gives them 2 wins over top 10 teams and should shoot them up the polls. A loss to them should be less impactful and should leap frog us back over Bama. We will see how they decide to rank it.
We SHOULD be ahead of Bama. Our record totally supports that. But I don't believe the committee will jump us over Bama.

Bama didn’t just lose to us, they lost to LSU who we beat the crap out of. We also just posted a shutout of Vandy who was coming off of wins against Kentucky and Florida.
Head to head should be the one and only factor if they have the same record. It is not that hard, but the committee will make it way more complicated than that.

If TCU and USC lose...

Whenever Bama gets in, those of you who will be out of your minds with shock and disbelief...just know, you've done it to yourselves. Listen to me now...prepare yourself now, so you wont be so shocked and overwhelmed with disbelief. It WILL happen. Yes, it will suck and shouldn't be so and should cause outrage; but...again...it WILL happen. They are going to do EVERYTHING they possibly can to get them in...especially over us; and, every one of you know it.

Again, prepare yourselves now; and, just maybe, it won't be as unbearable. Well, it will be...but, you know what I'm saying.

Bama will be ranked ahead of UT. Bamas losses are better than UT's losses. That SC game killed any hope of the CFP for UT. I'm sure Hooker being out has some effect on our ranking as well. I don't think it matters to the committee about SOS as much as what have you done for me lately.
They will be, but they absolutely shouldn't be. They get the nod from the committee on name alone, not accomplishment. And recency bias is dumb. The whole season should matter.

Joe is a great friend and an amazing teammate but I’m still doubtful on his QB abilities.
Im sure last nights game plan was Joe doesn’t run the ball. Hopefully they ease up on that for the bowl game.
His deep pass are hit or miss, miss, miss, miss and almost hit!!!
If during bowl prep or the off season CJH can fix this, then build and place his statue beside the General immediately.
I have never wanted to be so wrong about something in my life but I fear Joe Milton is a one trick pony😔
Hopefully I have to eat a huge bowl of crow next season when we win the SEC with Joe as QB1🧡

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back