Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Driving through Tuscaloosa in a few hours, any dares???
Recite what @rekinhavoc wrote above:

Dear Bama Fans,

Typically your defense will get called for pass interference when they are getting torched.Also that was offensive pass interference in the end zone.

Get over the down marker guy. It didn't affect the game.

Quit b1tching about your special teams snafu. You got a gift back on the fumble.

You lost and should have lost by a lot more.

P.S. Leave your sister alone . Losing to Tennessee does not justify hitting your wife.

Last edited:
Posted this missed read yesterday, but I can't get over how HORRIBLY Bama defended this.
3 Corners playing man. The down safety decided to play zone and gave Jalin Hyatt a smooth 15 yards of clean grass to run past him. If he wasn't playing zone, then he was betting Jalin was going to cut inside so he didn't backpedal.

The top LB is spying Hooker. The middle (Po'o Po'o) is on Small.

I'm pretty sure Bru is at the bottom of the screen. He has a corner playing man, and the OLB (Anderson?) Comes off the line and plays zone in the flat. Ends up double covering Bru. The deep safety is on that side too. So he has Bru over the top.

Bama had 3 defenders on 1 receiver running a 10 yard stop.... they had 3 defenders on 3 receivers on the other side, and the safety didn't get the memo to follow Hyatt anywhere.

But what could Bama have possibly done? If the deep safety rolls over to the middle of the field and takes Hyatt, Bru has 1v1 on the left sideline. He's going to bully that CB or get a DPI.

If the safety on Hyatt backpedals for the deep ball, Hyatt cuts to the middle of the field and puts him on skates.

I'm 99% sure that if we look at Hyatt's deep touchdowns after this, he gets one in this same scenario, and gets another cutting across the middle - reacting to the safety.

View attachment 502668View attachment 502669View attachment 502670

Although it‘s schemed differently than what Peyton ran, we force the defense to show their coverage hand (usually), then we pick the matchup(s) we want. In almost every passing situation, we have a primary and secondary open, but missed the primary read on this one. We accomplish this because we take advantage of the defense revealing their coverage and then flooding zones to clear areas where only our guys can get, which most times, like the illustrations show, leaves the defense hurling expletives.

I know Nick’s head had to be spinning like a top after seeing the wide stacks with TE or RB motion. When ran this efficiently, I don’t know that it can be stopped at the college level. Several NFL coordinators would struggle with slowing this down.

Nick’s head trying to figure it out:

1666029146391.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back