Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
The crowd probably did help some, but you are correct, the fans weren’t on the field during the game 🤣.. one game at a time boys, one game at a time
The crowd went a long way to keeping them in their own endzone and helping us to that initial 18 pt lead. Without that, we lose.

You think Alabama was a tougher game than UGA will be?

I think we have the edge against UGA, based on how we've dominated good defenses. Ojulari & Will Anderson were non-existent. I don't think UGA has the offense to keep up with us. They get homfield advantage, but I'm not really sure that bothers our guys at all.

Exactly how I feel about it. Head to head neutral site I see Bama beating UGA. Away games don't seem to phase our guys at all as Pitt and LSU proved.

That iron bowl had the better shock factor ending for the win, but our game was all around more exciting, IMO.
Being the last game of the regular season, that Iron Bowl was able to have unique conference title and national implications that a midseason game cannot have. Everything was on the line in that game, and you knew it was, because it was final regular season game.

It did not have the consistent offensive highlight reel plays our game did, but there was a lot going on before the kick as well. Like our game, one of the teams blew a sizable lead (Alabama in this case) and a big play early in the 4th quarter kind of felt like a dagger at the time (Alabama his Amari Cooper on a 99-yard TD pass early in the 4th quarter to give Alabama the lead).

You can argue that game is the single greatest college football game of all time given the exciting nature of the game, combined with the fact that series is maybe the most heated rivalry in college football, combined with the championship implications it had.

Reactions: jave36
You think Alabama was a tougher game than UGA will be?

I think we have the edge against UGA, based on how we've dominated good defenses. Ojulari & Will Anderson were non-existent. I don't think UGA has the offense to keep up with us. They get homfield advantage, but I'm not really sure that bothers our guys at all.

40 points on LSU is Death Valley says it does not.

Bama fans just plain do not know how to lose.

Sounds like they need some trainin!

you-will-not-laugh.gif

They are going to be slow learners though....

242a17b8-33ef-4c56-9808-26645298a717_text.gif

Shoot... we might as well bring the whole rest of the SEC and maybe the rest of CFB in for training while we are at it....

0ec79340-d006-402c-b3e4-aad0c96e25c6_text.gif

I just watched the game again.

I mean, we about lost that game 3 times and still had the moxy and fortitude to come back and end it!

Amazing stuff. Never gave up. Some huge plays at the end and some huge whistles that went in our favor (the right calls were actually made).

The scoop and score should have ended it. Or Bama knotting it up at 28-28 after we got out to a huge lead. Or Bama driving down for a game-winner late in the 4th.

Same with UF stripping the ball or pinning us on our own 1 yard line up 14-10. Those are the plays that have beaten the Vols for years. But this team is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back