Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s all a negotiating tactic with the planned leak today. But I do believe that Kiffin was intending to take the Auburn job and leave Oxford gracefully, until the news leaked on Tuesday. Freeze was always going to be available. Jimmy Sexton has been negotiating for both Kiffin and Freeze the past several weeks

Last edited:
I call 🦬💩 on that...it would NOT be 2016s step sister, that year was a massive flop by a loaded team...a team that was thought to he playoff worthy going in, it was a gigantic step back that got worse as the season went on.

This season is a huuuuge step forward...we are so far ahead of schedule that it is ridiculous. We were not supposed to be where we are for another 2-3 years. If this season is seen as a failure...it is because we have a large section of the fanbase with their head up their ass.

In the grand scheme losing this game means nothing besides injuries and a long season finally caught up to a ultra thin team. It will be disappointing...and that is it.

We've been playing with house money since the Bama game.
Eh. Great season that ends in losses to USCe and vandy? Same same. And this season is still a huge step in the right direction.

Thats what it's not 2016's twin sister. 😉

Reactions: VolNash17
Agreed! But a loss wouldn’t mean anything for next year - would show injuries and lack of depth finally caught up to a team that overachieved in year 2 of a multi-year rebuild. To draw any other conclusion would be madness in my mind. But I’m sure other conclusions would be drawn!
I think a loss would be a gut punch to the notion that we’re “back” and we might lose some momentum in recruiting. Today’s game is critical to keep that going in my opinion.

Reactions: volsagain
Why is everyone automatically putting us in the Cotton bowl? When LSU loses again we are gonna move back up to the Sugar or Orange bowl. LSU is gonna lose tonight at TAMU.

We gotta take care of business tonight and let the chips fall where they may... I think when the dust settles, when we get the W tonight, we end up in the Orange or Sugar...

So this is legit correct?
He’s pretty connected
Kiffy gonna be pissed if he’s passed up and didn’t even get a call lol
You watch
Saban retires and kiffy goes to bama or Clemson if they take dabo
Josh Pate has been saying for a couple of weeks that Auburn has been in discussion with a couple of very big name coaches that nobody's talking about, and he can't either. Maybe Freeze is one of those.

Hey look I don't know about you all but when did losing to Vandy become "Okay" cause we beat Yada yada??Umm F that noise and hey I get it anyone can lose but if we're wanting to compete for Championships losing to Vandy should never ever ever ever ever ever happen ever!!!!
Its never "okay" rlto lose to Vanderbilt for...really any reason. But competing for championships wasn't at issue, a ruined season was. And a severely disappointing finish doesn't necessarily ruin a season.

Last edited:
I feel like everyone has agreed that Matt Rhule is a great coach and a homerun hire for Nebraska but no one can really explain why.

He's finished in the top 25 once as a head coach. And as an offensive guru, they finished 52nd in total offense that year. I guess the NFL experience is something, but that was a failure from the jump.

I don't think it's a terrible hire but I don't really get all the praise that guy gets. That guy is an offensive guru the same way Gus Malzahn is an offensive guru. The kind of guru that never has to actually have a great offense.

Reactions: RiseToTheTop
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back